Game Crazy Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off All Used Games! Starts 6/8 - 6/14

Knoxximus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
gc1u.jpg

gc2.jpg

'Nuff said! :cool:

[quote name='Starfox64']I went in today paid 10 for that MVP membership and got Bioshock and the Orange box for 40 bucks and the guy gave me half off the costly item which was awesome.

Then I went to another one and got Infamous and Mirrors Edge for 60 bucks. Not bad :)[/QUOTE]

All for PS3? I heard Bioshock went down to $9.97 at Sears.

[quote name='cdul']Every time these Game Crazy deal threads come up, I always see so much hate. I never understood all of the hate since the three Game Crazy's in my area were all great, even before I started to work at one of them.

That was until I transferred to a new college and saw the Game Crazy in that area. The store had a mix between slim cases and normal cases. Half of the lithos were hand written. The store looked like complete trash. The employees seemed cool, but it was honestly poorly managed. I can see why some people never liked Game Crazy and how bad it can actually be.

Now I'll go back to my store and the other two in my area. We always keep up representation, we're always aware of promotions, and for the most part, all of the employees in the area have at least decent knowledge. I can definitely say that we have pretty good competition with Game Stop, especially for being a company that has little to no advertising, has a worthless website, and relies on Hollywood Video for a portion of its traffic.

Sadly, Game Crazy is so heavily performance based that the things that are really important seem to fade away. That tends to make most employees shy away from helping the customer in fear of a lower ranking, a weekly harassment of the DM, and possibly losing their job. I miss the days where I could actually help customers and I didn't have to stress over customers who wanted to buy just a PS2 or Xbox 360 with nothing else because they needed a replacement.[/QUOTE]

This is soooo true which I can vouch for...it happened to me. Damn productivity numbers......

It's insane

yep all for ps3. Bioshock is 9.97 at Sears? Nooooo! Hahah oh well i got for like 12 at game crazy. The dude gave me half of bioshock which cost more so that was nice of him :)

[quote name='Starfox64']yep all for ps3. Bioshock is 9.97 at Sears? Nooooo! Hahah oh well i got for like 12 at game crazy. The dude gave me half of bioshock which cost more so that was nice of him :)[/QUOTE]

$14.97 still at the last Sears I found it at, and I'm pretty sure that was after the June drops.

[quote name='Scorch']

MVP doesn't stack. We don't care what GS/EB does because we aren't GS/EB.

[/QUOTE]

Well, considering how successful and profitable GameStop is, maybe your company should care. You guys could get a hell of a lot more business just from the people who hate GS alone, if you were more competitive.

Thanks for the phone number though. There are only two GC stores near me and they never have matching promotions.

"MVP doesn't stack. We don't care what GS/EB does because we aren't GS/EB."
[quote name='mogamer']Well, considering how successful and profitable GameStop is, maybe your company should care. You guys could get a hell of a lot more business just from the people who hate GS alone, if you were more competitive.
[/QUOTE]

hahaha good call. I wanted to reply to this thread just for that post alone. I loved how offended Scorch's post was at the mere mention of the fact that GS stacks EDGE with promos - if that isn't just the perfect example of GC hubris. It's fine that you don't do what your competitors do, but it's also perfectly legitimate for a customer to mention it because it is a fair question. I've never had a good experience at GC because of this kind of crap. Someone there inevitably tries to make me feel bad for asking a legitimate question. It's like I'm bothering them and then they have the gall to try and sell me MVP and other crap I don't want afterwards.

manlai, the biggest reason I bring up stacking with the MVP card is because I only buy used games during promtions. So the Edge Card is one the Most Valuable Pieces of equipment I use for game buying. I'm sure there are plenty of other CAGers that feel the same way. I would buy a MVP card and give Game Crazy much more business if their card worked the same way.

I shop everywhere and I really get the feeling that Hollywood/Game Crazy and Blockbuster/Gamerush are competing with each other and trying to avoid directly competing with the 800 lb gorilla (GS). I guess these guys want to be the big fish in the ever shrinking pond (b&m movie rental business).

this may be a little OT but i think those who hate Gamestop are just paranoid. Gamecrazy does the same practices that GS/EB does. Gutting Games, same TIVs for games without cases and manuals, pushing you to preorder. Thats just business.

Gamecrazy just plain has a hard time competing since they cant/wont offer the same promos and values that GS does. Although I have to say I have found many rare games at GC/HV for cheap. But I nearly refuse to trade in there, unless I am low on cash and dont have any other way to get the games i want that are there

oh yeah but needless to say, unless youre a CAGer and watch what you do and keep up with the promos, BOTH will rip you a new one :) but not us, we rip THEM a new one

Yeah, I just saw that going around to various GCs after not going for a while. Gutted copies too. That's disappointing.

Anyhow, one of the managers I talked with told me that they're going to ramp up the special deals for MVP holders. I hope that's the case because IMHO, GC doesn't have enough deals going on to compete with GS on a weekly basis. Yeah, they occasionally have worthy deals but not often enough.

Plus MVP doesn't stack...LOL.

This is a national wide sale ending on 6/14, if your local Game Crazy store doesn't provide it for you then please do call the above hotline.

Additionally, Game Crazy does often provide better promotions than Game Stop (of course not always, but often), such as their DS to DSi trade-up offer a few months back ($90 GC vs $70 GS) among others, but unfortunately due to the points listed above sometimes customers are not aware of their promos. There is an e-mail blast you can sign up for if you're into getting those and indeed GC has been offering MVP only promotions, with more to come.

Hope that helps!

I will head to my gamecrazy and see what they have. They usually have a good choice with newly released used games, for example having Killzone 2 the week it came out. Maybe I will pick up some new games, like Infamous, or maybe go for older games.

bread's done
Back