Game Boy Micro thread of tiny retro goodness. "Make it yours."

[quote name='Nibi']Are any of the Mega Men Battle Network games worth playing?[/QUOTE]

try one, if you like it, there are five more of them. They are pretty similar, but I enjoyed the ones I played (1,2,3,5)

[quote name='Vader582']I don't want to derail the Micro Love but one of the Gamestops I visit knows my love of the Micro and saved this for me. It was $7 just a few days ago.

They said it dropped today, should anyone have seen any of these near them recently.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely awesome case for the micro - I paid around $5 a few years ago when I first got the system. Even though it doesn't hold any accessories (other than the current game that's in the micro), it's my favorite case for any system I own. Really stylish and keeps the small form factor - good stuff!

And you can't beat it for a penny ;)

Just found this thread... I bought a Micro from fleabay about 2 months ago and I love that thing. Used and I had to get a charger separately, but it's in very good shape and I only paid $30 for it. It's been living in my pocket ever since. I've also been having a blast hitting Gamestop(s) for excellent $3 and $5 games... In the last 6 weeks or so, I've found Gunstar Super Heroes for $3, Super Dodgeball Advance for $3, and Final Fantasy VI for $20. So many good things for so few dollars. I've got my eyes peeled for a copy of Super Puzzle Fighter, but no luck yet. If anyone sees one (and doesn't want it), I'd be happy to pay cost + shipping.

gb micro was my fav gameboy version of all time. and the gba in general was my fav handheld by far. i still have my gba stuff and play it with friends.

I love the Game Boy line! Always looking for new stuff to add. Here is a pic of my system collection and Famicom Mini games:

DSC02036a.jpg

I also have a red GBA SP and another GB Micro unboxed. Also have the original Game Boy and Game Boy Color, both unboxed. Here's a look at my boxed games:

DSC02029a.jpg

There's that Game Boy Color. Don't know why Ninja Five-0 is upside down. I have more unboxed GBA games and a ton of original GB and GBC games, all unboxed.

[quote name='nickerous']I love the Game Boy line! Always looking for new stuff to add. Here is a pic of my system collection and Famicom Mini games:

DSC02036a.jpg

I also have a red GBA SP and another GB Micro unboxed. Also have the original Game Boy and Game Boy Color, both unboxed. Here's a look at my boxed games:

DSC02029a.jpg

There's that Game Boy Color. Don't know why Ninja Five-0 is upside down. I have more unboxed GBA games and a ton of original GB and GBC games, all unboxed.[/QUOTE]

I ran out of places to put my GBA boxes so I broke 'em all down by pull out both ends and flattening them. I've got them in a plastic container in my closet as my GBA carts are loose in a little plastic pencil case.

Well, I also have a couple of Gameboy Micro system, can't find the words for it. Its bit more than a love'n'hate, especially when I do have GBA, GBA SP 2.0, and DS lite. But I say it came at the wrong time.

I am looking for additional face plates, did anyone try contacting Nintendo about it?

m9imag0073fj
img801.imageshack.us
imag0073f.jpg]
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9540/imag0073f.jpg

FFV is in the GBM(I have a 2nd copy of FFIV in its place)
Tactics Ogre is a fake

edit:(sorry for not knowing how to insert a pic)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maximumzero']I ran out of places to put my GBA boxes so I broke 'em all down by pull out both ends and flattening them. I've got them in a plastic container in my closet as my GBA carts are loose in a little plastic pencil case.[/QUOTE]
http://www.thecoverproject.net/

Just wanted to know if any here have extra faceplates to trade?

I am looking for lava and spiral, and I do have two ladybugs on pink flower.

[quote name='UncleBob']I wish Nintendo (or a third party) had made a clear face plate and made a custom template available to create and print face plates from. That would have been awesome.[/QUOTE]

Just got a clear faceplate off ebay. Seller went up on the price after I got mine, though...now, I see he doesn't have any on ebay right now. Not bad. Need to find a template now...

Glad to see some love for the micro, it's definitely one of my most loved handheld. I used to play Polarium while driving in traffic, the only game I know of that was designed to be played one-handed.

I got two micro during the awesome TRU "GBmicro glich", $20 each, pretty freaken sweet, one of the best deal I've done since joining CAG!

I'll post pics once I get around to organizing my GBA collection.

I have slowly been rebuilding my GBA collection. I sold all of my GBA stuff a few years ago when my first Xbox360 got the red ring of death. So far I have bought a few used games, and managed to get Pokemon Emerald, Sapphire, and Leaf Green all NIB (still unopened for now). The GBA is still my favorite handheld system. After reading this thread I want to get a Micro now lol.

[quote name='El1te']I have slowly been rebuilding my GBA collection. I sold all of my GBA stuff a few years ago when my first Xbox360 got the red ring of death. So far I have bought a few used games, and managed to get Pokemon Emerald, Sapphire, and Leaf Green all NIB (still unopened for now). The GBA is still my favorite handheld system. After reading this thread I want to get a Micro now lol.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly how it begins. Next you'll be on ebay watching 17 auctions.

[quote name='Nibi']That is exactly how it begins. Next you'll be on ebay watching 17 auctions.[/QUOTE]

I'm already wathching a few Micros, but I suspect that will steadily increase lol.

[quote name='El1te']I'm already wathching a few Micros, but I suspect that will steadily increase lol.[/QUOTE]
This is the truth! At one point I had hit the limit on watching items and most of the items were Micros and GBA games.:lol:

After viewing this thread for a few days, I finally did it. I bought a NIB 20th anniversary GBA Micro. Its the Japanese version, but it will play all versions of GBA games.

[quote name='Asgardian']I used to play Polarium while driving in traffic[/QUOTE]

WHILE DRIVING in traffic!?!! Dude get off the fucking road!

[quote name='Ruahrc']WHILE DRIVING in traffic!?!! Dude get off the fucking road![/QUOTE]

lol, yeah I play while on the freeway doing 100 miles/hr.

[quote name='Asgardian']lol, yeah I play while on the freeway doing 100 miles/hr.[/QUOTE]

You only drive 100 mph??? I go at least 150 while playing GBA, talking on my phone, and playing Wii on a TV i put on my dashboard :D

Damn, I've been meaning to look for my micro. The size lends itself to going MIA. Agree with SP 2.0 being better though.

[quote name='El1te']My Micro arrived via UPS today. I'll post some pics later today when I unbox it.[/QUOTE]

Is it the regular or the 20th anniversary one? And congrats on getting it!!! Can you also let me know if it also plays the original GameBoy and GameBoy Color games?

[quote name='ThatAwesome1']Is it the regular or the 20th anniversary one? And congrats on getting it!!! Can you also let me know if it also plays the original GameBoy and GameBoy Color games?[/QUOTE]

It's the 20th Anniversary one. It's the Japanese version, but it will play all game versions since the GBA isn't region locked. I'll try my GB and GBC games in it and let you know what happens.

[quote name='El1te']It's the 20th Anniversary one. It's the Japanese version, but it will play all game versions since the GBA isn't region locked. I'll try my GB and GBC games in it and let you know what happens.[/QUOTE]

Big fat negative. Micro doesn't play GB or GBC games.

[quote name='El1te']Here are a few pics of the box, i'll upload a few more later today when I unbox it.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Link_Dat_Ass.png

[quote name='clockworkgreen']Big fat negative. Micro doesn't play GB or GBC games.[/QUOTE]

That sucks... I'll have to buy another GameBoy since I sold mine like 4 years ago...

@El1te: That Micro looks pretty sweet! I need to get one too :bouncy:

[quote name='Doomed']How much was it?[/QUOTE]

I got mine Buy-it-now for $90. Not the best deal, but I took it after I watched another one go over $130 at auction. Used ones are significantly cheaper.

Here are the unboxing pics:
If you want to see more there are some in a album I uploaded to my profile. I didn't want to spam this thread lol

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Wow, that's pretty sweet packaging for the 20th Anniversary version! The mario stage inside the box is a nice touch! Wish I cna break down and buy one!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics.

PS: Like others have said, the micro can't play GB/C games which is a little bit of a bummer but once you see how perfectly a GBA cart fits into this system, you won't really want to ruin ihe slick design with an intrusive GB/C cart.

Does anyone have the Mother 3 Micro? Just wondering... And is the game itself in English (or have the English option)? Thanks...

Would you rather get the Mother 3 Micro or the 20th Nintendo Anniversary one? Just wondering which one I should save up for...

I had the M3 micro but sold it. The game is in Japanese. If you want to play it in English you will need a proper flash cart.

If I had to pick one micro I would go with the Famicom edition as I simply couldn't bring myself to play with the M3 micro. It just became a $300 paperweight.

[quote name='cochesecochese']I had the M3 micro but sold it. The game is in Japanese. If you want to play it in English you will need a proper flash cart.

If I had to pick one micro I would go with the Famicom edition as I simply couldn't bring myself to play with the M3 micro. It just became a $300 paperweight.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the fast response! And I couldn't find any on Amazon (Don't really use eBay for some reason), so I'll stick to the 20th Anniversary one.

Come on, Lets get this thread Jumpin!! Where are all the Micro owners at? Im trying to complete my collection here. Trying to get my custom "Retro" decal to be made up from DecalGirl (Who by the way STILL makes skins for the GB Micro faceplates!!) Check mine out below :) What do you guys think? The red buttons would have to be stickers/skin material placed over the already black buttons, and the gray squares around the system are going to be on the skin/faceplate itself.

RETRO_MICRO_PROPOSAL_DG.png

Play-asia.com had those Famicom Micros for around $60 a year or two ago, so I snagged one back then. It's a very cool little system, I'm surprised they weren't too popular here in the US.

[quote name='redline']Play-asia.com had those Famicom Micros for around $60 a year or two ago, so I snagged one back then. It's a very cool little system, I'm surprised they weren't too popular here in the US.[/QUOTE]

With MSRP of USD $90 at its US release, that did turn off many potential buyers, considering the limited function it had when compared to DS phat and GBA SP(-101).

bread's done
Back