G4 cancels G4TV.com and Filter

[quote name='989boi']Looks like no more Judgement Day but you will still get Reviews on the Run

http://forums.g4tv.com/messageview.cfm?catid=22&threadid=545731[/QUOTE]

Not on G4:

Hey Everyone,

Thank you all so much for the continued support! We know you all must be wondering what is going on with Judgment Day. Judgment Day was born when we decided that the most popular segment in our long-running show, The Electric Playground (celebrating 10 years on air in 2006!), needed its own half hour. That segment in EP was called Reviews on the Run. Reviews on the Run is its own show that has been airing in different markets outside of the US for quite some time. Judgment Day was the US version of the show which we created exclusively for G4. As of the new year we have stopped making Judgment Day for G4 but we are continuing to produce episodes of Reviews on Run, which will be airing throughout 2006 and beyond in our current syndication. We will be making some exciting announcements very soon about Reviews on the Run in regards to new increased distribution. We're working to make the show available to everyone that has enjoyed our reviews in the past and to a whole lot more people as well!

Also, new episodes of Electric Playground will start airing this spring on G4 and all of our other networks outside of the US. There's more stuff brewing and it's a bit too soon to talk about everything just yet. Stay tuned for more info and thank you again for your tremendous support and encouragement. If anyone is interested in finding out the latest information on our shows please stop by the www.tallarico.com or the www.elecplay.com message boards.

All the best.

Vic and Tommy

[quote name='Roufuss']This was a long time coming, it was kind of stupid to have two different review shows on the channel, espically when X-Play got a ton of time slots, and Judgement Day barely got any.[/QUOTE]

I don't see what's wrong with having both shows and having different reviews. I like(d) both.

RIP:

Pulse
Judgment Day
G4TV.com (the show)
Starcade

Only X-Play and Icons holds my interest on G4 now.

[quote name='bmarquardt']
Only X-Play and Icons holds my interest on G4 now.[/QUOTE]
Thats pretty much all I watch as well. Sometimes I dont even watch them.

I remember a time when I used to have my TV either on espn or tech tv.

I miss TTV.... i miss call for help and kat, and the screen savers, invent this, damn you g4 DAMN YOU ALL

Not sure what G4 stands for, but I'm pretty sure the route the network is taken no longer reflects the name. X-Play is not enough to justify the channel as a videogame channel anymore. Thanks Ted Turner you fucking asshole. Greed, how it screws so many things. Just as others have voiced I miss TechTV, especially for:

- Extended Play (Granted Morgan has grown since joining Adam and the name change to X-Play was a welcomed change)
- Cinematech
- Unscrewed
- TSS
- Call for Help
- The Tech Of
- Fresh Gear

Maybe all these petitions being signed to revive TechTv will get to someone who can make it happen. Sad thing is I looked forward to the merger when I first heard about it. Everytime I went home to Texas I was jealous because I had to return back to Tennessee to TechTv. I looked forward to the following G4 shows;

- Pulse
- G4tv.com
- EP
- Judgement Day
- Filter
- Cheat (Cory Rouse version)
- Sweat (Rossi Morreale)

The only good thing that comes from cancellation of shows I watch is that it gives me a little more time to play games, but though that sounds good I'd rather have a decent network compiled of videogame and tech shows that cares about the fan/consumer. All we can do now is pray, cross our fingers or whatever you do in your time of need.

[quote name='neudog'] Thanks Ted Turner you fucking asshole. Greed, how it screws so many things. [/QUOTE]

Not Ted Turner, it's Comcast's fault. They own G4.

Jeremy

What in the heck is going on with G4, it's shows/programs that deal with gaming are disappearing. I was disapointed when they didn't do a CES 2006 special. Maybe this year, e3 coverage will be replaced with a Star Trek MOVIE!!! :roll:

[quote name='jrutz']Not Ted Turner, it's Comcast's fault. They own G4.

Jeremy[/QUOTE]

I love when people go off on someone and they have nothing to do with it.

Judgement day was my favorite show on that channel. I hope they end up on a better network that appreciates what a great show it really is. I miss that show already, screw you G4 for removing all the gaming shows on a freaking gaming channel.

Prime time is filled with old episodes of Star Trek and Man Show. I was hoping they would run out of Man Show and Fastlane episodes to show and go back to gaming but it looks like we'll get a good solid year of Star Trek to bore us. Screw G4.

bread's done
Back