Game Crazy 360 Price Drops.

[quote name='mrblinG22']chromehounds seems good.

do people still play online?[/quote]

A good number were playing right after Christmas up until a few weeks ago, so much so that the online wars were turning over anywhere from 4 to 9 days or so. That tends to give you plenty of experience with lots of maps, more opportunities for your chosen nation to take it all, things like that.

Nowadays though...most people have stopped playing since other 360 games have come out. Other mech-heads are anticipating From Software's next big one, Armored Core 4, so they will be dropping soon if not already. And the big kicker is the recent Chromehounds patch, which most long-time players are furious about since it basically broke the balance in the game, at least when playing other humans.

Simply put, you had a fairly even chance to destroy your human enemies before, even if they loaded up mechs with devastating weapons that seemed impossible to counter (well, unless you had some knowledge and some mech-building and piloting skills). Nowadays when you play against humans most of them will opt for insanely fast builds where they get extraordinary speeds and load up otherwise on shotguns for base rushes. If two or three of these Hounds hit your base there's little to no defense. You're done within 12 seconds, round over, whereas it used to take at least a good minute or more of solid pounding to take out a base and secure a win via that method.

...er, long story short, people still play but Chromehounds is all about the online play. Whether or not any of it remains intact after Armored Core 4 comes out is up in the air, though. It could really go either way. It's a decent game, it really is, and before the new patch it had a great deal of strategy and thinking associated with how you deploy and how you handle your tactics but as it is now...depends on your style of play, I think.

Almost time to (re)buy Splinter Cell, hopefully the Xbox version is priced the same if not (hopefully) lower.

As for Chromehounds, I owned it twice, tried online play a couple of times and got flat-out destroyed by the other players, fun times. Needless to say, I sold my copy (twice) and never returned.

[quote name='klyco']COD2 is 20, not 30 at GC.[/quote]

Ummm I did the price changes yesterday I'm positive it's 29.99. Right before xmas it was 17.99 used and 19.99 brand new. It later went back up to 34.99 used and 39.99 brand new. Now the used price dropped again but this time only 5 bucks.

bread's done
Back