Game Boy Micro

Hairball128

CAG Veteran
Hey I'm kinda new here, though I've lurked a bit.

Does anyone know where to find a Game Boy Micro? I know it's kind of pointless to get one, but I'd like to buy a used one just for collection cause it seems neat.

Won an ebay auction for a sealed Gameboy Micro, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VI, and Castelvania Harmony of Dissonance. 85 bucks shipped. I can finally get back into Pokémon Leaf Green.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']You'll need 73 xbox 360's to last you long enough to go through 5 HD-DVD players. :D[/QUOTE]

You can never be too careful! I'm a pack rat for tech stuff, I even have emergency NES/SNES/etc systems in case I need parts way down the road. Having condo storage helps a lot too,

[quote name='Nibi']Won an ebay auction for a sealed Gameboy Micro, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VI, and Castelvania Harmony of Dissonance. 85 bucks shipped. I can finally get back into Pokémon Leaf Green.[/QUOTE]
:lol: I was watching that auction. Did you actually win it though? The reserve wasn't met.

This thread convinced me to pick up a Micro. Won an auction for a sealed Famicom. I paid a little more for it than I originally hoped ($90) but I'm sure it's worth it (I can't stand used portable systems).

a while back i got my game boy micro from amazon.com where they put up used and new stuff external links and sometimes it's even cheaper then ebay + shipping. the store i got it from shipped to Canada so that was a big plus. i think i paid around 45 bucks for mine.

now.. anyone know where i can get some extra face plates i kinda scratched mine >< but still good. oh and if your wondering i have a psp and a ds too but i still perfer to bring the micro out rather then those other 2 systems because they are so big compared to it.

Wow people actually want GB Micro's?
Wow...

I'd be open to letting mine go. I hardly use it so maybe I should be trying to find it a new home...
Something to think about...

[quote name='Vader582']:lol: I was watching that auction. Did you actually win it though? The reserve wasn't met.[/QUOTE]

I guess I was the high bidder when it ended. The reserve must have been at 100 bucks. I received an email, and the seller offered to sell it to me because I was the highest bidder. It was a one day auction, and I suppose the seller just wanted to get rid of it.

I have since picked up Lunar Legend, Super Dodgeball, and Mario Golf.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Wow people actually want GB Micro's?
Wow...

I'd be open to letting mine go. I hardly use it so maybe I should be trying to find it a new home...
Something to think about...[/QUOTE]

Don't get lowballed :D if I was you I'd keep it... personally systems are somethings I keep. I still have my old systems, not that they get used (my XBMC and my next gen consoles make perfect emulators) or anything but more for posterity.

S'what it means to be a nerd no?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kathos']Don't get lowballed :D if I was you I'd keep it... personally systems are somethings I keep. I still have my old systems, not that they get used (my XBMC and my next gen consoles make perfect emulators) or anything but more for prosperity.

S'what it means to be a nerd no?[/QUOTE]
Normally I would, but since it doesn't play GB/GBC games, I hardly use it.

I still mainly use my GBA-NES model version to play any games.

[quote name='kathos']I still have my old systems, not that they get used (my XBMC and my next gen consoles make perfect emulators) or anything but more for prosperity.

[/QUOTE]

I think you mean posterity?

I love this thread-- it's hilarious that people are still talking about the GB Micro. I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves it....

[quote name='1_blue_pixel']I think you mean posterity?

I love this thread-- it's hilarious that people are still talking about the GB Micro. I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves it....[/QUOTE]

Whoops :S thanks for that.

I personally own two GB Micros. I got them both on Ebay one for $50 and a sealed Famicon one for $95 with like 6 games (I cant remember them). I use it everywhere. They are great for Air travel. But like everyone has said faceplates are impossible to find.
I got lucky enough to find a generic clear faceplate once on Ebay and it cost me $15 dollars.

Just got another one! :D Traded another CAGer my MvC2(XBOX) for a complete in box black Micro(box in fair condition but Micro is flawless) with extra faceplates, 2 GBA Micro pouches, Zelda 4 Swords and Minish Cap(carts only) and a GBA carrying case(holds 3 carts).

[quote name='ducksoda7']Just got another one! :D Traded another CAGer my MvC2(XBOX) for a complete in box black Micro(box in fair condition but Micro is flawless) with extra faceplates, 2 GBA Micro pouches, Zelda 4 Swords and Minish Cap(carts only) and a GBA carrying case(holds 3 carts).[/QUOTE]

Nice score! I missed the mailman today. Micro denied.

In the span of one week I have gone from owning no GBA games, to acquiring:

Super Dodgeball Advance
Lunar Legend
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Shining Soul 2

I am still trying to locate a copy of Car Battler Joe.

[quote name='ducksoda7']Just got another one! :D Traded another CAGer my MvC2(XBOX) for a complete in box black Micro(box in fair condition but Micro is flawless) with extra faceplates, 2 GBA Micro pouches, Zelda 4 Swords and Minish Cap(carts only) and a GBA carrying case(holds 3 carts).[/QUOTE]
I'd say you won on that one. Considering MvC2 is available as an HD upgraded port...

[quote name='Rocky071']I'd say you won on that one. Considering MvC2 is available as an HD upgraded port...[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing - nothing wrong with MvC2, but you definitely got the better end of that deal.

Not trying to step on the Micro love, but should this thread be moved out of the deals forum? I've got no complaint if it stays put because hearing from people who love their Microsis always a treat... but there are probably some people who would prefer to see actual sales and tips for budget gaming instead of retro love-fests. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rocky071']I'd say you won on that one. Considering MvC2 is available as an HD upgraded port...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, especially considering:

1. The PSN/XBLA port lead to a price drop for the actual game.

2. The XBOX version isn't fully backwards compatible with the 360.

3. The one I traded was my second copy of MvC2 for the XBOX and the fifth
if you include my PS2, PS3 and DC versions. :)

bread's done
Back