Game Crazy Holiday Freakout! (12/21 Sunday ad)

Telemakhos

CAGiversary!
This is from the 12/21 Sunday Game Crazy advertisement

Deal 1
Buy 2, Get 1 Free on all used games (3rd game of equal or lesser value)
-Valid 12/21 - 12/25

Deal 2
3 Used Games for $15 (games must be $7.99 or less)
-Valid through 12/28

Deal 3
Used XBox and any 3 used games for $60
Used PS2 and any 3 used games for $90
-Valid through 12/28

Deal 4
B1G1 Free (on new PC and PS2 games $18.99 or less, 2nd game equal or lesser value)
-Doesn't give Valid through date

Deal 5
Get a $10 Gift Card when you buy $100 worth of used games

And various other smaller deals...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='roymustang']i might check out b2g1 free on used games, thanks OP[/quote]

And that's on ALL used games, which I guess means regardless of platform.

[quote name='Young Deezy']Deal 5
Xbox Live 1600 Point Card for $19.99 (same as Amazon)

....huh?[/quote]

Deleted...

[quote name='TahoeMax']The used PS2 deal has some potential if the store is decently stocked...[/quote]

In the ad, the only game they show of less than $18.99 value is Dragonball Z at $9.99. Of course, God of War is priced at $19.99...

Because Game Crazy is joined with Hollywood Video, they have a $299 Xbox Pro deal that adds 12 free Hollywood video rentals. The Blockbuster ad had a better deal on this though. For the same price, you also get 3 used games + 12 free Blockbuster rentals.

I know some of the cheap 18.99 games that apply for the Buy 1 get 1 include:

Conan (Xb360)
Lost Planet (Xbox 360)
Fatal Inertia (360)
Hour of Victory (360)
Stuntman Ignition (360)

YMMV, but I know my local Gamecrazy had these. If you have a PSP they have all thee capcom releases, example being: Capcom collections, Mega Man Powered Up and Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins in the 18.99 bin. Check them out.

So I can buy used LBP and Valkyria Chronicles and then get Fallout 3 for free? AND ALSO get $10 off? Sounds good to me.

one word

shitty

No surprise from GameCrazy though. There are less and less of their dungeon-esque stores around here. Thank god. As much as I hate gamestop. I hate gamecrazy more.

[quote name='Telemakhos']Deal 4
B1G1 Free (on new PC and PS2 games $18.99 or less, 2nd game equal or lesser value)
-Doesn't give Valid through date[/quote]

Did not realize that (or have ever seen that) they carried PC games... and for that matter, games that go for less that $20. Does anybody what kind of PC stuff they carry?

[quote name='Rollobobo']I know some of the cheap 18.99 games that apply for the Buy 1 get 1 include:

Conan (Xb360)
Lost Planet (Xbox 360)
Fatal Inertia (360)
Hour of Victory (360)
Stuntman Ignition (360)

YMMV, but I know my local Gamecrazy had these. If you have a PSP they have all thee capcom releases, example being: Capcom collections, Mega Man Powered Up and Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins in the 18.99 bin. Check them out.[/quote]

The OP lists it as PS2 and PC only (which seems a little strange). Are you sure it works for 360 & PSP games, too?

The B1G1 is on all systems as long as they are a new game 18.99 and under.

The systems deal is actually the following:
GameCube with any three used games $39.99 and under - $50
Slimline PS2 with any three used games $39.99 and under - $90
Fat PS2 with any three used games $39.99 and under - $80
XBox with any three used games $39.99 and under - $60

All used games B2G1.

Turtle beach x360 x1 headphones - $50
All NYKO guitars - $20

$10 off several of the newer releases, such as CoD: World at War, Saint's Row 2, Quantum of Solace . . .

And if I remember right, Grand Theft Auto is $40, as is Burst Limit. And Devil May Cry IV is $30.

[quote name='Toren']The B1G1 is on all systems as long as they are a new game 18.99 and under.

The systems deal is actually the following:
GameCube with any three used games $39.99 and under - $50
Slimline PS2 with any three used games $39.99 and under - $90
Fat PS2 with any three used games $39.99 and under - $80
XBox with any three used games $39.99 and under - $60

All used games B2G1.

Turtle beach x360 x1 headphones - $50
All NYKO guitars - $20

$10 off several of the newer releases, such as CoD: World at War, Saint's Row 2, Quantum of Solace . . .

And if I remember right, Grand Theft Auto is $40, as is Burst Limit. And Devil May Cry IV is $30.[/quote]

Yes, what he said! :)

I bought Lost Planet and Conan. Good deal!!!!

[quote name='hordak']Did not realize that (or have ever seen that) they carried PC games... and for that matter, games that go for less that $20. Does anybody what kind of PC stuff they carry?[/quote]
at gc by me they have Crysis, spore, WoW, COD4 and 5, ummm some other things

[quote name='Telemakhos']I just scanned the Game Crazy ad. How can I upload the pics so you guys can see everything I mention?[/quote]

You can either upload it thru a free imagehosting site such as http://imageshack.us/ or tinypic.com.

I really wish Gamecrazy had a decent website and game-store locator like gamestop. They don't even have prices of their games. I guess it looks like I'm taking a trip out to my only local gamecrazy.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I really wish Gamecrazy had a decent website and game-store locator like gamestop. They don't even have prices of their games. I guess it looks like I'm taking a trip out to my only local gamecrazy.[/QUOTE]

That's probably why they don't list them online... so people go to their stores and check them out.

And as far as I'm concerned, GC died when they stopped carrying classic games. Their prices might be a bit better than GS but GS has B2G1F at least a few times a year and they have the email coupons. Plus, GC's selection is always terrible- at least at the one near me.

Ok, here are the ads. Thanks, yuugotserved! :)

2mfge4k.gif

rady7l.gif

t69st3.gif

So if I bought FFXI Online Vanidel 2008 Collection for PC for $20, I could get a second game free for 18.99 or less?

[quote name='A_FITZ']So if I bought FFXI Online Vanidel 2008 Collection for PC for $20, I could get a second game free for 18.99 or less?[/quote]

Looks like it. I haven't visited a Game Crazy store in months, so I'm not sure of their selection, but they were always knowledgeable and friendly.

If you have one nearby, it probably wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.

It seems a lot of folks aren't huge fans of GC, which means the selection may not be so bad after all....

[quote name='A_FITZ']So if I bought FFXI Online Vanidel 2008 Collection for PC for $20, I could get a second game free for 18.99 or less?[/QUOTE]

no. It's only $18.99 games.

The ad is very, VERY misleading. It's showing some prices on "hot PS2 and PC" games, but there should be a barrier showing that the B1G1F on $18.99 or less games is a completely separate deal and only good on $18.99 or under NEW games.

If you bring this up to the clerk, though, they'll probably run it through, just because it's so damn misleading. I wish I worked in the ad department.

For what it's worth, the B1G1 on $18.99/under games is always going on. So basically, that part of the ad is just listing regular prices along with a deal we always run.

[quote name='jer7583']one word

shitty

No surprise from GameCrazy though. There are less and less of their dungeon-esque stores around here. Thank god. As much as I hate gamestop. I hate gamecrazy more.[/quote]

you should love a dungeon-esque store, you damn forum troll.

and on a side note, a customer of mine recently traded in 2 (!) Marvel Vs Capcom 2's for PS2. I told him they were worth a lot. He didn't care.

[quote name='FiendCameron']you should love a dungeon-esque store, you damn forum troll.

and on a side note, a customer of mine recently traded in 2 (!) Marvel Vs Capcom 2's for PS2. I told him they were worth a lot. He didn't care.[/quote]

Prolly hotter than the 4th of July.

Translation: STOLEN.

Hmmm just got a mailer with all the sale papers and junk... it has a coupon that lets you buy any new or used game over $29.99, and you get a second game $18.99 or under for free. It isn't limited to PS2/PC games. Not sure if it's local, I'm in Forest Park, IL.

I received a ad in the mail the other day with two coupons for Game Crazy. They are both mentioned in the OP post. One is for 1 free game with any game $29.99 or more (game has to be $18.99 or lower) and the second is for a free $10.00 gift card with any $100 or more purchase. It does mention that they cannot be printed or reproduced, but I'm not sure how picky the stores may be.

63rgyd.jpg

does anyone know any site which has the prices for games at gamecrazy? the only one "close" to me is rather far, so going in and perusing the prices and deals is rather hard to do and very unjustifiable, seeing as I do not know whether or not gamecrazy has some decent prices.

thanks.

bread's done
Back