G4 CEO Fired

G4 sucks except for X-Play, Judgement Day (Tommy T is an idiot however), and that Icons show.

I could care less about street cars and that stupid fastlane show. There is a reason why it was cancelled on Fox.

The CEO of G4 getting fired is GREAT news. Regardless of what you think of the various gaming shows on G4, at least they are about GAMING. That CEO was the one who brought in all the R$$$$$$$$$ car modding shows like Whipset, Formula D, Fastlane, and Street Fury. Now I have nothing against those shows, but they dont belong on a channel suppossedly about gaming. When I want to watch some gaming related programming the last damn thing I want to see when I turn on the channel is Drift Racing.

They having 7 days a week of programming to fill. Theres plenty of room for gaming and tech shows on the channel. I watched both G4 and Tech TV when they were seperate, and this mix has turned out to be worse than either one was alone. Lets get back to the roots of both channels, gaming and tech news, reviews, etc... I see this as a good move on G4's part.

Bring back Leo!

Icons is great. Best show there. While we're at it, if Kevin Perrera yells one more time I say we lynch him. He is easily the most annoying presence on the channel. Yes, even worse than Big C and that's saying something. I quickly change the channel if I even see his face. Personally, I like Diane Mizota. Morgan Webb knows her games so she can stay. Adam Sessler, take him or leave him, I don't care. Victor Lucas is obviously a fan so he should stick around.

I wish Icons was extended into a full hour show....at first I didn't like cinematech but now the show has grown on me...its like watching a 30 minute mega mix of trailers and gameplay footages...Filter was a little bit okay but ever since they added John Walsh to the show it has gone down the drain

X-Play, Cinematech, Icons, Call for Help viewer here, occasional AotS viewer as well (I like the DVD reviews and the rare occasional tech stuff they do).

This is good news, possibly. One more loaded smeghead out of a decision making position.

Here's hoping for the Dip Set to go to the circular file.

Sailorneorune

i used to only watch g4...wasn't into tech tv...since the merger, the channel has go down hill...while the host were bad, I liked the show Pulse...gave me all the news and some previews of games...bring that show back, attack of the show, is to diverse to be considered a gaming news show...

[quote name='CheapyD']G4 is now reduced to showing The Man Show re-runs during primetime.
How very sad.[/QUOTE]

You've got to be kidding me. First it was Fastlane reruns and now its the Man Show. Next thing we know we'll see Cheapy posting a sidekick picture of G4 in an alley in New York with a sign saying "Homeless Will Work for Food". How very sad and pathetic that station has become.

[quote name='CheapyD']G4 is now reduced to showing The Man Show re-runs during primetime.
How very sad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw the little ad for it that at the bottom of the screen when I was watching AOTS last night.

So they will be showing the old episodes with Corrolla & Kimmel this isn't making any sense to me anymore is G4 trying to become the next Spike TV with The Man Show and Fastlane.

ok so after I wrote my last post I turned the channel to G4 and Attack of the Show was on. Holy shit has it gotten pathetic. I just saw Sarah Lane give the absolute WORST Office Space reference of all time, I mean I think she even realizes how pathetic she's gotten because she strating trailing off half way through her schpiel.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']Yeah I saw the little ad for it that at the bottom of the screen when I was watching AOTS last night.

So they will be showing the old episodes with Corrolla & Kimmel this isn't making any sense to me anymore is G4 trying to become the next Spike TV with The Man Show and Fastlane.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I think Kevin Rose talked about this on one of his podcasts. He said that one of his friends that still worked for G4 told him that the station is going to be a lot like Spike TV now. The Whip Set was only the beginning. Expect, many many shows that have nothing to do with games in the future.

[quote name='shipwreck']Yep, I think Kevin Rose talked about this on one of his podcasts. He said that one of his friends that still worked for G4 told him that the station is going to be a lot like Spike TV now. The Whip Set was only the beginning. Expect, many many shows that have nothing to do with games in the future.[/QUOTE]

fuck that then I just won't be watching it because the only reason why I liked watching was for the videogames.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You've got to be kidding me. First it was Fastlane reruns and now its the Man Show. Next thing we know we'll see Cheapy posting a sidekick picture of G4 in an alley in New York with a sign saying "Homeless Will Work for Food". How very sad and pathetic that station has become.[/QUOTE]

I turned it on last night, and they had a show called "Happy Tree Friends and More Friends". It was some Happy Tree Friends episodes along with some other flash based cartoons... I mean, I love me some HTF, but G4 definately isn't the place for something like that.

The Man Show, Fastlane and other changes were the responsibility of the fired CEO so hopefully the person replacing him will show some sense and make some changes for the better. I mean, really, THE MAN SHOW!?!?!?:fridge:

I was hoping for good things when G4 took over TechTV. To much change for the worse though. I enjoyed ScreenSavers alot and wish they stayed with it. AOTS has it's moments, but it is not the same.

All they need to do is being back a line up that is Tech/Games like it used to be. Everytime I flip to it there is some non gameing crap on, and I continue to flip.

bread's done
Back