Game Crazy- MVP w/ TI of ANY 3 Games, 20% off Used, 20% More on Trade-Ins

Jackie Chandler

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
EDIT: Changed the title to reflect the 20% trade/used promotion. Thanks, Scorch!

I'm sure I'm not the first to have gotten the e-mail, but I'm probably one of the few people who have a Game Crazy close enough to care. >_>; Anyway, this deal seems to be pretty sweet. According to the e-mail, you can trade ANY (that's right, no values attached a la Gamestop) three games or more to get an MVP membership for free. Why you would want to trade more than three, I don't know. Logically, you'd think you would be trading three games towards the MVP so you wouldn't get the credit for them, but if you get both for trading in three or more, especially if you'd be getting 10% more on the ones you're trading in for free automatically, that'd be pretty sweet.

If you're around and you care to elaborate, Scorch, it would be nice. :3

Last edited by a moderator:
another way for them to try and get business and i'm guessing this would be for people who were previous mvp members and their account expired or they cancelled it because that is the only way I can think of them getting your email to send you deals like that..

I saw this outside of my Game Crazy that's somehow survived. It's very tempting. Sounds like it's time to pick up three sports games from Gamestop (That's terrible, but who cares, this company is going to die anyway)

[quote name='intoxicated662']another way for them to try and get business and i'm guessing this would be for people who were previous mvp members and their account expired or they cancelled it because that is the only way I can think of them getting your email to send you deals like that..[/QUOTE]
It actually says you can't use this deal to renew. I signed up for their newsletter a while back, so I get e-mails from them on occasion.

Yeah, Gamecrazy's done for if they're doing promotions like this. Sure beats them attempting to bribe me into renewing my membership by trying to get me to pay for penny guides (fuck them). I honestly hope they go under...Shitty store, shitty management, crappy environment to look for games.

Stupid to say shit like this in our current economy, but I'm glad we're losing these jobs.

Another mention...Promotions like this should be how these stores gain members. I would have loved Gamecrazy had they not been so geared towards selling pre-orders and memberships (much like Gamestop, that shithole) and more towards making their customers happy, while making profits for themselves.

But whatever, another failed business model and more corporate investments wasted.

Beats the deal I got : Pay $9.99 for a year of MVP, watch chain go bankrupt and burn up your store credit on overpriced crap before store closes five months later.

Since it's only 9.99/yr to begin with, it seems to be only useful if you get credit for the games and the MVP for free as well. Stores near me are closing, though, so it's irrelevant.

[quote name='Decker']Beats the deal I got : Pay $9.99 for a year of MVP, watch chain go bankrupt and burn up your store credit on overpriced crap before store closes five months later.[/QUOTE]
^This :lol:

[quote name='Archfiend']What does this mvp thing give u?[/QUOTE]
It's basically an Edge card for Game Crazy- you get 10% more on trade-ins, 10% off on used games, five free disk buffs, and access to some MVP-only promotions.

what do you want me to elaborate on? any three and it's free. finding a functioning store in the company that isn't at risk of getting shut down soon, however, is very ymmv.

OR... you could just have my membership, since the closest GameCrazy is now 35 miles from my apartment. I'm just glad I was able to use my remaining credit on SC:C before all the SoCal stores become extinct.

[quote name='Decker']Beats the deal I got : Pay $9.99 for a year of MVP, watch chain go bankrupt and burn up your store credit on overpriced crap before store closes five months later.[/QUOTE]
I feel your pain, brotha!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Since it's only 9.99/yr to begin with, it seems to be only useful if you get credit for the games and the MVP for free as well. Stores near me are closing, though, so it's irrelevant.[/QUOTE]

I went in to try this out today and they gave me the free MVP membership as well as the trade in credit for the three games.

Glad I quit Gamecrazy when I did. On a brighter note, I always call former Hollywood/Movie Gallery/Gamecrazy employees in for interviews at my current job. They at least deserve a shot at working for a company that isn't failing.

[quote name='oakafanforlife']I went in to try this out today and they gave me the free MVP membership as well as the trade in credit for the three games.[/QUOTE]

this is how it works. You get your usual credit, the free mvp, then the trade boost on top of your mvp. all the idiots in here talking shit sound fucking retarded, complaining about free stuff. congrats guys.

This seems like a good enough promotion to take advantage of by trading games that have little to no value (Ps2 sports games!). However, as many have noted, there's aren't GC's around left to take advantage of this. I once had 12 stores within a 20 mile radius and now it's down to something like 4. The closings appear to come in waves, so once some stores close, the remaining ones shut down in groups of 2 or 3.

[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe']OR... you could just have my membership, since the closest GameCrazy is now 35 miles from my apartment. I'm just glad I was able to use my remaining credit on SC:C before all the SoCal stores become extinct.

I feel your pain, brotha![/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the lone store in Whittier?

I was helping a buddy move out there and saw this stand-a-lone location (like Gamestops). This was back when they were selling Prototype for $20/new.

AFAIK, that's the closest store to OC.

[quote name='FiendCameron']this is how it works. You get your usual credit, the free mvp, then the trade boost on top of your mvp. all the idiots in here talking shit sound fucking retarded, complaining about free stuff. congrats guys.[/QUOTE]

Feisty, aren't we? I didn't say it wasn't a good deal, but I'd advise anyone who trades in games of any value in this deal to use that credit ASAP before you find your local store closing and nothing left on the shelves but Wii shovelware.

[quote name='Decker']Feisty, aren't we? I didn't say it wasn't a good deal, but I'd advise anyone who trades in games of any value in this deal to use that credit ASAP before you find your local store closing and nothing left on the shelves but Wii shovelware.[/QUOTE]

i work at a GC and totally agree w/ that. the deal is good till mid May i believe so it'll work for games like Red Dead and Alan Wake.

[quote name='thehoweller']Yeah, Gamecrazy's done for if they're doing promotions like this. Sure beats them attempting to bribe me into renewing my membership by trying to get me to pay for penny guides (fuck them). I honestly hope they go under...Shitty store, shitty management, crappy environment to look for games.

Stupid to say shit like this in our current economy, but I'm glad we're losing these jobs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It is a stupid thing to say actually. I just hope that all of the employees of GC/HWV/BBV/etc/etc stores that have shut down or are in the process of doing so can find other jobs in this economy. Good luck to all of them.

As for me, if the 'closest' GC to me(35-40 miles away) wasn't already in the process of liquidation, I would probably do what everyone else has said and trade in 3 really shitty PS2 sports games to get the free MVP card too.:lol:

All you people complaining about having a Gamecrazy 30+ minutes away obviously aren't in Minnesota. The nearest one to the Minneapolis area is now in Waterloo, IA which is over 180 miles away...

[quote name='Scorch']New deal, this week only - 20% more for all trades and 20% off used games. Employee must scan barcode.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the update, Scorch. I've updated the OP and title.

bread's done
Back