Game Crazy - 2 Used Games $4.99 and under for $5 (Ends 3/8)

safire

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
From website:

2 for $5 Games Priced $4.99 or less!*Offer good through 3/8/09. Not valid with any other offers, including MVP.

Non-Old Sports Games found for $4.99 (or less):

Xbox-

Armed and Dangerous
Beyond Good and Evil
Classified
Indigo Prophecy
Kung Fu Chaos
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Music Mixer
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Shenmue 2
SVC Chaos
XIII

PS2-

Ape Escape (2, Pump and Primed)
Aqua Aqua
Deux Ex
Ecco The Dolphin
Maximo Ghosts to Glory
Onimusha 2
Rise of the Kasai
Soccer Mania
Viewtiful Joe

GC-
007: Everything or Nothing
Dragonball Z Budokai
Metroid Prime
Soccer Slam
Ty 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in December I got a ton with a Four for $10 sale at a GameCrazy north of Chicago. Got some stuff to play, some stuff to flip, some stuff to collect.

Do all GameCrazy stores do the same sales and promotions at the same time?

[quote name='safire']First time at Game Crazy today, I noticed they had signs behind the desk for 2 Used Games $4.99 and under for $5. The clerk said the deal would be starting this Monday, February 9. This would apply mostly to old sports games and other old crap, but there are some good games to be found. For instance I picked up Prince of Persia SOT, SVC Chaos, and Indigo Prophecy all for $10 today (under their (standard?) 3 for $10 deal).[/quote]

So i take it this deal wont apply on Xbox 360 games... because there are hardly any 5 dollar games for it...unless its Madden...06

I went there the other day and they had B2G1 on GBA games $4.99 and under. come to think of it, that's probably thread worthy. There wasn't any signage or anything, an employee had to tell me. Got Double Dragon Advance, River City Ransom, and Gunstar Super Heroes. :)

Just wanted to update as I see this on their website promotions page, so it's chain wide. Happy hunting.

Post found gems. Games I found that qualify:

Xbox-
Shenmue 2
Indigo Prophecy
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
SVC Chaos

PS2-
Deus Ex

The vast majority of XBox games are now $4.99.. decent stuff, too. This stuff is priced to move. Most of the $4.99 games don't have a trade-in value, so once they're gone, they're gone.

And yes, 360 games apply, so long as they're $4.99. I don't think there's any non-sports games that are $4.99 though.. PGR3 might be, but I think it's still at $7.99.

Crap...is Game Crazy a division of Hollywood Video or Blockbuster? I always get the two mixed.

EDIT: Nevermind, answered my own question. Now what I need to know is will plain Hollywood stores have this sale as well? :twisted:

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Crap...is Game Crazy a division of Hollywood Video or Blockbuster? I always get the two mixed.

EDIT: Nevermind, answered my own question. Now what I need to know is will plain Hollywood stores have this sale as well? :twisted:[/quote]
there's still hollywood video stores?

Dang I just bought a Dino Stalker the other day, I might get a few 2k6 360 games to boost my gamer score. I think NBA was the only one they had complete though.

Nice there is a game crazy near my college! Might score me some camecube or some xbox games. Thanks

No game crazy here, they should extend some sort internet sales.
iy.gif

iy.gif

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Crap...is Game Crazy a division of Hollywood Video or Blockbuster? I always get the two mixed.

EDIT: Nevermind, answered my own question. Now what I need to know is will plain Hollywood stores have this sale as well? :twisted:[/quote]

The Hollywood Video stores are having a 3 for $15 promo for used games $7.99 or less.

Picked up

Soccer Mania :ps2:
Classified :xbox:

Ty 2 :gc:
007 Everything or Nothing :gc:

A couple of the cases seen better days, but the discs were pretty nice. Also picked up :gc: Spartan Total Warrior for 11.69. Thought I snagged a great deal, but the Ebay value isn't much higher. Oh well, I loved the demo and never bought it after all these years.

Thanks OP! I'm going to look in all of my Game Crazy stores. 2.50 is a good price point if your store has a decent selection.

I strongly suggest anyone who hasn't given it a chance try Indigo Prophecy. It's in no way my general type of game (since, uh, I don't get to kill enough stuff), but it was a great experience. However, I also strongly suggest stopping 95% of the way through... it's a shame an amazing story leads to three different crappy endings.

I would take advantage of this for some of the PS2 games, but there are (literally- I counted) 20 GameStops/EBs closer to me than the nearest Game Crazy.

A few notes from my experiences. They often have games not out on display, so if there's something you suspect may qualify but you don't see it on the floor, ask for it. Those likely won't come with original case and booklet, which I found to be the case (no pun intended) with most of the games period.

For those xbox live players, I suggest looking for the online leaning games (if you find them on display with original cases). A lot of the ones I found had 2-month xbox live cards in them, and $2.50 for XIII and 2 months of xbox live turns into quite a deal. Other games you may want to try are the Rainbow 6 series.

Lastly, the marked prices at my store were mostly wrong for the Xbox games. Titles marked at 7.99 tended to ring up at 4.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='safire']A few notes from my experiences. They often have games not out on display, so if there's something you suspect may qualify but you don't see it on the floor, ask for it. Those likely won't come with original case and booklet, which I found to be the case (no pun intended) with most of the games period.

For those xbox live players, I suggest looking for the online leaning games (if you find them on display with original cases). A lot of the ones I found had 2-month xbox live cards in them, and $2.50 for XIII and 2 months of xbox live turns into quite a deal. Other games you may want to try are the Rainbow 6 series.

Lastly, the marked prices at my store were mostly wrong for the Xbox games. Titles marked at 7.99 tended to ring up at 4.99.[/QUOTE]
Do the two months stack on current subs?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Do the two months stack on current subs?[/quote]

[quote name='manthing']I believe they are for new Live IDs only[/quote]

Can you tell me more about how to make these work on 360? I have some codes I would like to trade, so it would help if I knew more about how to set this up.

PM me, or reply here, but I don't want to hi-jack the thread too much...

[quote name='kicking222']I strongly suggest anyone who hasn't given it a chance try Indigo Prophecy. It's in no way my general type of game (since, uh, I don't get to kill enough stuff), but it was a great experience. However, I also strongly suggest stopping 95% of the way through... it's a shame an amazing story leads to three different crappy endings.
[/quote]

It's an awesome game, especially if you like games like Shenmue (which I won multiple times on every console it was released on)

[quote name='manthing']I believe they are for new Live IDs only[/quote]

You may be right. The one I tried to put in I kept getting "code not valid," but am unsure because the numbers are so blurry there are about 4 or so places I could have made a mistake. If someone else could confirm or refute this...

I visited another Game Crazy tonight, and this deal is still rolling, and still fruiftful. Picked up the following, each $2.50:

Xbox -
Beyond Good and Evil
Shenmue 2
GC-
Dragonball Z Budokai
PS2-
Rise of the Kasai

I already have BGE for PS2, but I couldn't pass another copy for $2.50. Thread updated.

bread's done
Back