Game Boy and other cartidge display cases for Cheap.

thorbahn3

Staff member
Feedback
5 (100%)
Watched this video and the people in it figured out the perfect solution for displaying Game Boy and N64 games. Basically, you use nail polish displays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oreOa_rIUj0

Nail Polish display 1: https://www.amazon.com/Sodynee%C2%AE-Polish-Table-Display-Bottles/dp/B00PAXNYKA/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8Q5FF15Y6XN5P85R3N5D

Nail Polish Display 2: https://www.amazon.com/Polish-Table-Rack-Display-Bottles/dp/B01DJFM38Y/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QCB35MQ1YBMZ8WBJSMJV

If you find any others for cheaper, post below.

Good to see more people enjoying mlig. Try4ce is a cool guy that I've known for a few years now. I found that video interesting for sure.

Not sure how this is a deal, though I am sure wives and girlfriends of CAGs will appreciate it.

Yes, I am serious. Some CAGs actually do have them, rare as they are.

Looks nice for game boy games but it doesn't look like the ideal solution for n64 games since it can only fit 3 or 4 on a row by the looks of it.

I was REALLY hoping they would be wide enough for Lego Dimensions figures and vehicles. But not so much...

In the deals section?

George-Costanza-Facepalm.gif

OMG I'll take 3! And I don't even know what to say about this. One I don't display my games. Two, I'm not that lazy to where I can't get up and actually look at my Game Boy games.

Here is another creative way, but I guess it isn't the cheapest. Maybe if you go to Goodwill you will have some good luck!

http://nintendonews.com/features/game-boy-cassette-cases/
I've considering this idea for the longest. I just don't have the heart to break the cassette tape case's tabs/teeth, whatever you call the thing that holds the tapes in place, in order to fit Gameboy games.

Thought about using cassette tape cases for Gameboy Advance loose cartridges. I can't find Nintendo DS cases that hold GBA games for cheap anymore.

Not a bad idea with the whole nail polish display racks. Might go that route with Gameboy/Gamegear games.

Not sure how this is a deal, though I am sure wives and girlfriends of CAGs will appreciate it.

Yes, I am serious. Some CAGs actually do have them, rare as they are.
I feel there's a Pokemon Go parody video within that last statement. Girlfriend-o Go! Wild hildebeast appears!

In the video they say trading card pages work somewhat well for GB carts. Not sure if that would help you but figured I'd toss it out there.
That might work.
Right now I have my GameCube stuff in the CD wallet for regular sized discs because I made individual paper holders for each and that keeps them safeish/inplaceish. Might try something like that.

Thanks OP. I really like this idea. When GS put their Gameboy games to 75% off (plus 10% "EDGE" membership at the time), I went hog wild and spent hundreds of dollars. I'm always trying to think of ways to store them and be able to see the labels to find and play them easily on the Retron 5.

I bought a bunch of these on clearance at Target for $3 or $4 each to hold my Gameboy games. https://www.amazon.com/InterDesign-Clarity-Cosmetic-Organizer-Products/dp/B0118B1TAE/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1468698132&sr=8-28&keywords=makeup+organizer+clear+stackable

They stack on each other beautifully. It was about a year ago when I bought these. I remember the female Target cashier being confused and saying "This is all you want to buy?"  :rofl:

I like the way the nail polish shelves look, but the only downside I can think of is that the cartridges will get dusty. At least the pins shouldn't get too dusty. With my method only the top shelf will get dusty, but I have another target container I will put on top to cover it. I filled it with various charging cables for all of my handheld consoles.

I would upload a picture of my collection, but I still haven't got around to organizing them. I still need to peel off the Gamestop stickers. I need to take apart and clean some of the cartridge pins because the games just don't boot or they freeze while playing. 

People might give the uploader grief for putting this in the deals section, but I'm really happy he did because I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. 

Edit: I've been doing something else for GBA games. I've been buying up all of the DS cases at thrift stores that have the GBA cartridge slot. I only get them if they are .50 cents or $1 each. Usually it's stuff like Jonas Brothers, Hanna Montana, or Petz games. Then I print the GBA labels out on 11x17 card stock from thecoverproject. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep all packaging but this is a slick idea! Thanks for posting!
I'm with you. I still have all of the cardboard boxes and manuals for the handful of Gameboy, SNES, and Genesis games that I got brand new as a kid. But everything I've bought since then rarely comes with the flimsy cardboard box, especially original Gameboy games.

Just throwing it this out there  - if you're finding something cool on Amazon, don't be afraid to check the used listings (most of the time) and save a few bucks buying from Amazon Warehouse Deals if the price and description are good! 

bread's done
Back