Game Crazy MVP members B2G1 on USED 7/23 - 7/26

No problem dude. I've suggested it before to people on here but you guys should really sign up for the Game Crazy newsletter/weekly ad thing. Chances are you'll know about the sales before most of the employees do. Haha

Game Crazy is my favorite retail game store. The guys at the one near me are extremely knowledgeable and friendly, and their used prices are always well below GameStop.

[quote name='Budkin']Game Crazy is my favorite retail game store. The guys at the one near me are extremely knowledgeable and friendly, and their used prices are always well below GameStop.[/QUOTE]

I would agree but for the lack of 'used' inventory in their stores. B2G1 is a challenge for me becasue they don't usually have thre games I want...Gamestop B2G1 sales are more lucrative...nevertheless I might get lucky...

I've always preferred Game Crazy over GS but it's getting harder and harder to these days in my area. Anyhoo... Try and find a busier store in your area. The two stores in my district that had the most games didn't have a Gamestop within miles (although in the past year a GS has open next to both stores) so I guess just run with that advice and you'll find a very good selection of games.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']I've always preferred Game Crazy over GS but it's getting harder and harder to these days in my area. Anyhoo... Try and find a busier store in your area. The two stores in my district that had the most games didn't have a Gamestop within miles (although in the past year a GS has open next to both stores) so I guess just run with that advice and you'll find a very good selection of games.[/QUOTE]

being that my special order has took months to come in, im gonna see if they will do the b2g1 with those orders

[quote name='jcizzla']being that my special order has took months to come in, im gonna see if they will do the b2g1 with those orders[/QUOTE]

Definitely should work since they ring up the special order as a normal used game sale when you go to pick it up. Should be no problem.

[quote name='Aysion']It would be a good sale if it wasn't MVP only. I don't remember if mine is still active, lol.

It's $10 for MVP right?[/QUOTE]

How much are the new used games here. I know at GameStop there are 54.99, same here and dose the MVP stack with this promotion ?

How much are the new used games here. I know at GameStop there are 54.99. Are they same price here ? And does the MVP stack with this promotion ?

[quote name='jmiller']How much are the new used games here. I know at GameStop there are 54.99. Are they same price here ? And does the MVP stack with this promotion ?[/QUOTE]

Usually around 49.99. It should stack but I could be wrong.

I have no Gamecrazys in my area, which is probably why I have never signed up for MVP. The closest one near me is like 20 miles away. I prefer Gamestops since you can find them everywhere and if there were B2G1, if I can't find everything at one store, I can go to the next. Not to mention EDGE stacks with B2G1, and in most cases (I think all cases) MVP does not stack with B2G1. But mainly because I don't have any Gamecrazys around me to make MVP worthwhile.

[quote name='jmiller']How much are the new used games here. I know at GameStop there are 54.99. Are they same price here ? And does the MVP stack with this promotion ?[/QUOTE]

MVP never stacked with any past promotions... I'm guessing it won't stack this time either.

I can guarantee it will not stack with MVP
I can not think of any new used games that are $54.99. All are $49.99. If you come across one marked as such, beware of associates trying to get an easy preorder or game guard to pad their numbers.

[quote name='Vinny']MVP never stacked with any past promotions... I'm guessing it won't stack this time either.[/QUOTE]

It will not stack, however as stated before most of our games are cheaper than GS to begin with, so you're still saving money anyway.

In relation to the low used stock comments made above, used is entirely based on trade obviously, so if you and your friends trade your games at GS, than they will have more. You control the used stock, so make sure you bring us your trades. :)

There has been a huge push lately (in my district at least) encouraging store managers to work together to pool our inventories together, with more effort put into transferring back stock to stores that have low stock. I'm picking up a ton of PS2 games from another store this week, and sent out a bunch of our 360 accessories to another store.
So hopefully we will see a better balance in the following weeks.

I'd probably shop there more often if it was easier to find used prices for their games without calling them about it. I kind of like to plan out the games that I want to get during a promotion like this and an online catalog would be very helpful.

[quote name='mswierzb']I'd probably shop there more often if it was easier to find used prices for their games without calling them about it. I kind of like to plan out the games that I want to get during a promotion like this and an online catalog would be very helpful.[/QUOTE]

Granted this won't be useful to everyone, but we did roll out a sweet new iPhone App that let's you get your local stores inventory, prices, and even trade values right on you phone. More info here.

[quote name='GameCrazy_Joe']It will not stack, however as stated before most of our games are cheaper than GS to begin with, so you're still saving money anyway.[/QUOTE]

If MVP doesn't stack then used new game plus EDGE at GS would be the same as GC without MVP stacking.

[quote name='momouchi']If MVP doesn't stack then used new game plus EDGE at GS would be the same as GC without MVP stacking.[/QUOTE]

That's an unfair comparison, because new game plus MVP still beats new game plus EDGE.

[quote name='GameCrazy_Joe']Granted this won't be useful to everyone, but we did roll out a sweet new iPhone App that let's you get your local stores inventory, prices, and even trade values right on you phone. More info here.[/QUOTE]

You're loyal Joe that's for sure. What's your store's position on selling penny guides? I know this isn't directly related to the thread but Joe could be a good resource.

[quote name='GameCrazy_Joe']That's an unfair comparison, because new game plus MVP still beats new game plus EDGE.[/QUOTE]

To be fair though, I do shop at Gamecrazy occasionally when I'm there, as far as the games I am normally interested in, there is no difference than GS prices. And there wasn't as much of a selection of used game since its the only Gamecrazy around and theres like 2 Gamestops within 5 miles of it, so most people probably just trade their games into Gamestops and not Gamecrazy, so the selection for me when I go is way smaller.

But I also had a beef with Gamecrazy's return policy, or at least what I was told by the employee. There is no return period on games bought used except if its defective. I like Gamestop mainly for the fact that I have 7 days to do whatever I want, whether I want to keep it or ditch it. It gives me options. So if that employee was just flat out lying to me, please let me know what the actual policy is at Gamecrazy on used games, cause thats a pretty big sell point for me personally.

[quote name='GameCrazy_Joe']That's an unfair comparison, because new game plus MVP still beats new game plus EDGE.[/QUOTE]

It is a fair comparison when talking about this deal because it is the truth. I'm just pointing it before this becomes some bashfest on GS that isn't even true.

[quote name='GameCrazy_Joe']Granted this won't be useful to everyone, but we did roll out a sweet new iPhone App that let's you get your local stores inventory, prices, and even trade values right on you phone. More info here.[/QUOTE]

How come they couldnt just work on putting the prices onto the website so not just people on iphones can access it, but everyone can. I mean you can access the website from your iphone, so why do they need their own app just for it. For me thats completely useless seeing how theres one Gamecrazy around me and its 20 miles away. This app would be more useful for Gamestops for me since they are everywhere, but then again Gamestop have all their prices online anyways, so they dont need the app. Nothing against Gamecrazy or anything, but you would think after being in business for so long, they would try to upgrade their website to be more helpful than to just give me game information on release dates and such. Like I can't find that information everywhere on the internet. Just too inconvenient. Just what my opinion is, so don't freak out too much over it if I offended any Gamecrazy loyals.

Holy shit that's cool... too bad I don't have an iPhone. Why don't they just put this info on the website?:whistle2:?

[quote name='Vinny']Holy shit that's cool... too bad I don't have an iPhone. Why don't they just put this info on the website?:whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Because that would just make too much sense. They rather just make an iPhone app since obviously everyone owns an iPhone.

My local game crazy is pretty much always 90% cheaper then GS, and even more so with its MVP prices. Prototype Used: 35$, Mirrors Edge 13$, and so on and so on. I'm going to sign up for MVP tomorrow and take advantage of this.

[quote name='Vinny']MVP never stacked with any past promotions... I'm guessing it won't stack this time either.[/QUOTE]

Normally I would agree as MVP doesn't really stack with things, but it stacked with a B2G1 earlier this month that was a district wide promo (not company wide).. it might with this one, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

But I also had a beef with Gamecrazy's return policy, or at least what I was told by the employee. There is no return period on games bought used except if its defective. I like Gamestop mainly for the fact that I have 7 days to do whatever I want, whether I want to keep it or ditch it. It gives me options. So if that employee was just flat out lying to me, please let me know what the actual policy is at Gamecrazy on used games, cause thats a pretty big sell point for me personally.
That employee was right, and I agree with GC's policy. GS's policy caters to the lazy consumer, which I guess is the right demographic. With GC, you can try it out in the store. It's a pretty terrible policy for GS since people will buy it, beat it, then return it. You should research games, watch videos, play a demo and form your own opinion on a game before plunking down the cash for it.

To Moco: Prototype was a sale, the price went back up.

[quote name='Moco64']My local game crazy is pretty much always 90% cheaper then GS, and even more so with its MVP prices. Prototype Used: 35$, Mirrors Edge 13$, and so on and so on. I'm going to sign up for MVP tomorrow and take advantage of this.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but once again, the used stock in most Gamecrazy stores is pitiful. True, I do like the associates generally, but the stores are always so small, ghetto and in need of paint job. They do even have some nice pre-order bonus's on new games like Gamestop from time to time, but if you couple the utter lack of a useful pre-owned game selection at the stores combined with the fact that they don't do as much as Gamestop does to reward their customers like 20/30/40 trade bonus promo, 20-25% off coupons, or frequent B2G1 that stack with edge as well.

I will check out my local stores during this B2G1 sale even if they won't stack my mvp(which is LAME by the way) since MVP's who pay for the membership should get a 10% better price on their purchase than standard non mvp customers who won't pony up for membership ! I doubt I will find much selection as usual though. :cool:

Gamestop > GameCrazy

Pretty simple to figure that out.

Having said that, I do like the fact that GameCrazy & Hollywood Video have the disc polishing service that will only cost you $1.00 a disc if purchased in a 5 pack card. This is much better than the $2-$4 refurb fee Gamestop charges for scratched discs. Also, they will find you the used game or new item that you want by using a specialized locator service BUT they do charge you $6.00 for the service. Still. I suppose it might be worth it to find a Tourney SF IV stick, ICO, or some other rare expensive used game.

In the end though, it's hard to compete with Gamestop. They are a frickin' near monopoly. It's easy to be a hater or gun for the guy on top of the mountain. BUT if you are a savvy CAG who knows how to work the system when shopping there(both trading and purchasing), Gamestop is a goldmine. ;)

But again, that is what separates the men from the boys here on the CAG forums.. lol..

One last thing back on topic ala Gamecrazy. I think their return policys STINK ! I bought a used DS lite there and they won't let you return or even exchange it for another one or store credit unless it is flat out defective. I think they should have a 7 or 14 day return or at least store credit exchange on ALL USED games AND used systems ! And to boot, the return policy on NEW consoles and SEALED games with receipt STINKS too since you only have 7 or 14 days to return it even if it is sealed and unopened compared to the industry standard 30 days return policy that not only Gamestop has, but also Best Buy, Sears, Amazon.com and all other major retailers.. It's almost like, just who does GameCrazy think they are on this point !??!

[quote name='Scorch']

That employee was right, and I agree with GC's policy. GS's policy caters to the lazy consumer, which I guess is the right demographic. With GC, you can try it out in the store. It's a pretty terrible policy for GS since people will buy it, beat it, then return it. You should research games, watch videos, play a demo and form your own opinion on a game before plunking down the cash for it.
[/QUOTE]

I can understand where you are coming from as far as research and so on. It is nice that GC lets you try it out in the store, which I did not know before, so at least its not as bad as I thought before. But not all games can be researched, and not all games are always going to be accurate to what reviews or critics can tell you. And I doubt they'll let me sit there and "try out" the game until I am satisfied I can make the purchase since not every game is going to get you the best idea of how good its going to be until you actually play pretty far into it. It may be a terrible policy for the company, but its a great policy for the consumer, and its much easier to do the research when you can actually bring it home and play it.

For me if the game is truely that good, I can still buy the game as long as its a good price. You're making it sound like the consumer shouldn't take advantage of this policy and they are all lazy and do no research ahead of time. That may not be what you are trying to get off, but thats what its coming off to sound like. Not everyone is going to be a hardcore gamer and want to do a lot of research before they buy games. What happened to the days when there was no internet, and people just went into stores to buy games just on other people's word or you just buy the game because it looks like a game you would like to play just by reading the back of the box. Again, I have nothing against Gamecrazy, and I know you and obviously Gamecrazy_Joe, both work at Gamecrazy, and have for awhile, so your opinions will definitely have more weight to Gamecrazy, and I respect that.

If I only had more Gamecrazys around me, maybe I could have gotten to be able to shop with the company more, but I just don't have that luck. And Gamecrazy does seem to take better care of their used games than Gamestop does, but 7 days no question asked return for used games? How can a consumer not like that. And when B2G1 comes around, I will have no hesitations to buy many of the games I purchased since I already tried them out. It pays off in the long run for a consumer like me, but my view may not be shared by others, and others may just used it strictly to buy and return, and thats their choice.

Anyways, I appreciate the arguments you guys are all giving, and it does help give me more perspective on how things are ran at GC and then also the other side of my arguments.

My gripe with returns on used, and I see it time and time and time and time and time again, is that the person will take it home, either beat it or just flat out not like it, and want to return it. I don't get it. You don't try to return an open DVD to Wal-Mart (though I'm sure some of the little wannabe frauders on this site have tried). The consumer is expecting way too much.

I get that you're buying a shitty game and you want to return it. I'm sorry, you should have researched it. It's different if you're rich and can afford the hit, but in this economy, most people are hurting, companies included. Don't give me that "not every game can be researched".. it's the internet. Everything's on here. If IGN hasn't covered it, someone else has.

I'm sorry if this is a little rude, but this is the retail experience in me speaking, and it's just pissing me off that it's becoming an every day thing.. "oh, he didn't like this game, we just want to get our money back." Your kid should've read up on it instead of buying this copy of Secret Service on XBox 360 instead of blind buying it because the guy on the cover had a gun.

And when B2G1 comes around, I will have no hesitations to buy many of the games I purchased since I already tried them out.
Thanks for proving my exact point in a rant trying to counter my point.

[quote name='Scorch']
Thanks for proving my exact point in a rant trying to counter my point.[/QUOTE]
Well actually the point I was trying to make there is that I still bought the games I tried out even though I may have beaten the game or not. Its the fact that I actually got to try it out that made me make the purchase, so in the end, they still got my money. And all those games I've done research ahead of time and now I also got to try them out at my own home for as long as I want. Most of them are spot on, but some of them aren't, so it was a good thing I got to try them out and not have to pay Gamefly for the fee and wait forever for my game. And its because I go to Gamestop so much, that I am willing to buy from Gamestop. I know their policies and I trust their policies since they have never failed me before. If you can't accept that (which you really don't even have to since its just my opinion, and I am just speaking for myself and not for everyone), then thats just how it is. But don't try to belittle people who don't agree with your opinions. I don't disrepect your opinions, why are you trying to belittle mine?

In conclusion,

[quote name='GrimParrot']So if you think of Gamestop as the ugly fat chick you go to when your so desparate to get a game you just cant stand it, Game Crazy would be her cheap, broke ass, crack whore of a twin sister.[/QUOTE]

rotflmao..

I'm not trying to belittle anyone. I understand that you bought them in the end, but imagine how many people didn't. Those people are the one that make policies like the ones that GC has come to pass. But again, you mentioned using the policy as a pseudosubstitute for Gamefly.. this is why GC doesn't do returns on used games.

[quote name='Xfactor4']I will check out my local stores during this B2G1 sale even if they won't stack my mvp(which is LAME by the way) since MVP's who pay for the membership should get a 10% better price on their purchase than standard non mvp customers who won't pony up for membership ![/QUOTE]

To be fair, you as a paying MVP are getting a whole game for free, compared to the non MVP who isn't. So really, you're still making out a much better deal than the average customer.

There's really no point in trying to wage war between GS & GC, no one will win. Both companies have advantages and disadvantages based solely on personal opinion.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm not trying to belittle anyone. I understand that you bought them in the end, but imagine how many people didn't. Those people are the one that make policies like the ones that GC has come to pass. But again, you mentioned using the policy as a pseudosubstitute for Gamefly.. this is why GC doesn't do returns on used games.[/QUOTE]

Something probably got lost in translation when I saw you use the word rant. No worries then.

[quote name='Scorch'] But again, you mentioned using the policy as a pseudosubstitute for Gamefly.. this is why GC doesn't do returns on used games.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he mentioned using Gamefly as a pseudosubstitute for Gamefly. Once, again, you defend and justify bad policy on the abuse of a few and then the masses(and your target customers) suffer ?

And is your reasoning the same on why GC doesn't do returns or even store credit exchanges on used systems as well ? This is bad business.

Your Walmart example in your argument makes no sense at all and is totally apples to oranges too since Walmart doesn't sell used games and only new ones. Of course you can't try and return those after using them since they were new. I can assure you of this though, IF Walmart ever does start selling used games, you can bet your @ss they will let you return or exchange them for store credit within 30 days.;)

GC return policy's stink period. They may be out to stop the "bad" customers with said policys, but they also end up losing the "good" customers too since their competitors from Best Buy to Amazon and most especially their most direct competitor, Gamestop are much more generous to these same groups of "good" and "bad" customers when it comes to returns. I for one appreciate giving customers the benefit of the doubt and I will reward such stores with customer friendly policys with my business.:cool:

End rant.

Back on thread topic then.. Now let's all go look up some used game prices and selection at our local GameCrazy stores so we can find some games to buy during this B2G1 sale !

Whoops... I forgot, you can't look up used game selection, availabilty and prices at the Gamecrazy website can you ? :lol:

[quote name='Xfactor4']I don't think he mentioned using Gamestop as a pseudosubstitute for Gamefly.[/QUOTE]

Most of them are spot on, but some of them aren't, so it was a good thing I got to try them out and not have to pay Gamefly for the fee and wait forever for my game.
And is your reasoning the same on why GC doesn't do returns or even store credit exchanges on used systems as well ? This is bad business.
If it's within warranty period, returns or store credit exchanges are made for the same item. If the consumer buys a system and decides that he doesn't want it, that's their issue. I don't see other stores letting you buy things, use them, then be like "I don't like it" and try to get your money back. It just feels like people think that video games are the exception to the rule and they fall under some special subcategory where it's okay to play it then return it for full value.

Your Walmart example in your argument makes no sense at all and is totally apples to oranges too since Walmart doesn't sell used games and only new ones. Of course you can't try and return those after using them since they were new. I can assure you of this though, IF Walmart ever does start selling used games, you can bet your @ss they will let you return or exchange them for store credit within 30 days.
My point was that if you don't like a DVD, you can't return it after buying it. New or used, anywhere, and get your money back. It's an absurd way to think.

GC return policy's stink period. They may be out to stop the "bad" customers with said policys, but they also end up losing the "good" customers too since their competitors from Best Buy to Amazon and most especially their most direct competitor, Gamestop are much more generous to these same groups of "good" and "bad" customers when it comes to returns. I for one appreciate giving customers the benefit of the doubt and I will reward such stores with customer friendly policys with my business.
Then that's your call. I'm not trying to convince you to shop at GameCrazy. It's your call, I'm sure you have your own opinions.. I'm just trying to explain why I support the "no returns on used items unless defective" policy.

Back on thread topic then.. Now let's all go look up some used game prices and selection at our local GameCrazy stores so we can find some games to buy during this B2G1 sale !

Whoops... I forgot, you can't look up used game selection, availabilty and prices at the Gamecrazy website can you ? :lol:
You know, I almost respected you as a poster, then you went "end rant" and continued ranting. Congratulations. You've realized that Gamestop has more resources than GameCrazy. You're absolutely the first person ever to notice that GC does not have an online inventory setup or a way that you can look up availability. Not for you, anyway. Employees can. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before customers can as well.

I really don't understand how this has turned into a flame war. I'm not trying to say anything about GameCrazy's standing. I prefer them, others may not, that's cool, I get it. I honestly don't care. I just wanted to defend the used policy and give my reasons for it, and somehow, that's dwindled down to the usual "lol gamecrazy doesnt have no online inventory lookup or availability cuz im too lazy to call a store and ask" argument. Give it a rest. GameCrazy doesn't have the financial means to compete with GameStop, but they've come a hell of a long way, and I don't think they're going to go anywhere anytime soon.

if anyone is curious, I downloaded and tried the GameCrazy app on my iPod Touch. It only lists new releases and hot sellers for current gen systems, and there is no way to search for a specific title. It also isn't linked to their inventory, so it really isn't very useful.

I plan on picking up the newly dropped in price fallout 3, little big planet, and resident evil 5 all for around $85

OMG that is freaking hot if all the info is up to date.

bread's done
Back