GAEMS G155 Mobile Gaming Environment $269.99 Regular price $299.99 @ walmart.com

[quote name='KtMack23']Mobile overheating environment[/QUOTE]
You talk about something you know nothing about. I saw the G155 at PAX East on demo all 3 days of the show non stop with no overheating problems.

[quote name='jon714']You talk about something you know nothing about. I saw the G155 at PAX East on demo all 3 days of the show non stop with no overheating problems.[/QUOTE]

How do you know this? Honestly, how can you tell someone on the Internet that you've never met what they do and don't know? I haven't use this exact model, but I've seem a lot of devices like this that do cause overheating problems.

[quote name='KtMack23']How do you know this? Honestly, how can you tell someone on the Internet that you've never met what they do and don't know? I haven't use this exact model, but I've seem a lot of devices like this that do cause overheating problems.[/QUOTE]

oh yeah it totally overheats, thats why it has an overall 4.5/5 star rating with 65 reviews on amazon. lmao

There was a black friday amazon/costco deal on this at $199. I missed that but did get in on the Black Monday amazon lightening deal for $229. So far, it works great and definitely no overheating issue. Really nice and portable. Xbox360 power brick is tough to lug around tho.

I picked one up during Amazon BF. Haven't opened it yet though.

I bought it because I'm currently considering a job which would require me to go on extended business trips every few months. This would allow me to play my xbox at hotels. Probably will sell it on craigslist/ebay if I end up taking a different job.

EDIT: Well, I ended up declining that job offer and going with another. Any CAG in the SF Bay Area want this? $250. PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KtMack23']How do you know this? Honestly, how can you tell someone on the Internet that you've never met what they do and don't know? I haven't use this exact model, but I've seem a lot of devices like this that do cause overheating problems.[/QUOTE]

So you just assume it overheats because you used a different device?

[quote name='jon714']So you just assume it overheats because you used a different device?[/QUOTE]

Yes, when a avatarless CAG that I've never seen post a deal before, and a deal that's hardly even a deal for a product I've never heard of, I assume it's not of the highest quality.

[quote name='KtMack23']Yes, when a avatarless CAG that I've never seen post a deal before, and a deal that's hardly even a deal for a product I've never heard of, I assume it's not of the highest quality.[/QUOTE]

. so if you haven't heard of a product it must be low quality? that makes you sound so ignorant...

[quote name='KtMack23']Yes, when a avatarless CAG that I've never seen post a deal before, and a deal that's hardly even a deal for a product I've never heard of, I assume it's not of the highest quality.[/QUOTE]

I opened my CAG account in 2008. Again you dont know what you are talking about.

Does this thing have its own rechargable battery or something to power the system? If not I'm having trouble seeing this as anything more than an overpriced monitor with carrying case.

Really? You assume it's not legit because he doesn't have an avatar? :applause:

[quote name='Psybuster']Does this thing have its own rechargable battery or something to power the system? If not I'm having trouble seeing this as anything more than an overpriced monitor with carrying case.[/QUOTE]

Rechargable battery would need to power the console and the LED, that whould make the G155 crazy heavy and bulky. The Technology is not yet available for that type of rechargable battery.

:cry: baby

Your own explanation to me sounds like you know nothing about this particular device. Considering you said it's a product you have never heard of a before. /shrug

I don't know anything about this device either, but I'm just here to back up the OP. Posting deals isn't always fun because there are always dicks to shoot down a thread, but IMO if it helps ONE person, then it has been successful. I've seen at least two posts here that have been helpful, the mention about Amazon reviews 4.5/5 and the deal itself.

[quote name='yuyak']FYI, it's $230 at Amazon right now (gold box)[/QUOTE]

ONLY UNTIL 4:15 PST (one more minute)

I picked mine up a few weeks ago when gamestop.com had it for $249.99. It's a pretty nice product with a decent quality screen. I've been using it at work lately with my Verizon 4G mobile hotspot to play on Live and its been great. Overheating isn't a problem since the straps do not cover any of the fans or vents. If you travel a lot for work or lan parties, this would come in handy.

bread's done
Back