Gainesville, FL CAGS

Nope! I wanted to go but didn't want to wait in line...looked to long for too few units. Man this launch was bigger then I expected.

Really? That's odd since some people from our line checked the Best Buy line last night. They had over 100 people for 84 Wiis. I wonder if they did in fact receive a second shipment.

How did he get it at best buy??? I went there at 2 AM last night and there where 90 or so in line and they told me only 70 or so WII's coming in....so I went home. Oh well at least I've FFXII and R6 Vegas coming up

[quote name='happyloaf']How did he get it at best buy??? I went there at 2 AM last night and there where 90 or so in line and they told me only 70 or so WII's coming in....so I went home. Oh well at least I've FFXII and R6 Vegas coming up[/QUOTE]

they had 80 or something, and when my friend went this morning he said a lot of people got tired of waiting and left.

I was at Target Saturday afternoon and there was a sign up right by the front door indicating "This is where the line starts for Wii". Nobody was standing there. I thought, "Well, I guess I didn't need to do that pre-order from Amazon."

Seems I made the right choice after all.

What time did your friend go to best buy? I had some head over around 12 today and they where sold out. Along with every other store in gainesville. I kinda want one but don't feel like waiting in line. Feel free to post if you see one in town though.

Any G'ville CAGs get a PS3 on Friday? Or been able to snag one since then?

Been reading online that small amounts of PS3s were showing up at retailers after Friday.

My parents are in Gville looking for a Wii for my christmas present. Let me know (or update this thread) if you guys hear any rumblings of shipments coming into town!

I do have an extra wii that I might sell to someone at a bit above cost if someone is interested. Probably for $300 or under. I know it's not the cheapest, but just FYI.

I was at Ciruit City with people who started camping out on Friday. I sold my voucher to some guy for $200. Really don't know if that was a mistake. On another note, they didn't accept the $40 off coupon, as I had tried it earlier.

[quote name='Gator']My parents are in Gville looking for a Wii for my christmas present. Let me know (or update this thread) if you guys hear any rumblings of shipments coming into town![/quote]

While adventuring to the various stores in Gainesville trying to hunt down extra Wiimotes and nunchucks, I ran into somebody at Toys R' Us who claimed to have a friend who was a stocker at Wal-Mart. He said that Wal-Mart purposely withheld consoles they received so they could be sold on Black Friday. He said the Wal-Marts got 60. I know they only put out 20 systems each, so that would mean that each Wal-Mart would have theoretically at least 40 additional systems on Black Friday. Might be worth a shot if your parents are willing to wait a bit in line. Just remember this was just what some random dude at TRU told me so YMMV.

Saw 1 nunchuk tonight at Kmart out by the Oaks Mall. Kinda buried at the bottom of the Gamecube section along with a couple of Wiimotes.

The game section there is pretty crummy. Lotsa games but no organization.

Any stores in gainesville selling before black friday? Man it would be great if target or another store like best buy was selling wii's before black friday? Anyone heard anything?

[quote name='andjuan']While adventuring to the various stores in Gainesville trying to hunt down extra Wiimotes and nunchucks, I ran into somebody at Toys R' Us who claimed to have a friend who was a stocker at Wal-Mart. He said that Wal-Mart purposely withheld consoles they received so they could be sold on Black Friday. He said the Wal-Marts got 60. I know they only put out 20 systems each, so that would mean that each Wal-Mart would have theoretically at least 40 additional systems on Black Friday. Might be worth a shot if your parents are willing to wait a bit in line. Just remember this was just what some random dude at TRU told me so YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. My mom actually stood in line at 6:20 am at the video game stores in the Oaks Mall, to no avail. Mad props to my 60 year old mom standing in line with a bunch of college kids trying to buy a Wii. Are any of you headed to Best Buy on tomorrow morning??

Oh yeah, one more thing... GO GATORS!

Kmart by the Oaks Mall has a small display of games $14.99 or less. I picked up PS2 Haunting Ground and XB Darkwatch last night and there were about 3 of each left. I've been wanting these for a while (for under $20) so I was happy to find them. Haunting Ground has been like trying to find a needle in a haystack! Started playing it last night and while it's basically a Resident Evil clone, I'm enjoying it.

Anyway, they had unexciting GBA and PSP titles and the only thing I saw for GC was Viewtiful Joe and Space Raiders.

bread's done
Back