Fye ???

ens04

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have a couple of questions regarding FYE (online orders):

1) do you guys trust FYE for pre-orders?

2) I want to pre-order the Spider-Man Trilogy Blu-ray on FYE because it is the cheapest on the net. If I pre-order from FYE will I receive it on Oct. 30th or will they ship it on Oct. 30th??

3) Instead of them shipping me the product is it possible for me to pick-up the item? (It is faster than them shipping it)

4) How fast do they send you the rebates? Are the rebates in a check or are they only good for in-store credit?

[quote name='ens04']
4) How fast do they send you the rebates? Are the rebates in a check or are they only good for in-store credit?[/quote]
I've never, ever heard of a company doing this.

Pre-orders in my experience suck at FYE as I got my preorder a week after release date. Rebates take awhile to get but you do get them (2 months or so). I don't think you can do instore pickup at FYE.

[quote name='DreamSymphony']Pre-orders in my experience suck at FYE as I got my preorder a week after release date. Rebates take awhile to get but you do get them (2 months or so). I don't think you can do instore pickup at FYE.[/quote]

Pre-orders suck everywhere imo, as I always wait(well, most times) for the cheapest price on everything($5-10 DVDs, $5-10 CDs,$2-5 games), since I don't wanna be suckered into owning another lemon of a game, movie or cd.

Last game I truly preordered(full PO) was State Of Emergency and that left a nasty taste in my mouth. All the hype was just that: HYPE. The final release sucked and I felt cheated out of my $50. Luckily, after enough pissing and moaning, the local EB refunded my $$$ in store credit(full $50) and I bought some games I'd actually play past 2 days.

Honestly, with Spiderman 1 & 2 having been out forever and part 3 really having a bleh ending imo, I'd rather spend the $5-6 for used regular DVD copies of them, which are easy to get, than piss and moan about whether my 'zomg high def bs' versions are gonna be SHIPPED or be in my hands on a set date.

Kirsten Dunst still looks hot in low res imo.

Oh and as for FYE's rebates, they fuckin suck. It took me 4 months to get a paltry $30 PStwo rebate. I had to call their District Manager to straighten the crap out and eventually, they just gave me my rebate at store level.

Thing is, about a month later(5 months from purchase date), I received what looked like a postcard, which was in fact a check printed on postcard stock.

It had my name on one side and the check printed on the other, so I'm sure MANY have probably tossed theirs out by accident, thinking it's just one of those phone service switching scam checks.

Good luck either way, OP, but as I said, don't fret the small stuff(waiting 'zomg forever').

[quote name='ens04']I have a couple of questions regarding FYE (online orders):

1) do you guys trust FYE for pre-orders?[/quote]
Yea, I get store credit their for cheap so i pre-order stuff all the time.

[quote name='ens04']2) I want to pre-order the Spider-Man Trilogy Blu-ray on FYE because it is the cheapest on the net. If I pre-order from FYE will I receive it on Oct. 30th or will they ship it on Oct. 30th??[/quote]
It varies, Sometimes they ship out dvds 1-2 weeks before their street date, sometimes you dont get them to a week later.

[quote name='ens04']Instead of them shipping me the product is it possible for me to pick-up the item? (It is faster than them shipping it)[/quote] Unfortunately no, they dont do store pickups. Preorder prices in store & online are usually never the same.

[quote name='ens04']How fast do they send you the rebates? Are the rebates in a check or are they only good for in-store credit?[/quote] The few times i did rebates, it took 3-4 weeks. Honestly i dont sit there counting down the days til i get $7-$10 back. You could put 30 cents in a jar everyday for a month and come out with the same result.

A few months ago, I bought Super Mario 64 DS off the site used for $14.99, minus $10 for Google Checkout and plus $4 for shipping- $9 shipped. It came fast, and it looked as if it was new. Then again, I've heard their rebates- especially the mail-in ones- suck, and rarely get honored.

But as Berserker said, they're so generous on store crdit that it kind of makes up for all that.

bread's done
Back