Galaxy S3 price drops?

Waughoo

CAGiversary!
I'm looking into a new phone. I'd really like a Galaxy Note 2, but theres no way I can afford even a refurb on that. So I've been watching the Galaxy S3 refurbs ($30!) on AT&T for like a week and a half, and they've been out of stock the entire time. I'm not sure if they are selling them so fast I never even see them, or if they just are not getting them in. So since I cant seem to get the refurbs I'll probably have to go with a new one but the price is kinda high still.

Anyhow, I read that the S4 is going to be available for pre-order on the 16th. The release date hasnt been posted for sure yet, but it's looking like the beginning of May. My question is are the S3s going to price drop when the S4s go on preorder, when the S4s actually are released, or are they not even going to drop for awhile? I know no one has a definite answer, but has anyone noticed what prices tend to do in these situations?

Right now you can get it for $100 on contract at Best Buy. Also, if you trade in another phone, you can get a $50 credit in addition to the trade in value of the phone. Plus if you signed up for but did not use one of the previous gift card offers last year, they were extended to this year.

Costco has the Galaxy S3 for $39.99. Of course, you need a membership but if that made sense for you, this is the lowest I've seen. (The Note 2 is still $250).

No Costco near me :(

I'm kinda hoping for AT&T to drop prices because I'm afraid if I buy from somewhere else they might mess up my unlimited plan. My wife and I have a plan that's like 8 years old we just renew every year. If whoever is selling you you're plan screws up, you'll lose your old plan. My brother-in-law had a really old unlimited plan for like $40/month that he lost because his salesman screwed up. So I kinda worry about going to like Best Buy or Walmart or something. Otherwise I'd buy it online through Amazon, they have them for $10.

Waughoo, don't waste your money on an S3. Most of the people I know with one do not enjoy it and just bought it because of the name.

If you want a good phone, honestly buy the LG Optimus G if you are on ATT. The phone has Jelly bean and is a lot speedier than an S3.

Plus the phone is 60$ on Amazon.

Thats weird, because everyone I know with an S3 love it. Plus all the reviews are really good.

The S3 just dropped for refurbs at AT&T to $0.99. But my wife and I might try going through Sam's Club, as new ones are like $38. She's probably getting an iPhone 5, which is pricey. However she can sell her iPhone 4 for $155 to Gamestop, making the 5 only really cost her like $40.

yeah i know what you mean about having the old grandfathered unlimited plan for real cheap....gotta make sure the employee knows what theyre doing so they dont screw it up. i think i would kill someone if they messed up my $40 plan.

im due for an upgrade next month, i plan on trading in my current phone (iphone 3gs), and i have about $30 in best buy credit to put towards a new phone. im thinking the HTC one, i WAS really leaning towards the galaxy s4 but decided not to.

[quote name='Blaster man'] Also, if you trade in another phone, you can get a $50 credit in addition to the trade in value of the phone. [/QUOTE]
to get that extra $50 dollar credit you have to have "Trade-In Plus" or have a Geek Squad Protection Plan. which both of those cost $$$

bread's done
Back