Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove 3DS $19.99 NEW/$17.99 USED at Gamestop

[quote name='kevgret']shovelware at its worst.[/QUOTE]

How so? Reviews seem to be luke warm. Anything that isn't AAA isn't automatically shovelware. It's a rhythm budget game, plain and simple. Don't compare it to my little pony or any of that crap, that shit is offensive lol.

[quote name='sylveranking']How so? Reviews seem to be luke warm. Anything that isn't AAA isn't automatically shovelware. It's a rhythm budget game, plain and simple. Don't compare it to my little pony or any of that crap, that shit is offensive lol.[/QUOTE]

This was originally made for the DS and ported over to the 3DS with little to no 3D effort put in.. thats why I call it shovelware. If you are going to make a 3DS game atleast put some work into the 3D..

[quote name='kevgret']This was originally made for the DS and ported over to the 3DS with little to no 3D effort put in.. thats why I call it shovelware. If you are going to make a 3DS game atleast put some work into the 3D..[/QUOTE]

Lol no

[quote name='dallow']Lol no[/QUOTE]

um.. yes... the reviewer even says it was planned for the DS and moved over to the 3DS in the video posted above.

[quote name='kevgret']um.. yes... the reviewer even says it was planned for the DS and moved over to the 3DS in the video posted above.[/QUOTE]

A huge amount of games move systems during production. That doesn't make it "shovelware".

[quote name='gothamcentral79']A huge amount of games move systems during production. That doesn't make it "shovelware".[/QUOTE]

True.. but not doing much to add anything to justify calling it "3D" does..

if more games come to the 3DS and make little or no use of the 3D then the system will become a dumping ground for bad games like the wii was.

Right now, there aren't too many games that totally disregard the 3D or try to not use it in effective way with the gameplay.. now there are bad games for the system.. but atleast those games tried to use the 3D effect.

This game should have come out for the DS and thats it.. and since the price dropped so low I think the publishers realize this too.

[quote name='kevgret']um.. yes... the reviewer even says it was planned for the DS and moved over to the 3DS in the video posted above.[/QUOTE]

No, I meant that isn't the definition of shovelware.
I at least appreciate the jump in resolution on 3DS. Don't care about 3D effects.

This is hard to find around me since the price drop. If I see it will probably try it. I only have one game for my 3DS at the moment.

[quote name='kevgret']True.. but not doing much to add anything to justify calling it "3D" does..
[/quote]
No, it doesn't. Not having motion control doesn't make wii games shovelware. A crappy game is shovelware.

if more games come to the 3DS and make little or no use of the 3D then the system will become a dumping ground for bad games like the wii was.
shovelware's on the wii because everyone owns a wii. there's shovelware on xbox and ds, too. It's just going to happen if a system is popular.

lol, some logics here are fun reads. Well Twilight Princess was developed for the GameCube, then ported to the Wii so I assume that's shovelware?

[quote name='mossman43']lol, some logics here are fun reads. Well Twilight Princess was developed for the GameCube, then ported to the Wii so I assume that's shovelware?[/QUOTE]

The Wii version had the neccessary additons to use the wii's systems capabilities... and not just dump the port onto the wii...

This game was the opposite.. the developer took the DS version they were working on and put it on the 3DS without really doing much to use the systems abilities...

No need to generalize my statement to all games ported to other systems...

i really wouldn't call it shovelware but rather just an extremely lazy port; shovelware is a game that is both lazy and crap but if it's both to you then i won't argue with that opinion

[quote name='exaznkid']i really wouldn't call it shovelware but rather just an extremely lazy port; shovelware is a game that is both lazy and crap but if it's both to you then i won't argue with that opinion[/QUOTE]

It's not really a port when it never even came out on the DS.

whats with that classic game room review? THe guy doing the review is not the same guy that has been doing them in the past.. I dont really like his review as much as the original guy

anyway @ this game. Maybe i'll get one if i can actually find a new one (lol like that will happen) If not maybe i'll hold off and hope amazon has them

[quote name='Kenshindono']whats with that classic game room review? THe guy doing the review is not the same guy that has been doing them in the past.. I dont really like his review as much as the original guy[/QUOTE]
That clip is from CGR Undertow. It's a separate channel with reviews from other members of the CGR group. Mark (the original guy) still posts new videos regularly to the main CGR channel though.

[quote name='Magicman103']Apparently the game is also on wii ware. Although i think this version has more content.[/QUOTE]

It's a different game, sort of a short prequel. I bought the Wii Ware version it wasn't bad it's just a dancing game where you waggle your arms. It was fun for the time I played it, but got bored with it almost immediately.

bread's done
Back