Game Crazy Deals

meilojelio

CAGiversary!
Buy 1 Get 1 Free—All Used XBOX & GameCube Games!

Buy 1 and get a 2nd game, of equal or lesser value, free.
*Offer good through 6/7/09. Not valid with any other offers, including MVP.
2 for $5—Used Games $4.99 and Less!

*Offer good through 6/7/09. Not valid with any other offers, including MVP.
MVP Exclusive—30% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Any 3 Games!
*Offer good through 5/17/09. Not valid with any other offers. 30% more offer replaces the standard 10% MVP offer.

Your welcome.

[quote name='lolmister']Does gamecrazy put those obnoxious stickers on their used games like gamestop does?[/QUOTE]

In a way, but they are much easier to take off and they do not put them on the spine. You do however have a better chance of getting a rental cover as opposed to the real one.

Anyways this sounds like a awesome deal, thanks OP. I've been meaning to start building up my Xbox and Gamecube selection...and well you can't get better than this. Now I just need to see if all my trades net me more credit here or at GS.

Edit: they are also having a +30 on 3 trades or more deal going on and considering they give way better credit values than GS you guys might want to consider trading in here.

Oh and OP, but the Xbox and Gamecube B1G1 in the title

This is actually a pretty tempting offer but the last two offers I've wanted to take advantage of there, the employees gave me a completely blank stare and had no idea what was going on.

Seriously, GameCrazy is a completely mess of a franchise. I'm taking a printout this time.

[quote name='Vinny']This is actually a pretty tempting offer but the last two offers I've wanted to take advantage of there, the employees gave me a completely blank stare and had no idea what was going on.

Seriously, GameCrazy is a completely mess of a franchise. I'm taking a printout this time.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I've time when I had to argue with them on a deal that was in the AD, the AD that is sitting right on their freaking counter tops. I pick up the AD off their counter, show and read it to them in plain English, and they still f-ing stand there and scratch their heads. I don't use GameCrazy for that very reason.

The local manager, who is also quite attractive, was the only one in the store in the know whenever I had questions. Aside from her, the rest of them were clueless and/or lied to me (whether or not it was intentional, I do not know). I have not bothered with them in quite a while - its usually just not worth the effort based on the promos they run. It's a shame too, because GS really needs some serious competition. But like usual, this seems like a decent deal, but I will probably not bother.

I agree with you all on the employees part, half the time I go there they, like you've all said, have no idea whats going on. However it's hard to ignore there much higher trade values, especially since they are running the extra 30% promo. But as Vinny said, do yourself a favor and bring a printout.

[quote name='supraazn']Ditto, I've time when I had to argue with them on a deal that was in the AD, the AD that is sitting right on their freaking counter tops. I pick up the AD off their counter, show and read it to them in plain English, and they still f-ing stand there and scratch their heads. I don't use GameCrazy for that very reason.[/QUOTE]

One time they had all their 18.99 and unders discounted half price, in the same advert they had a few games marked down to 9.99, STILL in the same ad they had B1G1free on games 18.99 and under. c-c-c-c-c-combo!!!

The employee stopped for a while, looked at the ad, looked at my games, re-read the ad, re-read the fineprint, doublechecked the date, read the FP again, then made sure the games were the ones listed in the ad. He hemmed and hawwed a bit about the discount being too big, I said, 'yeah, it's a great discount' he said 'yeah', then proceeded to ring up my pile of games for 18$ and some tax.

Good deal this time around too, At least this advertisement is straight forward. Too bad it's on used games, and for last gen.... i already got most of my last gen stuff a while back during other sales.

(i miss EB games)

There's also B2G1F $18.99/under games this week, and B1G1F on the same $18.99/under games the week after. Weak, most of the $18.99 games are shit.

The 30% extra for 3 or more games is okay, I guess.

the Game Crazy associates to the game crazy manager are like mushrooms, they feed em' shit and keep em' in the dark with deals. I agree with the employees being dumb as shit with deals.

In my area (Albany NY) Gamecrazy are much better then Gamestop. Gamestop employees tend to act like they know all or don't give a shit. Gamecrazy guys seem to always be chill. Like the last copy of a game I wanted had a cracked case. He opened the game and put all the guts into a brand new case. Anytime they haven't known about deals its been no problem getting the deals anyway.

BOGOF's are always good ty!
By.jpg

[quote name='clawber']Does anyone how much they sell Zelda Collectors Edition for?[/QUOTE]

what a random fucking question for this thread, but $24.99 for the one in the red case, $29.99 for the one in the silver. I think.

the Game Crazy associates to the game crazy manager are like mushrooms, they feed em' shit and keep em' in the dark with deals. I agree with the employees being dumb as shit with deals.

the corporate office sends down memos and signage for deals. it's the managers that fail to pass them on. i've said it before and i'll say it again.. each store is only as good as the manager who runs it.

DO NOT BUY GAME CRAZY GAMES THEY ARE A BAD COMPANY. You all, even though they have sweet deals, their products and prices suck. They force you to buy their warranties on systems and have poor customer service. Why do you think they close down 400 stores? Game Stop is better. They have more selection and let you return a game within a week if you don't like it after you bought it and buy another game. Their policy on used games is great! I love Gamestop/EB. Although their used games are cheaper then Gamestop/EB, they have better customer service and are expanding. Gamestop rules. Game Crazy don't.

[quote name='meilojelio']the Game Crazy associates to the game crazy manager are like mushrooms, they feed em' shit and keep em' in the dark with deals. I agree with the employees being dumb as shit with deals.[/QUOTE]

I 100% AGREE WITH THIS SMILEY WAL MART KNOCK OFF GUY. He is right. Gamestop and EB really do suck. I used to work at Game Crazy and I will be honest with you, they have a really poor management system and do not hire within. They do not promote their video game tournaments very well and don't take care of their own employees. Even the DM and Regional Manager are douche bags and stingy enough to not even fork out $1,000 for a big tournament that I hosted. It's a darn shame.

If there were more than 1 store around me still this would be pretty awesome. I'm already nostalgic for the one down the street that was there for about 4 years.

Heh... I'm surprised to say that I actually got this to work. I couldn't believe it actually worked.

And yet, it was still a pretty weak deal. They had like 30 GC games and 20 XB games... and only 3 (yes, 3) of those 50 XB/GC games had the cases and manuals. There were a few others with the cases but at least 40 of those games were disc only. I picked up F-Zero GX and Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life... other than those 2 games, everything else was absolute shit.

So.. this Hailstorm guy is interesting.

[quote name='HAILSTORM']DO NOT BUY GAME CRAZY GAMES THEY ARE A BAD COMPANY. You all, even though they have sweet deals, their products and prices suck.[/quote]

They carry the same products, and the prices are usually better than Gamestop's.

They force you to buy their warranties on systems and have poor customer service.

No one forces you to buy anything. And bad CS is YMMV, just like at Gamestop.

Why do you think they close down 400 stores?

Because they aren't as big as GS and they like to save money.

They have more selection and let you return a game within a week if you don't like it after you bought it and buy another game.

This is a valid point.

Although their used games are cheaper then Gamestop/EB, they have better customer service and are expanding.

Wait. Didn't you say GC prices suck? And now you're saying they have cheaper games than Gamestop/EB? And who cares if they're expanding, most of us buy our shit off of Amazon anyway. We don't need a Gamestop every two miles.

I think the majority of posters here are going to go with the company that has "sweet deals and cheaper games".

He is right. Gamestop and EB really do suck.

What the hell?

I used to work at Game Crazy and I will be honest with you, they have a really poor management system and do not hire within. They do not promote their video game tournaments very well and don't take care of their own employees. Even the DM and Regional Manager are douche bags and stingy enough to not even fork out $1,000 for a big tournament that I hosted.

I will agree that they don't take care of their employees. They care more about numbers now than CS. And I don't blame the DM and RM for not forking out a THOUSAND dollars for a big touranment. That's just stupid.

Anyway, this Gamestop vs. Game Crazy shit is getting old. Just shut the fuck up about it and shop at whatever store you like better.

gamecrazy is ok at times. i picked up a complete copy of tetris ds for $17.99 at GC less than a year ago. try to get that at GS for that much.

[quote name='HAILSTORM']DO NOT BUY GAME CRAZY GAMES THEY ARE A BAD COMPANY. You all, even though they have sweet deals, their products and prices suck. They force you to buy their warranties on systems and have poor customer service. Why do you think they close down 400 stores? Game Stop is better. They have more selection and let you return a game within a week if you don't like it after you bought it and buy another game. Their policy on used games is great! I love Gamestop/EB. Although their used games are cheaper then Gamestop/EB, they have better customer service and are expanding. Gamestop rules. Game Crazy don't.[/QUOTE]

I see the Gamestop marketing division finally found CAG ...

Each store is as good as it's employees really, some GC stink as do some GS too. To base your opinion on one store during one visit in nuts. I've bashed both stores before but I like deals and I'd rather have them both around then just one.

GC deal of buying a new system and getting 12 free game rentals is pretty awesome too. And I like the fact that at a GC if the disk is F'd up, they have a top-end disk buffing machine there on site (unlike G. Stop) and will buff it out for free or $2

I wish I had seen this thread sooner, was in Game Crazy yesterday and didn't see any signage and they didn't tell me about it =(

GameCrazy sells used games cheaper than GameStop.
THey have better trade in prices as well.
If Gamestop runs any promo, GameCrazy will match it.
In fact, depending on the DM, GC will match almost any promo running at other stores (I got a few of the best buy 9.99 games at my local GC).

so if you like the GS return policy on used games, tell GC you want it matched

[quote name='HAILSTORM']DO NOT BUY GAME CRAZY GAMES THEY ARE A BAD COMPANY. You all, even though they have sweet deals, their products and prices suck. They force you to buy their warranties on systems and have poor customer service. Why do you think they close down 400 stores? Game Stop is better. They have more selection and let you return a game within a week if you don't like it after you bought it and buy another game. Their policy on used games is great! I love Gamestop/EB. Although their used games are cheaper then Gamestop/EB, they have better customer service and are expanding. Gamestop rules. Game Crazy don't.[/QUOTE]

I would shop at gamecrazy.. if there wasn't only one store in my area, and even that store takes a while to drive to. GameStops are all over the freaking place, so they're really my only option out of the two.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']In my area (Albany NY) Gamecrazy are much better then Gamestop. Gamestop employees tend to act like they know all or don't give a shit. Gamecrazy guys seem to always be chill. Like the last copy of a game I wanted had a cracked case. He opened the game and put all the guts into a brand new case. Anytime they haven't known about deals its been no problem getting the deals anyway.[/QUOTE]

I never get that when I go to Game Crazy...I usually get the stare and "....what?....". Oddly enough I have the reverse kinda luck that you have. GS, well especially the one I normally go to, is always chill and have done the same thing for me while the GC guys act like I just walked in after diving in a pool of manure.

[quote name='grrouchie']so if you like the GS return policy on used games, tell GC you want it matched[/QUOTE]

That's so not even policy and no GC has to match it. The receipt clearly states no returns on used product unless defective, and even then, for the same item only. No store should take returns (especially lately, they've REALLY cracked down on returns) on used items, so if your store does, it won't last long.

The only thing GC's are OK'ed to match are Trade-In values. Pricematching does indeed depend on the DM and his district, but used returns.. yeah, that wouldn't work.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - XBOX 360 - Used - $4.99 ($4.39 after MVP)

Speaking of deals? Did you know Game Crazy does price comparisions? Plus they beat the price of others by offering 5% off of the others.

Like when Best Buy had their $10 game sale a few weeks ago, I brought my Best Buy Newspaper Ad, and got SoulCalibur IV & Devil May Cry 4 for XBOX 360 and they sold it to me for $9.59. You should try it. It's a part of their policy.

They will take any ads, as long as it's not online sales or printed off the net. Only Newspaper ads.

Again, pricematching is YMMV. Some districts do, some districts don't. Pricematching is not part of policy. Tradematching is.

Sweet, with the B2G1/B1G1 free deals, I can pick up Splinter Cell Double Agent CE, Shadowrun, Sylpheed, and some other cheapo 360 games I've wanted. Awesome!

[quote name='Scorch']

the corporate office sends down memos and signage for deals. it's the managers that fail to pass them on. i've said it before and i'll say it again.. each store is only as good as the manager who runs it.[/QUOTE]

Then corporate needs to do a better job in training their managers. A couple of weeks ago I visited two Gamecrazys that are five miles apart and they were running different deals. One had BOGO free on games $4.99 or lower. The other one had B2G1 free on games $9.99 or lower. As screwed up as Gamestop is, they at least are consistant across the board in marketing. Oh and their discount card works for all used deals, not like the MVP card. GC needs to step up if they want to compete with the big boys (maybe even enter the 21st century and have an online store).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Game Crazys biggest problem is not getting hardly any trade in's these days, at least not for PS2/GameCube games. Part of it is because of how crappy their trade in values are....far worse than Game Stop which is sad. Seems like every time I get a TIV its always $1 because they already have a few copies, I shouldn't be offered $1 when I know they sell the game for $15-30 used.

Just learned yesterday that ALL of the employees aside from the manager at my Gamecrazy were fired. I didn't get an answer from my friend as to why, other than the district manager's an ass...Probably canned them for selling pennied guides to me.

Oh noes, we be lost $4!

[quote name='Scorch']what a random fucking question for this thread, but $24.99 for the one in the red case, $29.99 for the one in the silver. I think.[/QUOTE]

How is it a random question when he was asking about a GameCube game?

Gamecrazy is garbage I called a gamecrazy to see if they had the two worlds CE after another store said they did and the guy checked. Someone in the background yelled "4.99 what?" So they probably had it and the employee told me no to keep it for himself. Dishonest douchebags!

(End rant)

[quote name='madgamez']Gamecrazy is garbage I called a gamecrazy to see if they had the two worlds CE after another store said they did and the guy checked. Someone in the background yelled "4.99 what?" So they probably had it and the employee told me no to keep it for himself. Dishonest douchebags!

(End rant)[/QUOTE]
thats why people dont call in for deals.
kinda one of the "golden rules"
cause.... theyll look and go OMG this game for $1! mine!

sad but true

[quote name='freshzen']I think Game Crazys biggest problem is not getting hardly any trade in's these days, at least not for PS2/GameCube games. Part of it is because of how crappy their trade in values are....far worse than Game Stop which is sad. Seems like every time I get a TIV its always $1 because they already have a few copies, I shouldn't be offered $1 when I know they sell the game for $15-30 used.[/QUOTE]

I can't think of any games that you will get $1 for in TIV and will sell for $15-30. Most games that get $1 for are games that sell for $7.99-9.99, if not just 2 for $5 games.

Also, values for games will vary based on how many copies the store/company already have. Sometimes the price of the game has not dropped as quickly as the price of the TIV. Such as when Lego Indy was trading in on 360 for $4 credit, but the price had not dropped from $30. We had 10000000000 copies traded in.

[quote name='freshzen']I think Game Crazys biggest problem is not getting hardly any trade in's these days, at least not for PS2/GameCube games. Part of it is because of how crappy their trade in values are....far worse than Game Stop which is sad. Seems like every time I get a TIV its always $1 because they already have a few copies, I shouldn't be offered $1 when I know they sell the game for $15-30 used.[/QUOTE]

Amen. You know what's funny? The guy that used to set trade values for GS's trade-ins now does it for GC. It's sad, the situation should be reversed :cold: Oh well, like I said above.. if GS gives more, call, GC matches + beats by 5%.

Then corporate needs to do a better job in training their managers. A couple of weeks ago I visited two Gamecrazys that are five miles apart and they were running different deals. One had BOGO free on games $4.99 or lower. The other one had B2G1 free on games $9.99 or lower. As screwed up as Gamestop is, they at least are consistant across the board in marketing. Oh and their discount card works for all used deals, not like the MVP card. GC needs to step up if they want to compete with the big boys (maybe even enter the 21st century and have an online store).

The B2G1F on $9.99 games/lower is an old promotion that should be over with. They were just lazy and didn't take signs down. B1G1 $4.99 = 2 for $5 and should be running at all stores. GC is definitely consistent in marketing, it's up to the managers at GC stores to put it up. Same as GS.

Just learned yesterday that ALL of the employees aside from the manager at my Gamecrazy were fired. I didn't get an answer from my friend as to why, other than the district manager's an ass...Probably canned them for selling pennied guides to me.

Because the economy's in the shitter. The goals for MVP's, Preorders and Game Guards each day is compared to last year, when the economy wasn't as bad. Due to this, sales are way, way down. April and May specifically, because there were some pretty big selling games that launched in April and May of last year. Because the goals are set so high, many employees can't reach it due to the lack of customers and are getting laid off.

Gamecrazy is garbage I called a gamecrazy to see if they had the two worlds CE after another store said they did and the guy checked. Someone in the background yelled "4.99 what?" So they probably had it and the employee told me no to keep it for himself. Dishonest douchebags!

Welcome to CAG.. the people that have been here for a while know to never, ever call a store for this very reason.

I can't think of any games that you will get $1 for in TIV and will sell for $15-30. Most games that get $1 for are games that sell for $7.99-9.99, if not just 2 for $5 games.

Also, values for games will vary based on how many copies the store/company already have. Sometimes the price of the game has not dropped as quickly as the price of the TIV. Such as when Lego Indy was trading in on 360 for $4 credit, but the price had not dropped from $30. We had 10000000000 copies traded in.

PS2 games are trading in for peanuts. A lot don't even trade-in at all. You seem like you work at a GC.. if you do, bring up a random PS2 game. If it says $1 or $2, hit F6 and look at the trade-in value. If the trade-in value on the blue screen does not match up with the trade-in value on the grey POS screen, then it's because of quantity. But PS2 games are trading in low across the board. A few of the bigger ones (like Scarface, God of War, etc) still get $5 or $6, but most get $2.

Hell, they lowered all the GBA trade-in values to $1 or $0. I think the most any GBA game gets is $2, and that's for the Pokemon games.

Oh, also, since GC currently has a deal where you get Force Unleashed (and two $18.99 games) free if you buy an Elite bundle, they dropped the trade-in value on it to $4 across the board - X360, PS3, Wii, PS2.. not sure about PSP or DS. It sells used for $34.99.

idk dudes my gamecrazy Queens New york is the shit no lie i am pretty sure it was the first one to open they always got better deals than gamestop and always sell me games without reserves

I didn't even know that there was a Gamecrazy in Rocky Mount, NC until a friend here told me. Seriously, it is almost literally a room from Hollywood Video with an exterior door and chain link fences separating the businesses. It seems like the only reason this store exists is to sell used games that were rentals from Hollywood video.

I picked up the $4.99 copy of Two Worlds from that deal and the guy there had no idea about it. You would think that the employees would be aware of such a huge price drop like that and pimp it out to get some people in the door.

bread's done
Back