Game Crazy 360 Price Cut Deals Extra $15 for XBOX System & 30% More Credit for Games

Game Crazy is running a promotion where you get $15 more when you trade in your original XBOX toward the purchase of a new or used XBOX 360.

Also, you get 30% more trade-in credit when trading in any three xbox, x360, ps3, psp, wii or DS games toward the purchase of a new 360 console, game or accessory.

I found the deal on Google's new Lounge, their attempt at Second Life. Here's the link to the GameCrazy store locator (since you can't trade in games online):
http://www.gamecrazy.com/storelocator/mappoint.aspx#startaddress

This is my first post, so any advice is more the welcome!! ;)

i wonder how much that puts the value of the original xbox up to.. mine is just sitting around collecting dust :whistle2:\

[quote name='SuperMetroidAwesome']
Also, you get 30% more trade-in credit when trading in any three xbox, x360, ps3, psp, wii or DS games toward the purchase of a new 360 console, game or accessory.
[/quote]

Wait.. they match TIV correct?

[quote name='Guerrilla']Wait.. they match TIV correct?[/quote]
Thats YMMV, 2 months ago I asked 2 GCs i went to and they wouldn't match BBV...

Game Crazy matches TIV's if they can call a competitor (like Game Stop) and confirm, but they won't stack that with offers.

So, if they offer $20 and Game Stop offers $22, you should be able to get that $22, but if you bring in this 30% more coupon you'd get $26.00, not $28.60.

I went to a game crazy about 2 months ago and their trade-in values were absolutely horrible. I was so dissappointed. I took a long trip first of all just to get to one and couldn't believe how little they were giving. So that 30% more don't add up to jack. You'd be better off taking advantage of the Gamestop trade-in promotion they have going on until 7/20

[quote name='ricoraney']I went to a game crazy about 2 months ago and their trade-in values were absolutely horrible. I was so dissappointed. I took a long trip first of all just to get to one and couldn't believe how little they were giving. So that 30% more don't add up to jack. You'd be better off taking advantage of the Gamestop trade-in promotion they have going on until 7/20[/quote]

maybe your store had a lot of whatever you were trading in. If a store has too many of an item the trade value dips until some sell.
I added a custs trade value today for 3 360 games and it came to $112.
Granted that was newer games but still

[quote name='Guerrilla']Wait.. they match TIV correct?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you will not be able to get a price match and 30%.

This might be useful but I doubt it, at least for me.

So can anyone say how much an Xbox is worth at Game Crazy? Must be really, really low (ie not worth it).

Edit: Saw that it was last checked to be around $20. Laughable.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Guy Legend']So can anyone say how much an Xbox is worth at Game Crazy? Must be really, really low (ie not worth it).

Edit: Saw that it was last checked to be around $20. Laughable.[/quote]

Gamestop, last I checked, gave $15. They sell it used for $59.99 now. How much were you expecting?

I added a custs trade value today for 3 360 games and it came to $112.

That's not possible. The highest some games go is $30, but even newer stuff isn't trading it at much ($25 for DBZ, for example). Even with 30%, unless there was some guitar hero junk involved, three games couldn't equal that much..

[quote name='Scorch']Gamestop, last I checked, gave $15. They sell it used for $59.99 now. How much were you expecting?[/quote]

Seriously. It's a dead system.

They don't have trade values posted anywhere, but here are the ones from the Game Crazy in store flyer (not sure if these have changed since we're in the middle of the month):

Lego Indiana Jones (Wii) - $20
Mario Kart (Wii) - $27.73
Grid (360) - $27.28
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) - $30
Battlefield - Bad Company (360) - $27.28
Grand Theft Auto IV (360) - $27.28

If the person above traded in MGS 4, Battlefield and GTA IV with the 30% trade bump that would come to almost $110.

Cool, I'm gonna stop by there in half hour or so and find out what my games are worth, see if the 30% makes them worth more than what Gamefly offers.

bread's done
Back