Game cases w/ reversable artwork

peteloaf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Something I discovered recently, the cover on Magna Carta & SMT: Digital Devil Saga are reversable. Does anybody know of any other games with reversable artwork?

I think I mentioned this in the XBox forum, I didn't know PS2 games had them too.

The only one on XBox that comes to mind is MotoGP. It's a good idea, more companies should start doing it.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I own this game but BMX XXX for Xbox (that's a lot of x's) has reversable artwork. I just started checking my games and I found that...

I think there was a thread a while back that had quite a few games in it that were reversible...if you can find it!

GTA: LCS, Hot Shots Golf (kind of), and Metal Gear Acid all have the reversable artwork. I'm guessing this has a lot to do with the PSP games having clear cases though.

There is also PS2's Ghost in the Shell:SAC. All of the others that came to mind have already been mentioned.

[quote name='radjago']I want to say New Legends for Xbox had this, but I can't be for sure.[/QUOTE]

Yes it does, I can't find the old thread for nothing. The reversible artwork is always a nice surprise.

[quote name='radjago']I want to say New Legends for Xbox had this, but I can't be for sure.[/QUOTE]

I can remember thinking of how weird this was a year ago when I traded it in. Although, I just let it slide thinking that it was some sort of mistake. I'll have to check out my other games to see if this is on any others.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Just checked all my current gen console games, and ... Jak 2 has a map on the back. Nothing else to report.[/QUOTE]

That's the one I was going to mention. Seemed a little strange to put a map there, but I guess you could flip it around and use it that way...

It would be cool if this became more common. It's sort of like how some CDs would have just plain black lettering for the artist and track names whereas some other companies put graphics on the disc. Unless you did research there's really no way to know what you'd get there until buying the disc and opening it up, and early on almost everything was plain IIRC. I don't buy many CDs now but I'm guessing most major releases have a graphic on the disc these days.

I think that it would be awesome if Sony made all the GH packaging reversible. So when you buy it the GH side is visible so you know that it's a $19.99 title. But once you open it, you can reverse the insert so it matches the rest of your collection.

[quote name='MadFlava']I think that it would be awesome if Sony made all the GH packaging reversible. So when you buy it the GH side is visible so you know that it's a $19.99 title. But once you open it, you can reverse the insert so it matches the rest of your collection.[/QUOTE]

Damn that is an awesome idea. Don't ever see it happening though. They have no incentive to do that.

[quote name='MadFlava']I think that it would be awesome if Sony made all the GH packaging reversible. So when you buy it the GH side is visible so you know that it's a $19.99 title. But once you open it, you can reverse the insert so it matches the rest of your collection.[/QUOTE]

Pop'n Music 10 "Greatest Hit" has reversable artwork, makes it look just like the original, minus a small red circle on it's spine, it's perfect. It's Japan only, but I wish USA, hell everyone had GH's similar to that. On a side note, Japan games are sealed so well...just pull the cord and it opens. :D

Neo Contra is reversable, but it's boring. It's just the cover artwork stretched out.

What about alternative artwork. I remember a while ago that EGM or some gaming mag had alternative inserts packaged with the mag. Anyone know of any websites or anything that might have some printable versions of stuff like this? I remember liking some of packaged alternatives but not wanting to buy the mag just for that.

edit:
And there's an active thread talking about exactly that... sorry.

[quote name='peteloaf']I'm embarrassed to admit that I own this game but BMX XXX for Xbox (that's a lot of x's) has reversable artwork. I just started checking my games and I found that...[/QUOTE]

i went to check my GC version of BMX XXX. It does have reversable pic. its a picture of the back of the stripper sitting on the bike. didnt notice that until now.

bread's done
Back