G4's Top 100 Video Games of all time. Anyone else watching?

golliiath

CAG Veteran
Feedback
2 (100%)
I just started about half way through on episode #2. Anyone else catch the first one? I was wondering if Team Fortress 2 has made it yet. I was surprised Minecraft is at #67.

(if a thread for this has started please delete, I did a search but couldn't find any)

I was expecting a Mario or Zelda related title to be #1. I'm gonna follow it though, I don't watch a lot of tv so this is kind of cool.

WTF?? Words with Friends was rated better than Pong.
Mass Effect 2 at only #87?

I am expecting COD Black Ops to rated like the toats bes game ev4r.

Nah, don't think I'll be watching this. But I'll glance at a list when it's all said and done. Pretty sure I know what to expect.

[quote name='golliiath']I was expecting a Mario or Zelda related title to be #1. I'm gonna follow it though, I don't watch a lot of tv so this is kind of cool.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, typically these lists end with either Super Metroid or Zelda: A Link to the Past. Not that either is a bad choice, just predictable.

[quote name='Dark Rider']WTF?? Words with Friends was rated better than Pong.

I am expecting COD Black Ops to rated like the toats bes game ev4r.[/QUOTE]

If anything Modern Warfare will be on the list, and frankly it should be.

[quote name='Dark Rider']WTF?? Words with Friends was rated better than Pong.

I am expecting COD Black Ops to rated like the toats bes game ev4r.[/QUOTE]

You think that's bad? Baldur's Gate II was only #90.

I don't think anybody takes G4 seriously anymore. Ever since they started trying to be like a bad combination of Spike & MTV....

[quote name='panzerfaust']It's G4. That means shit like Halo 2 will be #8 or something.[/QUOTE]

As long as it and Call of Duty aren't any higher up.

[quote name='whoknows']If anything Modern Warfare will be on the list, and frankly it should be.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with that. Modern Warfare revolutionized how multiplayer games are today.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I sure do hate when people have different opinions than me.[/QUOTE]

It's not even that. It's just that I know they have to cater to their frat boy audience, who will be looking for COD under #10.

If you told me Zelda was #1, I would be fine with that. I don't personally like Zelda, but I understand it's merits.

However, I get the felling this is going to boil down to a Top 10 of things only from this generation (I.E. MW3, Skyrim, Red Dead, etc.) These are things that their audience will be familiar with.

Anyway, end rant. I just don't like G4. Kinda glad Sessler jumped ship.

Edit: Here is the list so far, for anyone who is interested.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I sure do hate when people have different opinions than me.[/QUOTE]

It would be a boring world if no one took issue with each other's opinions.

Everyone should take issue with G4's.

I've watched a little of it. My problem with the list is they should've decided to either do the 100 most influential games of all time or the 100 best games of all time and not a hybrid of the two. While very influential Pong is definitely not one of the best games of all time. Then they go with the original NBA Jam when NBA Jam TE is the better version. Now the original version of a game is usually the more influential version so that would be fine if they stayed consistent but they choose Gears of War 3 over the original game.

[quote name='shrike4242']People actually still watch G4?[/QUOTE]

DirecTV was nice enough to take care of that problem for me.

I think it's cool that it is an actual video list, but they have a lot of people that don't really seem like gamers in the first place. But oh we'll guess its better than reality tv lol.

Discussing the Top 20 titles.

Portal at #13 and Bioshock at #3 is just astonishing; don't think they deserve those spots at all. Even Tetris at #5 doens't make much sense personally since the game really was never really revolutionary.

I think a lot of these rankings were done off old memories. Nobody wants to think the first Legend of Zelda game was crap but it didn't take too long for a game like that to be overshadowed and beaten up by better titles. If you wanted to make a list that based a lot of rankings off "legendary" games then why not make Pong #1 since it was one of the first, more popular games of all time?

bread's done
Back