Game Crazy Buy 2 get 1 free on PS2, Xbox and Gamecube games

What sucks about GameCrazy to me is you have to go in there and look at a grab bag of stuff. With Gamestop, I can go to the website and plan out trips.

[quote name='tripredicus']Good luck finding anything worthwhile that's not scratched to hell.[/quote]
What are you talking about? My Gamecrazy cleans any discs that look unplayable.

Yeah, if anything Gamecrazy is the preferred place to shop. They've never turned me down on buffing a disc for free that I want to buy from them. You won't get that at Gamestop, well, not in the store at least.

[quote name='Xerxes']What sucks about GameCrazy to me is you have to go in there and look at a grab bag of stuff. With Gamestop, I can go to the website and plan out trips.[/quote]

I usually have a 50% chance with any of the gamestops near me, the site is never quite up to speed with their physical stores.

[quote name='Xerxes']What sucks about GameCrazy to me is you have to go in there and look at a grab bag of stuff. With Gamestop, I can go to the website and plan out trips.[/QUOTE]

Other than the fact that they have very few games to begin with, this is my biggest quarrel with GC.

I kinda want to check this out though seeing as how GS isn't putting out any good coupons as of late.

Despite all the complaints with Gamestop, from my experiences, they are a much better run company. I first must admit that all my local GC's are attached to Hollywood Videos. But they have far more games than they have room to display in that tiny space, and there's no way of knowing what they have in stock, compared to GS's website. I asked a GC employee once if I could ask if they had a couple games and he said, literally, "are you gonna ask me like 10 games?" Like, if I was more interested in buying MORE games, he would be less inclined to help me. I guess corporate doesn't show them Glenngarry Glenn Ross.

Yeah it's always a crap shoot at GC. At least at GS you kind of know what they're going to have. Plus they're practically everywhere, unlike the five GC's still in existence.

GC's prices are usually a dollar or two cheaper than GS prices. The problem woth GC is not enough selection of games and lack of b&m stores. Luckily for me, there's a GC and GS within a one mile radius of my house.

[quote name='Doomtime']Game crazy usually doesn't have complete versions of games. I may skip this.[/quote]

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Seems most of the games I'm seeing lately are old ex-rentals from HWV/MG.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']What are you talking about? My Gamecrazy cleans any discs that look unplayable. [/quote]

Not all GC stores are like that. There are a few in my area won't even bother to resurface scratched games(apparently, some of the stores are waiting on more the resurfacing paste or whatever to be ordered) and wait for the game to be returned as defective.

Alright let me be fair to GC here. Stuff I have gotten there:

complete Eternal Darkness $9.99 ($18 at GS)
complete Amplitude $7.99 *$10 at GS I think, and tough to find)
disc only Ico $7.99 ($20 at GS)

I'm curious how much We Love Katamari and Gitaroo Man are if I could find them (or if not); they are $25 and $20 respectively as well as difficult to find.

I used to be into GC when they had 'classics' and classic plastic, etc. Then they dc'd that stuff and closed a bunch of locations. Now the few that I have here in Chicagoland are inconsistent at best, as far as quality of service (even the basics), quality of used game stock, and quality of the store (organization and orderlyness). I may try to check one out, but it's clear that many Gamestops are 'better' stores.

bread's done
Back