Game Crazy---- Classic Plastic going to 2 for $5.00 soon!

ctice44

CAGiversary!
This deal isn't happening right now.....but keep your eyes peeled. We just got the signs in today! ALL CLASSIC PLASTIC is going to 2 for $5.00. For those of you that don't know what is included in "classic plastic" it is: NES, SNES, N64, GEN, Dreamcast, GB, GBC, and PS1. Also, it makes no different what the sticker price is...it qualifies for the sale.
Right now the classic plastic is 3 for $10....and, like I said earlier, I have no idea when it is suppose to change over...but it is soon since we just got the signs.
Trust me, as soon as I hear something I will keep you all updated.

Edit: I just got back and the 2 for $5 is going on NOW!!

The hotmails aren't printing right now so our DM had to deliver our bar codes to scan. The code is "CGCC2FOR5".....enjoy!!!

Awesome, looks like this is the breaking point for me to cave in on several games I've been eyeing at my game crazy. Thanks op

I think I'll stock up NOW since the 2 for $5 deal will mean squat to me since only sports will be left... the $0.83 difference means that someone else will get it to before me, so I'll bite the small difference and take what I want. There's someone else in the area whom I don't know; all the good games disappear each time a GC deal is announced.

When it was 3 for $15, I think I ended up spending over $250 on games for all the systems... at least I was able to get a lot of gems! Now it's getting tougher and tougher to find anything worth paying $3.33 for when you need to get three of them. Maybe finding two of them will be easier, and $2.50 will be easier to swallow as well. Thanks for the heads up. My checking account hates you.

WOW

Time to get some dreamcast games...and maybe buy a nintendo 64?

Does anyone know how much a Nintendo 64 costs at gamecrazy?

Freakin' sweet. We still get tons of trades. In the past week, Super Mario All Stars, Donkey Kong Country, Final Fantasy Chronicles, and Final Fantasy Anthology were all traded in.. can't wait to see what comes in this week!

nice.. gonna have to look at the PS1 stock for ripping to PSP.

My GC has had the same CP for a while now..I did pick up a few here and there but there hasnt been anything good. Too bad though..Maybe they'll restock.:cry:

just want to report that th gamecrazy here in elkhart indiana has started the classic plastic 2 for $5 today.i picked up some ps1 and dreamcast games i been lookin at:
alundra 2(complete)
blaster master blasting again(complete)
virtua on(complete)
evolution(complete)
evolution 2(complete)
timestalkers(disc)
not bad for $15 and tax

Boo lower and lower it goes. Gamecrazy still remains a good source for retro games for me. For some reason people keep trading them in despite the piss poor value. Thanks for the heads up, OP

[quote name='Scorch']Freakin' sweet. We still get tons of trades. In the past week, Super Mario All Stars, Donkey Kong Country, Final Fantasy Chronicles, and Final Fantasy Anthology were all traded in.. can't wait to see what comes in this week![/QUOTE]
What in the world is the trade in value for older games when they cost 3.33?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']What in the world is the trade in value for older games when they cost 3.33?[/quote]

Usually piss poor. I know pokemon stadium 2 was trading in for 3.00. So they made a whopping 33 cents profit when I picked it up. That's one of the more expensive games they offer so I can't imagine them going above 3.00 a game

Just got back from my local Gamecrazy and he said it isn't supposed to start till the 18th, but like always im sure people roll it out early ^_^

He asked me how I knew about it. hehe

[quote name='quadomatic']WOW

Time to get some dreamcast games...and maybe buy a nintendo 64?

Does anyone know how much a Nintendo 64 costs at gamecrazy?[/quote]

last i saw they sold at $35... dunno what it includes though (controllers, cables, expansion pack???)

cool, sounds like a good going away gift for myself as I move from CT to GA in August and the closest one down to where I'll be, which I will make a trip up to at some point, is in Tennessee.

I'll have to check this out later, last time I went they acutally did restock on ps1 games, the guy let me look at the box but it was 99% sports, maybe a few titles like Fighting Force or Tomb Raider that stuck out. All from another store that dumped it on them though. I'll havent been to my local GC in a while, maybe they've restocked again :)

bad thing is i would have to go buy a new Gba system just to play the gameboy games on them since the DS wont play them

though last i looked they would have some nice ones to trade

they had all the final fantasy and all the dragon warrior games on the Gameboy

My local store had gotten the signs in but they didn't know the coupon code. We tried the OP's code but it was a no go. Oh well! I ended up picking up 3 titles anyway though. Pokemon gold, pokemon silver, and street fighter II for SNES (complete!).

Was at a Game Crazy today and they had 2 for $5 signs up and were indeed running the new deal. They said it officially started yesterday.

the guy at mine was very nice, but didn't know anything about a 2 for 5 deal. The only thing i really wanted at the store was Mega Man X5 anyway. I'll check back tomorrow.

People are still trading in classic plastic at the Game Crazy closest to me. These people must have never heard of Ebay...last time I stopped in I was lucky enough to be the next person in the door after a stack of N64 and SNES games were traded in and grabbed them at 3/$10. Stuff like Mario Party, Smash Bros, the Zelda games, DK Country, etc. I haven't been in there in a few months so they could be restocked by now or they could be totally wiped out...I guess it's worth driving over there to find out.

I feel bad for people who trade these games in for 25 cents each in store credit.

[quote name='triplehelix']last i saw they sold at $35... dunno what it includes though (controllers, cables, expansion pack???)[/quote]
Good luck trying to find a used console at Game Crazy that doesn't include games and a warranty bundled in.:roll:

I went to a local Game Crazy (Warren, MI) at lunch time and they still had the 3 for $10 deal.:cry:

[quote name='Rictor']People are still trading in classic plastic at the Game Crazy closest to me. These people must have never heard of Ebay...last time I stopped in I was lucky enough to be the next person in the door after a stack of N64 and SNES games were traded in and grabbed them at 3/$10. Stuff like Mario Party, Smash Bros, the Zelda games, DK Country, etc. I haven't been in there in a few months so they could be restocked by now or they could be totally wiped out...I guess it's worth driving over there to find out.

I feel bad for people who trade these games in for 25 cents each in store credit.[/quote]

Geesh you lucked out there.

The stores near me still have the 3 for $10 deal. Also they don't have any or have two crappy dreamcast games.

Just got back from one today! The signage was already up. I love the employees at my local GC, as they game me a great tip for my fellow CAGers: Grab these games while you can! GameCrazy is NO LONGER ACCEPTING TRADE-INS ON CLASSIC PLASTIC GAMES. This isn't just a price drop, its inventory liquidation. Sadly, the last store that stocked classic games is no longer carrying them. This is a sad day for old-school gamers everywhere. =(

SNES:
Mario is Missing!

N64:
Deady Arts
Space Invaders

DC:
Power Stone 2

PSX:
Battle Arena Toshinden
Bomber Man Party Edition
Chess Master II
Digimon World 3
Monster Rancher Battle Card Episode II
X-Men 2: Mutant Academy

Some of it was kind of meh, but I've never seen a copy of Deadly Arts anywhere, ever - I just checked eBay, and its not worth anything, but I've been going through stacks and stacks of N64 games at various GameStop locations during their 75% off deal, and I've never seen a single copy. I picked it up based on the "this looks neat and its a game I don't have for $2.50" factor. I believe its an obscure fighter from Konami.

I had Mario Is Missing way back when, and I think some kid stole it from me or something. I'm glad to fnally replace this.

Powerstone 2! I have the first, and now I've got another neat DreamCast fighter. I've heard good things about Battle Arena Toshinden, and I haven't played a Monster Rancher since the first one.

I'm thinking about trading Space Invaders and Bomberman Party, though.

nothing good at the fall river, ma location.

found a resident evil 2 complete for psx, but the discs were annihilated so i didn't bother.

kinda disappointed there will be no more retail places carrying old games anymore around here. the only place is basically some hoarder's crappy store...charging $40 for sealed GH copies of final fantasy chronicles (the literally have like 30x copies) that you can get at buy.com or cduniverse for $15. -_-;

I stopped by my local GameCrazy today. The Classic Plastic sale is still 3 for $10, but I couldn't resist picking up Guardian's Crusade (PS1), Star Fox 64 (N64), and Killer Instinct (SNES).

[quote name='SergeantMuffin']I stopped by my local GameCrazy today. The Classic Plastic sale is still 3 for $10, but I couldn't resist picking up Guardian's Crusade (PS1), Star Fox 64 (N64), and Killer Instinct (SNES).[/quote]

It's not. They're using an old barcode.

My local GC (less than a mile away) is constantly bombed out. An old high school buddy works there and says he sees nearly the same three or four people coming in day after day to raid the classic plastic sales. The next nearest stores have almost next to nothing as well. I believe one of the stores is also subject to ebay/collector raiders. All I want is super mario rpg or maybe earthbound. Is that too much to ask for?

Ive got maybe one or two things from these sales. The "gem" if you can call it that was Street fighter alpha 3 GH. All the others have been personal favorites of mine.

[quote name='Scorch']It's not. They're using an old barcode.[/quote]

Oh well. I'm happy to have gotten those games. Without this thread I wouldn't have gone in the first place.

[quote name='Diamondcrusher']My local GC (less than a mile away) is constantly bombed out. An old high school buddy works there and says he sees nearly the same three or four people coming in day after day to raid the classic plastic sales. The next nearest stores have almost next to nothing as well. I believe one of the stores is also subject to ebay/collector raiders. All I want is super mario rpg or maybe earthbound. Is that too much to ask for?

Ive got maybe one or two things from these sales. The "gem" if you can call it that was Street fighter alpha 3 GH. All the others have been personal favorites of mine.[/quote]

Yah, it's actually a lot to ask for. I never saw a copy of Earthbound in a Game Crazy even back before the days of the Classic Plastic sales...and Mario RPG is one of those games that might have shown up once a year or so. Those games are expensive because they're rare (and fun). You're much more likely to find games like Mario Party that are more common but slighly expensive because they're still fun to play and in demand. I think I did get a copy of Mario RPG back when the classic plastic was 3 for $15 and first started though. Of course, back then the stores were still full of great stuff...multiple copies of FF VII for $5 and such.

My "closest" GC was 7 miles away so this was my 1st time going there (I dont have a car).I must say its a nicer looking store than wat Im use to (GS)....anyway I picked up the following...I'm not sure if any of these are "rare" but just picked games based on the franchises/dev I'm fond of....

Sadly all are disc only....

Tenchu Stealth Assassins
Battle Arena Toshinden
Rising Zen The Samurai Gunmen
Grand Theft Auto
Nightmare Creatures
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver
South Park
Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories
Evil Dead Hail to The King
Cardinal Syn
Fighter Maker
The Unholy War
Warriors Of Might And Magic
Death Trap Dungeon
Dune 2000
Eternal Eyes
Monster Rancher Battlecard Episode II
Lode Runner
Soul of the Samurai
Digimon
Beast Wars Transformers
Star Wars Dark Forces
South Park Chef's Luv Shack
Guardian's Crusade

All for $64.xx ...not bad imo...what do you guys think??

[quote name='Rictor']Yah, it's actually a lot to ask for. I never saw a copy of Earthbound in a Game Crazy even back before the days of the Classic Plastic sales...and Mario RPG is one of those games that might have shown up once a year or so. Those games are expensive because they're rare (and fun). You're much more likely to find games like Mario Party that are more common but slighly expensive because they're still fun to play and in demand. I think I did get a copy of Mario RPG back when the classic plastic was 3 for $15 and first started though. Of course, back then the stores were still full of great stuff...multiple copies of FF VII for $5 and such.[/quote]

I will admit Earthbound is asking for too much. But it seems more than adequate payment for all the time and wasted gas money. It doesnt mean I wont stop trying. But its still a bit frustrating to hear about people who wont even play the games. Just throw them somewhere to collect dust and increase in value. I honestly dont know who is worse the ebay flippers or the "collectors."

Went to pick up N64 games, and was told (even though 2 for $5 signs are up) that it doesn't apply to ALL classic games, just the ones in the bin. Was charged 3 for $10 for N64 games. Any chance I can go back and get it adjusted?

[quote name='JJSP']Went to pick up N64 games, and was told (even though 2 for $5 signs are up) that it doesn't apply to ALL classic games, just the ones in the bin. Was charged 3 for $10 for N64 games. Any chance I can go back and get it adjusted?[/quote]

Ask for the district manager's number. All classic plastic is 2 for $5.

bread's done
Back