FYI: Wii points cards now available everywhere on kiosks like PSN & Xbox live cards

saskwatch76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hello all...just an FYI to everybody looking for Wii points cards...I always hated how Wii points were wrapped in that damn plastic clamshell casing that was so hard to cut out...I was at Rogers Plus the other day and I noticed that they now sell Wii Points cards (new updated ones for the eshop for 3ds as well) on the rack with xbox live and psn cards...finally, Nintendo should have done this long ago, but that is how their whole online thing with Wii has gone I guess...:applause:

back when I had a wii I used to use VC a lot. (spent like $150 on it) Though ever since I got a ps3 I really don't like buying things off the store. Everything is such a bad value. When classic games come out on ps3 they often have online play, trophies and are less than half the price usually (plus I have a 5 person gameshare account with my friends so we all only pay 20% to boot)

Nintendo needs to get their heads out of their asses. You might have thought they'd taken a step in the right direction with the switch from points to real money in their 3DS eshop, but it's just as bad because they still force you to buy Nintendo money in set increments before trading it in for the game you want to buy. For example, I wanted a game that costs $5.99 so I had to pay them $10. Now I have an odd amount of around $3.71 sitting in my Nintendo wallet. It's not enough to buy anything I want, so I'll have to commit to another $5-10 and end up with a funny balance left over again. With Playstation store as long as your purchase is over $5 you can pay in exact change. This is what Nintendo needs to wake up and implement in their eshop, but they will never do it because they're Nintendo. They do whatever they want, ignore industry standards, and tell their customers what they want instead of listening to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that Nintendo should get their heads out of their asses for sure! I have spent hundreds of dollars on the virtual console, I agree their prices are ridiculous but besides from modding, this is the only way I could get something like super mario world, etc. Their prices are sooooo expensive, 800 points is like 10 bucks for some of the sh#ttiest super nintendo/genesis games, feel sorry for people who buy some of that stuff, aside from the AAA titles...but wow online is such a huge thing, Wii just blew it...the one thing that is good about nintendo Wii games is that they are complete releases, and there is no B.S. expansions/DLC, but that is also a bad thing...because a lot of the games (Conduit, etc.) die a quick death...anyone else have thoughts on this?:bouncy:

Being that sometimes at places like Fred Meyer you can get deals on prepackaged cards when they have video games accessories sales, having them be activated at the register negates that potential.

Are stores being retarded by charging tax on the new cards? Most stores knew not to charge tax on PSN cards but some like Dell.ca were stupid and did charge tax.

Costco also charge tax on the PSN cards. They take a dollar or two off the asking price, but you end up paying more than you would elsewhere.

[quote name='saskwatch76']I agree that Nintendo should get their heads out of their asses for sure! I have spent hundreds of dollars on the virtual console, I agree their prices are ridiculous but besides from modding, this is the only way I could get something like super mario world, etc. Their prices are sooooo expensive, 800 points is like 10 bucks for some of the sh#ttiest super nintendo/genesis games, feel sorry for people who buy some of that stuff, aside from the AAA titles...but wow online is such a huge thing, Wii just blew it...the one thing that is good about nintendo Wii games is that they are complete releases, and there is no B.S. expansions/DLC, but that is also a bad thing...because a lot of the games (Conduit, etc.) die a quick death...anyone else have thoughts on this?:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

No =|

800 points is 8 dollars. Just like how 2000 points is 20 dollars. So it's not 'like 10 bucks' at all.

Super Ghouls n Ghosts was all I really needed from the VC.

[quote name='VetraX']No =|

800 points is 8 dollars. Just like how 2000 points is 20 dollars. So it's not 'like 10 bucks' at all.
[/QUOTE]

He must be thinking of Xbox :cool:

bread's done
Back