Game Defect / No Receipt -- Help

andrew333

CAGiversary!
I received the GH II bundle for the holidays. Sadly, the controller is defective. I have no receipt. And it appears that I cannot get a receipt.

Any places that take returns (or exchanges) without a receipt in this post-Christmas period?

no clue where it was purchased? your best bet is to try and find that out and throw yourself on the mercy of the manager.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Buy another one somewhere and return the old one to them? Moral? No.[/quote]

This is why retailers feel justified in over charging for items.

Any idea what's actually wrong with the controller? Do one of the fret buttons not work? Whammy bar not working?

Just asking, because if you take one of these controllers apart, they're terribly simple. Most problems come down to a wire coming off it's solder-point. Most stuff can be fixed pretty quickly if you've got a soldering iron, or know someone who does. Good luck!

You could just use the warranty provided by the game company that published the game. I'm pretty sure all game companies give a one year warranty on their products.

Walmart is your best bet. They do a no-receipt swap on games as long as they ring up in their system. My friend says they do no questions asked until the 15th for holiday returns.

Like everyone said walmart is your best bet...as long as they sell it which most of them do. the only you need is to have a driver license if don't have a receipt and make sure to let them know you want to exchange it not return it. if you try to return it you might have to argue a lot so just let the clerk know its a fair exchange.

[quote name='Kendro']You could just use the warranty provided by the game company that published the game. I'm pretty sure all game companies give a one year warranty on their products.[/quote] OP, this advice is your best course of action, because GH II hasn't been out for 90 days, which is the minimum warranty period for any game.

If someone gave it to you as a gift, they had a receipt at some point, and if they paid for it via a CC or check, they should be able to go to where they purchased it from and get a receipt. If they paid via cash, there's no way to get a receipt.

In any case, if you don't have a receipt and can't get one, returning it anywhere without a receipt is a questionable prospect at best, even that we're still in the "holiday return" period. Most likely, they'll tell you to go deal with the manufacturer of the game. If you don't have a gift receipt, it's up to them to decide on what to do.

The whole "no receipt and can't get one" seems a little odd to me.

[quote name='shrike4242']OP, this advice is your best course of action, because GH II hasn't been out for 90 days, which is the minimum warranty period for any game.

If someone gave it to you as a gift, they had a receipt at some point, and if they paid for it via a CC or check, they should be able to go to where they purchased it from and get a receipt. If they paid via cash, there's no way to get a receipt.

In any case, if you don't have a receipt and can't get one, returning it anywhere without a receipt is a questionable prospect at best, even that we're still in the "holiday return" period. Most likely, they'll tell you to go deal with the manufacturer of the game. If you don't have a gift receipt, it's up to them to decide on what to do.

The whole "no receipt and can't get one" seems a little odd to me.[/QUOTE]

if you paid by cash there is no way to get another recepit if you lost the first one.

[quote name='slidecage']if you paid by cash there is no way to get another recepit if you lost the first one.[/quote]
Which is what I said in my post, which you quoted. :roll:

[quote name='shrike4242']If they paid via cash, there's no way to get a receipt.[/quote]

[quote name='andrew333']I received the GH II bundle for the holidays. Sadly, the controller is defective. I have no receipt. And it appears that I cannot get a receipt.

Any places that take returns (or exchanges) without a receipt in this post-Christmas period?[/QUOTE]

Well, if you take it to Wal-Mart and they have another one they SHOULD let you swap it out....maybe. Depends on the electronics manager. Best bet is it's warranty. If that fails (it shouldn't, it'll just take forever to get taken care of) then you could pop it open and check the wiring.

Well if you just want the reciept for a defect return to the manufactuer not the store you might be able to get a store like eb to ring it up for you and give you a reciept and then post=void the sale so you can have a copy. But try asking for an exchange of the controller they may be willing to do that.

[quote name='shrike4242']Which is what I said in my post, which you quoted. :roll:[/QUOTE]

i like quoting people : )

skimmed it and missed that part

anyone know if you buy something using a gift card and still have that gift card but no recept will the items show. I got castlevania POR noone wanted so going to be returning it. Lost the stupid recept butstill got the gift card

bread's done
Back