Game Crazy Deals, including 50% console trade-in bonus towards Wii.

guessed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
1. MVPs get 20% trade bump and 20% off used, Nov. 14th-20th.

2. 20% off any new game $18.99 or less, Nov. 10th-23rd.

3. Any console traded towards a Wii gets a 50% trade bump, Nov. 14th-Dec. 15th. This is not an MVP-only deal. This works for PS2, Xbox, GC, PSP, DS, and 360. The below values are pre-bonus.

PS2 fat - $50
PS2 slim - $50
GC - $30
PSP - $110
DS - $45
DS Lite - $65
Xbox - $55
360 Core - $190
360 Premium - $230

I'm not exactly sure how they'd work it on the 360 trade-in, since either, after the bump, would trade for more than the price of the Wii.

The trade-in credit for a PS2 is 50. Not 75. If you trade it in when you buy a Wii ON THE SAME TRANSACTION, you get bumped to 75. Otherwise it's 50. Don't expect to walk in there and trade it in for 75.

[quote name='Scorch']OK here's the deal. I just got back and my friend that works there showed me. This deal is active. It came in over the hotmail this weekend. The employee has to manually scan a coupon. The deal is nation wide. They have the coupon. It's on the same paper as the coupon for the 3 for 10 and the Wii console trade bump. I had him give it a try and it knocked Geist down from 14.99 new to 11.99 new with it listing the 20% off $18.99 or less printed underneath. Something that may have happened is that the employee working today wasn't aware of the deal (which was announced over the weekend or something). Tell him to check the hotmail for a coupon to scan because this deal IS active.

And I got a second confirmation that you can only get the Wii trade bump if you get it on the same transaction. Those of you that preordered, trade your stuff when you pick up your Wii this weekend. Everyone else, trade your systems in when they have the Wii in stock.

I thought you had to buy used hardware and all of the games have to be used.. hence the "buy 2 get 1 free on used games with the purchase of used hardware"[/QUOTE]
Nope it's on both if your store is keeping up with all of it's marketing there should be a red sign for it on the check out table to the left right next to a sign about wireless accessories. The deal is good on NEW and USED but the only stipulation is that the FREE game must be the cheapest and USED.

Oh and this is an on going deal or paperwork says until 12/31/2007

[quote name='Scorch']The trade-in credit for a PS2 is 50. Not 75. If you trade it in when you buy a Wii ON THE SAME TRANSACTION, you get bumped to 75. Otherwise it's 50. Don't expect to walk in there and trade it in for 75.[/QUOTE]
but as I said before ask the manager to explain why the deal starts tomorrow and runs until mid december th Wii sports bundle does not need to be on the transaction for this deal to work but you can only use it if you preordered the wii and will be put in as a deposit toward the Wii thus making so you can only use that money towards the wii, Except in the case of the 360 where $250 will go toward the wii and the rest will cover tax and whatever else you want. As far as Wii deals go here is what (GameCrazy) I am doing on Sunday 19th.

1. Trade in ps2 (controller, all cables) $75
2. Trade in Guitar Hero w/ guitar $24 (20% trade bump when you are picking up a preorder.
3. Buy 2 get 1 Free on Games when you buy a NEW System Zelda, Excite Truck, Used 360 game that is $49 but has a trade in value of $36 ( Marvel)
4. Trade in Marvel to get Second Wii Remote with Employee discount.

The guy I talked to today said I could bring it in and get store credit that can be used on the Wii, although thats probably a YMMV situation.

I still say that B2G1 is for used games when you buy used hardware. That's what the sign at mine says, anyway, or else I would've bought some games when I bought a new 360.

[quote name='hhhdx4']The guy I talked to today said I could bring it in and get store credit that can be used on the Wii, although thats probably a YMMV situation.[/QUOTE]
its at my store but you MUST have a preorder at our store otherwise you can't do it. So that means unless you are one of the six on the first shipment just hang on to you system until we get more in.

[quote name='Scorch']I still say that B2G1 is for used games when you buy used hardware. That's what the sign at mine says, anyway, or else I would've bought some games when I bought a new 360.[/QUOTE]
well since I work there I know for a fact that it is on NEW and USED systems and NEW and USED games, just the other day I sold a New PS2 and Bully, Mortal Kombat and Madden USED and the day after that I sold a USED 360 with Gears of War, Need for Speed Carbon, and a USED Marvel UA. SO YES IT WORKS ON BOTH.

I wouldn't be suprised if they lower the trade values of some systems in anticipation of this deal, you know?

Oh shit, tomorrow starts the 20% off for MVP and 20% bump in trades for MVPs.. that can stack with the 4.99 B2G1 I think.. it won't on the 3 for 10.. to get it to work on the 4.99 ones though, they will have to ring up all three games and do the free game then apply the mvp, it should knock it down to 3.99.. hell yes

[quote name='Scorch']I wouldn't be suprised if they lower the trade values of some systems in anticipation of this deal, you know?

Oh shit, tomorrow starts the 20% off for MVP and 20% bump in trades for MVPs.. that can stack with the 4.99 B2G1 I think.. it won't on the 3 for 10.. to get it to work on the 4.99 ones though, they will have to ring up all three games and do the free game then apply the mvp, it should knock it down to 3.99.. hell yes[/QUOTE]
sorry to be such a party pooper to you but, you can not stack the MVP card with any other deal

[quote name='LXL_Guy']So is the 3 for 10 classic plastic a go then as of today 11/14???[/QUOTE]

one store is saying the 3 for 10 is on PS1 games only and refused to sell anything else

I ran over to the other store and they said they didnt know what the #$## that dude was talking about LOL

picked up

Pokemon silver
pokemon gold
zedal ages
and 3 Final fantasy games for the gba

21 after tax

i will dump the pokemon games on ebay and hopefully grab 12 to 15 bucks for them both

How is Gamecrazy with returns?

I'm planning on dumping my PSP on them with the extra 50% and then paying off a Wii and then return it to them a day later or something and keep the bonus amount in store credit or something. I think that should work. I didn't see in the OP whether this 50% is only a limited time.

[quote name='Wolve22']How is Gamecrazy with returns?

I'm planning on dumping my PSP on them with the extra 50% and then paying off a Wii and then return it to them a day later or something and keep the bonus amount in store credit or something. I think that should work. I didn't see in the OP whether this 50% is only a limited time.[/QUOTE]

they would take off the entire amount when you return the PSP.

Are you sure about that? How would they know that I was the one with the PSP trade-in unless it is the same employee I'm dealing with?

I heard the deal is only valid thru 11-23-06.

Weird since the second shipment would not be in by then.

Also, the GC guy told me that systems did not qualify for the 50% bump, only games, towards the Wii.
He also added that systems never get bonus credit at GC.

So, I wanted to use the trade in bump of 50%, but every GameCrazy I call has already oversold their shipments with preorders. Was this deal just intended for those that preordered it?

Not to mention when I called a month or two ago, and every time I've been in, they "weren't" doing preorders.

I just called the GC in Baldwin Hills. It is for systems that the 50% bonus applies but the guy said that until every single person who pre-ordered has purchased their Wii, they won't let anyone else do the trade in deal. And sadly they oversold their first shipments so it will be fairly hard to obtain one without a pre-order. It's a good deal but quite a hassle to keep calling to see if everyone has bought their pre-ordered one. Also you need to hope that someone won't get the Wii before you.

I'm getting Sonic The Hedgehog Genesis Tomorrow on the GBA I put $5 down already so It would be $15..Does the 20% off still apply to this game

[quote name='Wolve22']Are you sure about that? How would they know that I was the one with the PSP trade-in unless it is the same employee I'm dealing with?[/QUOTE]
because the computer keeps track of everything you trade/buy/return so every employee knows what you are doing.

Also to Scorch I just stopped by work today and I read through all the paperwork and teh Buy 2 get 1 Free IS on New and USED systems with the only stipulation being the Free game must be USED and the cheapest.

Just so you know I got $84 for the Slim PS2 toward the Wii and the 20% extra for MVP members automatically adds itself when you use the MVP card I got $24 for GH1.

And lastly the MVP is NOT stackable with any other offers it nevers has never will be, this includes trade in deals (50% bump) and Classic plastic, I mean you are already getting a RARE $20 game for $3.33 don't get mad over and extra $.33.

[quote name='MarioMania']I'm getting Sonic The Hedgehog Genesis Tomorrow on the GBA I put $5 down already so It would be $15..Does the 20% off still apply to this game[/QUOTE]
No sorry that doesn't work 1. because that game IS 19.99 you just already paid $5 and 2. because that deal is only on NEW XBOX and PS2 games.

[quote name='M1C13']No sorry that doesn't work 1. because that game IS 19.99 you just already paid $5 and 2. because that deal is only on NEW XBOX and PS2 games.[/quote]

Thanks..The deal dosn't include Capcom Classic Collection Vol. 2 on the Xbox because it's $20

[quote name='unforeseen']I heard the deal is only valid thru 11-23-06.

Weird since the second shipment would not be in by then.

Also, the GC guy told me that systems did not qualify for the 50% bump, only games, towards the Wii.
He also added that systems never get bonus credit at GC.[/quote]

Wow. He was 100% wrong on all counts. The deal runs through mid-December. The second shipment is coming in within a week and a half of launch. Games DO NOT get a bonus towards the Wii. Only systems. He should probably learn his stuff since he's working there and all. It's kinda sad when the customers know more than the employees.

[quote name='Scorch']Wow. He was 100% wrong on all counts. The deal runs through mid-December. The second shipment is coming in within a week and a half of launch. Games DO NOT get a bonus towards the Wii. Only systems. He should probably learn his stuff since he's working there and all. It's kinda sad when the customers know more than the employees.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scorch.

I knew something was fishy. I better go back and do the pre-order trade-in...with the 50% bump of course.

[quote name='unforeseen']Thanks Scorch.

I knew something was fishy. I better go back and do the pre-order trade-in...with the 50% bump of course.[/quote]

There's a coupon to scan, make sure you see him scan it.. if he asks i think its on a sheet with the coupons for 3 for $10 to scan

Ok. Just received a flyer in the mail. It mentions a promo of 20% off games $18.99 or less but it does not indicate it's for new or used games. Now only if I can find some cheap, good games there.

[quote name='Scorch']There's a coupon to scan, make sure you see him scan it.. if he asks i think its on a sheet with the coupons for 3 for $10 to scan[/QUOTE]
The coupon should be on the register already. Also I'm sorry not all the Game Crazy employees are as up to date as I am. This guy must be really new that he doesn't know to check the daily paperwork or really old that doens't care to check the daily paperwork.

Plus soon I will be able to tell you about the Black Friday deals we will have going on here is a teaser XII for $30.

[quote name='kmartbum001']Has anyone been able to trade in a system without having a preorder?[/quote]
..we're trying to tell you, YOU CAN'T. It has to be at the SAME time.

Plus soon I will be able to tell you about the Black Friday deals we will have going on here is a teaser XII for $30.
Yeah, I know. Prey is $29.99, XII is $30, FF3 DS is $30, NBA 2K7 360 will be $39.99. Nothing special except the XII. Kinda lame that Prey will be on sale for the same price as it is new at EB. I hope the used price drops badly, i'd love it to be >$25.

Went for the 3 for $10 sale today, and to ask about the 50% trade bump for the system and it seems correct. The only thing that made the deal sour was that the specific store I went to will be "bundling" the wii's (and ps3's). I say "bundling" loosely because you the choose 3 accessories and/or games. I'm wondering if I can buy GC games since technically I'll be using the wii since i'm trading in the GC for it anyway.

[quote name='Scorch']..we're trying to tell you, YOU CAN'T. It has to be at the SAME time.

Yeah, I know. Prey is $29.99, XII is $30, FF3 DS is $30, NBA 2K7 360 will be $39.99. Nothing special except the XII. Kinda lame that Prey will be on sale for the same price as it is new at EB. I hope the used price drops badly, i'd love it to be >$25.[/QUOTE]
No it doesn't hve to be at the same time because I have already done it and other people that have preorders have already done it at my store the deal started the 14th and any money that is traded toward the Wii must stay on there until you buy a Wii.

Also you missed the best deal buy 1 get 1 one on NEW games 18.99 and less and buy NBA 2k7 and get NHL 2k7 FREE ( PS2 and XBOX only)

[quote name='eau']Ok. Just received a flyer in the mail. It mentions a promo of 20% off games $18.99 or less but it does not indicate it's for new or used games. Now only if I can find some cheap, good games there.[/quote]
Seeing that GC will have buy 1 get 1 free on games $18.99 or less on Black Friday, I'll just gonna wait :)

If anyone plans on doing the MVP 20% BUMP it ends Monday. I have had multiple people trade in Oblivion which we give 39.60 for with this deal and get a USED 49.99 game for $2.70. I just did it today because someone traded in Gears of War, I got it for FREE with my discount.

How about the fat PS2? Still $50 pre-bonus? I just got a slim, so I need to get rid of my fattie with hard drive and network adapter.

[quote name='CaoPi']not too bad of a deal...but i actually have too many games for PS2 and cube to let go off so I'm holding off for next gen consoles now...[/QUOTE]

you can play GC gmes on the we

bread's done
Back