Game buying habit

michaema

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I just recently bought a ps2 and have been buying a ton of games at unbelievable prices thanks to you CAGs but I havent had time to play any of them yet. Do any of you have a huge stack of unplayed PS2 games still sealed and new? Any tips for kicking the habit?

I don't have a stack of unplayed games, but I do have a bunch of games that have been played for a few minutes, then shelved. I've been trying to stop buying games by not visiting CAG as often, but CAG is like crack I tell ya. Probably during the past 2 months I've bought only one game, and to me that's an accomplishment.

[quote name='michaema']Do any of you have a huge stack of unplayed PS2 games still sealed and new? Any tips for kicking the habit?[/QUOTE]

Kind of. Do I have a mountain of PS2 (and other system) games unplayed? Oh hell yes. Are they still sealed? No. If I spend the time and money to buy something, I at least open it up to make sure the disc works even if I don't get to it for a few months.

lol same here too!! Stack of ps2 , gba, ds, xbox games that i still havent even opened yet . . . . sigh!! Maybe the day i retire ill get to play all the games i have lol!!!

Well, I can attest to the fact that CAG can be addicting. And you can save a bunch of money on your car insu... i mean games.

But you can always think to yourself that the cheapest alternative to buying games for cheap is to not buy them at all. Pretty much 100% savings.

You can also filter out which games before hand that you absolutely do not need. Because it's a bit of a waste to have a bunch of games that you're never going to play and that you purchased because they were cheaper. That's still money out your wallet.

In future purchases, really talk to yourself and see if the game is even worth your money, and even your time especially.

[quote name='michaema']The Good thing is we are getting great deals.
But are Going Broke Saving Money :)[/quote]sounds about right, i just bought like 6 new games in the past 3 days

Posting this exact topic is definitely the rite of passage to the CAG in Training. Yes my backlog is huge and yes when I first started coming here I would buy tons of $5 games I didn't really want. Now I know better and I only buy AAA games - that's more than enough to keep me busy. I don't feel like a CAG recently though - I've spent $975.16 in the last 4 days on video games. Yikes!

[quote name='javeryh']Posting this exact topic is definitely the rite of passage to the CAG in Training. Yes my backlog is huge and yes when I first started coming here I would buy tons of $5 games I didn't really want. Now I know better and I only buy AAA games - that's more than enough to keep me busy. I don't feel like a CAG recently though - I've spent $975.16 in the last 4 days on video games. Yikes![/quote]o_O holy..................

I have learned since then and now, I only own a few games for each system (the rest were sold).

A man with two watches can never tell the right time. A man with 10 video games does not know which one to play.

Now you know how your wife/gf can come home with $500 worth of clothes and shoes talkin bout how much money she just saved. ;)

Yeah, it's a rush sometimes... but hopefully you'll learn when you have a ton of mediocre titles and realize that you don't want to play them and would rather play the good stuff. You'll smart up eventually.

The one good thing about having a big backlog, at least initially, is you find out what kind of games you like and don't. I never really had many games growing up, because, well, my parents were cheap (I got it from them) too but they didn't know about the great deals you could get (not that there were many back in the day). But now having played a bunch of games on my XBox I got for cheap through CAG, I definately know what type of gamer I am and what games I like.

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']I don't have a stack of unplayed games, but I do have a bunch of games that have been played for a few minutes, then shelved. [/QUOTE]That's what I do. I probably have 50-100 games that I've done that to, out of my 633 video games. I do still have a goal of owning 200 PS2 games one day (I already own 194, so almost there). I probably have 300-400 games I haven't beaten or completely finished though.

I try to buy only the decent (ish..) games. I'm up to 115 on XBox, so there's not too many more that I actually want (or games that I want that I can't find cheap).

Dont get me wrong i have a lot of titles, but i dont just buy them cause their cheap but because they good reviews with lots of positive feedback and their CHEAP. I do however have several crappy games cause i got sucked into the hype of one of those fry's deals for a console plus 10 games, but I was able to exchange some for pretty good games ;)

Before i got my playstation 2 i was exclusively PC Gamer playing only FPS and I mean a lot of FPS, IMO those types of games arent as fun or easy to play on a console because of the reduced graphics and limited controls (wsad rock). Now that i have a console i get to experience all the hype and discover what other games interest me. I just have to find the time to play them all, maybe if i get fired :)

bread's done
Back