Game Crazy Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off All Used Games! Starts 6/8 - 6/14

Knoxximus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
gc1u.jpg

gc2.jpg

'Nuff said! :cool:

oh and how many of you get them to stack these types things with MVP? I would love to call them out on it, b/c the employees always tell me "Promo's dont stack with MVP" I usually just say, "well they do at GS/EB..."

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']Im all in if this is legit. Anyone else hear about this?[/QUOTE]

Dude....I TOOK FREAKING PICTURES.:roll:

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']oh and how many of you get them to stack these types things with MVP? I would love to call them out on it, b/c the employees always tell me "Promo's dont stack with MVP" I usually just say, "well they do at GS/EB..."[/QUOTE]
The fine print in their ad always states that promos don't stack with MVP.

I was in my Gamestop last night. What's disappointing about this is that they had nothing I wanted except Star Wars Force Unleashed....maybe I'll get lucky next week, kinda' doubt it but it's worth a try...

Oh man, I should have waited. I just got Force Unleased yesterday too. I should have waited for this promo and got a second game for cheap.

Holy crap.. this has to be the first GC used game deal that's actually a good deal!:whistle2:O

Kinda lame how they push you to sign up for MVP and then don't let you stack it with these deals though.

I got a two-parter:

1) Will there be some sort of flyer advertising the deal?
2) Is it supposed to be nationwide?

I ask because my local GC NEVER seems to take part in the sales. Back when the B2G1 on all portable games was going on they didn't recognize it, and their flyer didn't have anything about it either. I'm willing to bet they won't know about this one either(hopefully they already do!) so I'm trying to see if there's something I can take to show and possibly convince them just in case they don't.

Yes, it's legit. They posted a memo on our intranet earlier this week but it was quickly taken down. I didn't post it because I didn't know if it was going to be legit.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']oh and how many of you get them to stack these types things with MVP? I would love to call them out on it, b/c the employees always tell me "Promo's dont stack with MVP" I usually just say, "well they do at GS/EB..."[/QUOTE]

MVP doesn't stack. We don't care what GS/EB does because we aren't GS/EB.

Also, this week for MVP members, there's 20% more for trades and 20% off of used games.. but the employee needs to be aware, so intelligence YMMV

I got a two-parter:

1) Will there be some sort of flyer advertising the deal?
2) Is it supposed to be nationwide?

I ask because my local GC NEVER seems to take part in the sales. Back when the B2G1 on all portable games was going on they didn't recognize it, and their flyer didn't have anything about it either. I'm willing to bet they won't know about this one either(hopefully they already do!) so I'm trying to see if there's something I can take to show and possibly convince them just in case they don't.

1.) just the ones in the OP. They should be placed around the store.
2.) Yes.
3.) Call 1-877-325-8687 if they say they're not participating. This is the customer complaint line. Mention that you're calling about a GC store and give your city/state and tell them they're not honoring their own promotions.

[quote name='perdition(troy']crappy deal. at most you save what, 25? that ends up being 12 off per game if you get two $50 used games. meh. maybe im just to much of a cheap ass.[/QUOTE]

Yeah 2 copies of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (360 or PS3) for $19.49* + tax would suck.

* - assuming the price does not go up before the sale starts.

Very excited about this sale, and a note to anyone worried that their Gamecrazy is going to do the whole "We aren't participating", I like to print out a copy of the flyer. I usually do it at Best Buy or the Library because it takes up so much ink, but you get the idea.

No GC stores near me, but looking at the website, it looks like there are some Hollywood Video stores nearby.

Do the HV stores sell games as well? If so, would they be participating in this deal also?

[quote name='sfree79']Yes. Game Crazy is Hollywood Video.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']This is pretty much buy two get one free if you do it twice. Still a nice deal though if you only want two.[/QUOTE]

MATH FAIL. It's buy 3 get 1 free

[quote name='postermen']MATH FAIL. It's buy 3 get 1 free[/QUOTE]

MATH FAIL! I buy one I get half of one. I buy 2, those 2 halves combine in to a whole. B2G1.

Oh, and it's a double fail becuase you proclamation of fail was fail.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']MATH FAIL! I buy one I get half of one. I buy 2, those 2 halves combine in to a whole. B2G1.

Oh, and it's a double fail becuase you proclamation of fail was fail.[/QUOTE]

Wow, a lot of people have to go to remedial math again (and English too). If you want to call someone out, make sure you break out your calculator first. lol

The offer is buy one, get one 1/2 off. So you are essentially paying for 1.5 games and getting two games.

So, if you want to round up and think of getting "one game for free" concept, you have to buy 3 whole games to get that magical one game for free.

[quote name='iroute']Wow, a lot of people have to go to remedial math again (and English too). If you want to call someone out, make sure you break out your calculator first. lol

The offer is buy one, get one 1/2 off. So you are essentially paying for 1.5 games and getting two games.

So, if you want to round up and think of getting "one game for free" concept, you have to buy 3 whole games to get that magical one game for free.[/QUOTE]

http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/fall+on+your+sword.html

I have been shown who is the boss. I must now fall on my sword to accept this total fail.

[quote name='iroute']Wow, a lot of people have to go to remedial math again (and English too). If you want to call someone out, make sure you break out your calculator first. lol

So, if you want to round up and think of getting "one game for free" concept, you have to buy 3 whole games to get that magical one game for free.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm just going to buy the half games then. I hope I get the half with the ending on it. I'd have to buy 4 half games to get 2 free half games which would be buy 2 whole games get 1 whole game free, right? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shoe478']Well I'm just going to buy the half games then. I hope I get the half with the ending on it. I'd have to buy 4 half games to get 2 free half games which would be buy 2 whole games get 1 whole game free, right?[/QUOTE]

Don't count it in games, that's what confuses you. You have to count it in money.

B2G1 = $60+$60+$60+$60+$60+$60 games = $240 (Discounted the third and 6th) = 6 games
B1G1H = $60+$60 = $90 + $60+$60 = $90 + $60+$60 = $90 = $270 = 6 games

It's a small amount but a B2G1 is still advantageous when buying in bulk.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Don't count it in games, that's what confuses you. You have to count it in money.

B2G1 = $60+$60+$60+$60+$60+$60 games = $240 (Discounted the third and 6th) = 6 games
B1G1H = $60+$60 = $90 + $60+$60 = $90 + $60+$60 = $90 = $270 = 6 games

It's a small amount but a B2G1 is still advantageous when buying in bulk.[/QUOTE]

Oops, I forgot to put the :D in my post to show that it was a joke.

[quote name='shoe478']Oops, I forgot to put the :D in my post to show that it was a joke.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I caught the joke with the "I hope I get the half with the ending" but I thought you were serious otherwise.

Man, this thread is making me look soooo stupid.

[quote name='bgnatedg']Just went to my local Game Crazy (6/8/09 11AM), and was told this deal does not exist...[/QUOTE]

I went this weekend and I did not see any signs advertising the sale nor did I see the two games I want, so I did not bother asking.

Not sure if there's anything I want enough to pay cash for. Still, I'll probably stop by & take a look. Thanks for posting OP.

And the pic reminds me that Ghostbusters comes out soon. I need to get to GS & cancel my preorder.

Thanks OP, I hope they have Rock Band 2 for 360 since that is what I am going for but I will probably pick up a few other things thanks to this deal.

I find that calling is useless since there is a 60% chance the person who answers the phone will put me on hold forever, good old Los Angeles store. lol.

I used to work at Game Crazy and let me be the first to tell you.... that place SUCKS!!!! EVERYTHING there is performance based. How much you sell, how much you attach, how many MVPS, Gameguards, Preorders, and Service Contracts you sell determines if you keep your job. (it didnt help when my manager logged me off midsale and stole my transactions)

My manager was gay, and hired his boyfriend, which first off is against policy to hire a family member or anyone you live with. And of course, all the hours went to him even though he didnt show up for work and performed the lowest in the store. I could go on and on about the management and how horrible GC in general is run, but I dont feel like typin a 6 page essay. Sorry I just wanted to vent about that.

But as far as employees knowing the deals, NOBODY does. Management and DM's are terrible as they never help. Flyers always came, for us anyways, midweek after sales have already been going on so we had no idea.

But if you REALLY want to piss of a GC employee and are planning on buying random things anyways, do a bunch of small transactions back to back with no GG, PO, MVP, ANYTHING!!! That will fuck them over so bad and they will get extremely pissed.... trust me

Too bad no one trades in games at Gamecrazy. All the selections around here are crap. Pretty lame it doesn't stack with MVP either. I'll check the places out and see what they got but I'm not expecting much.

[quote name='Blackout']Too bad no one trades in games at Gamecrazy. All the selections around here are crap. Pretty lame it doesn't stack with MVP either. I'll check the places out and see what they got but I'm not expecting much.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU. For years I have been saying what crappy TIV's GC has. I never trade there.. GS/EB FTW

The problem with GC is their training is just bad. The information within the company as far as promotions is all there, the problem is the communication is poorly delivered, and a lot of store managers and quite frankly inept, hire bad people, their friends, and are kept in place by bad DMs.

However, if you get a store which knows what they are SUPPOSED to do (i.e. honor the highest trade price guarantee, its a company policy if you find a competitive TIV which is higher GC will match and beat it by 5%), if they actually merchandise and price effectively (update the daily price changes, for the love of god they are on the printer daily), and actually tell the customer about current promotions, you can find rather good stores. The company does price match too.

I actively tell any customer coming into my store not only about current promotions but upcoming promotions, and honestly if your GC in your area sucks, please call the customer support number 1-8SPEAK-TO-US. It does get back to DMs, RMs and people will be replaced. In my own district I've seen a large turnover and quite frankly it's for the better.

Unfortunately the company is very subject to cronyism from what I've seen, but on the same token I've seen some very good managers who actively try to make the store a viable alternative to GS. I started shopping there because the GS in my area were terrible, the employees just sat around bitching about how terrible their jobs were so I worked for GC because the manager there was a good guy. I still shop my competitors and my store does in fact have great prices on used games, great prices on new games and accessories, used systems are about the same (except DS lites are the only one cheaper that I've found).

Just my own experience with the company when I started as a lowly grunt my store sucked, it was a mess, improperly priced, no one knew the promotions or enforced them. A year later, everyone coming through my door knows what they can get deals on, gets the right discounts, and if its not in my store, I will get it from another one. If you go into a GC and ask for a game that they don't end up having in stock and they won't check the onhands to see where the closest store has it, call that number. The tools exist in the company for it to be a good shopping experience, so call them out on it.

[quote name='Faulkjr22']I used to work at Game Crazy and let me be the first to tell you.... that place SUCKS!!!! EVERYTHING there is performance based. How much you sell, how much you attach, how many MVPS, Gameguards, Preorders, and Service Contracts you sell determines if you keep your job.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I'm pretty sure if they could monitor the footsteps you take around the store, they would, then tell you that your footsteps and spacing between your steps are below the company's average.

I went in today paid 10 for that MVP membership and got Bioshock and the Orange box for 40 bucks and the guy gave me half off the costly item which was awesome.

Then I went to another one and got Infamous and Mirrors Edge for 60 bucks. Not bad :)

Every time these Game Crazy deal threads come up, I always see so much hate. I never understood all of the hate since the three Game Crazy's in my area were all great, even before I started to work at one of them.

That was until I transferred to a new college and saw the Game Crazy in that area. The store had a mix between slim cases and normal cases. Half of the lithos were hand written. The store looked like complete trash. The employees seemed cool, but it was honestly poorly managed. I can see why some people never liked Game Crazy and how bad it can actually be.

Now I'll go back to my store and the other two in my area. We always keep up representation, we're always aware of promotions, and for the most part, all of the employees in the area have at least decent knowledge. I can definitely say that we have pretty good competition with Game Stop, especially for being a company that has little to no advertising, has a worthless website, and relies on Hollywood Video for a portion of its traffic.

Sadly, Game Crazy is so heavily performance based that the things that are really important seem to fade away. That tends to make most employees shy away from helping the customer in fear of a lower ranking, a weekly harassment of the DM, and possibly losing their job. I miss the days where I could actually help customers and I didn't have to stress over customers who wanted to buy just a PS2 or Xbox 360 with nothing else because they needed a replacement.

bread's done
Back