Game Dev Story - Android Market 50% Off [Dead]

Justme8800

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Game Dev Story is having a sale on the android market, even though it's just been released. Down to ~$3.75 from ~$5. Actual price is in yen, so the price in dollars fluctuates by a few cents.

I've heard absolutely nothing but praise for this game, including from the CAGcast. Jumped on it myself, can't wait to play...

UPDATE: Now 75% off! Under two bucks now, you can't pass this up. Excellent game!

UPDATE #2: Price is 50% off now, just over two bucks. Seriously, this is a good game, and is worth more than full price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Was going to buy it for my iPod touch, but I don't carry it around as much since I recently got a Zune HD. Glad its finally on the Android marketplace now. Just need Words with Friends and I can officially throw away my iPod. :lol:

Thanks op.

Gamedev Story is absolute crack! I love it. Never played a mobile game so much. Being an actual game developer may mean I can appreciate it a bit more, but it is still super fun.

What's weird is it wants you to make a purchase of like 800 yen or something but converts it to dollars. I haven't made any purchases from the android market and I don't want to get myself into any weird situations. A user review said they were charged multiple times due to foreign currency conversion. It might've just been a dumbass but does anyone know much about this?

[quote name='ChernobylCow']What's weird is it wants you to make a purchase of like 800 yen or something but converts it to dollars. I haven't made any purchases from the android market and I don't want to get myself into any weird situations. A user review said they were charged multiple times due to foreign currency conversion. It might've just been a dumbass but does anyone know much about this?[/QUOTE]

You get charged a small conversion fee, but that's the only "multiple charge" I've ever gotten from buying an app not priced in USD.

Ok this game is fun.

But isn't it supposed to have sound? I'm running on a G2, and I don't hear anything. :( Is it working for everyone else?

[quote name='plutoknight']Bah, Card declined because of international purchase :(.

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah having the same issue, and sadly can't use PayPal or something, I wanted to try this game. :(

I bought this about three weeks ago and it is awesome.

Surprising amount of unlockables and whatnot. Totally worth it.

No service on my phone where I am now, so I'll have to wait and hope it's still active tomorrow - and that my phone is actually supported considering nothing else seems to run on it.

[quote name='Justme8800']Ok this game is fun.

But isn't it supposed to have sound? I'm running on a G2, and I don't hear anything. :( Is it working for everyone else?[/QUOTE]

I thought that was weird too, but there is just no sound for the game.

[quote name='Darknuke']I thought that was weird too, but there is just no sound for the game.[/QUOTE]

Huh. So why is there an option to change the volume level for music and sound effects? Weird.

[quote name='NonShalant']Seen it late last night, picked it up today. 1 less reason to get an iPhone[/QUOTE]
It's been on the iPhone for quite a while now, and at 25% off as well.:cool:

So even though it is purchased through Google marketplace I can't use my AmEx. I assume the Japan based developer doesn't accept the card?

I called AmEx to make sure, if the supplier will bill they have no issues with foreign currency orders.

Too bad, I really wanted to pick up this game.

[quote name='Hibiki Rush']Can anyone verify if there is sound in the game or not? I also have a G2 and would like to have sound on it...[/QUOTE]I have the G2 and sound is working fine for me. You just have to make sure the system sounds are all the way up.

[quote name='ryushe']I have the G2 and sound is working fine for me. You just have to make sure the system sounds are all the way up.[/QUOTE]

Aha! Now I feel silly. This game actually respects "silent mode," which my phone was in. First app I've ever seen that does that, lol. Thank you!

Bought this game last week, and its already on sale... That makes me so angry!!

Oh well, worth every penny. I basically stayed up almost all night the first day i got it and beat it.

Love making remakes with funny names in the titles, and also the names the game makes up are hilarious.

Here's a few the game made up:

Buck Hunt
Omega Man
Last Fantasy
Donkey King
Medical Gear
Ninja Hidin'
Super Mash Sisters
Towervania

Just to name a few. I love this game!!

i've had this for a few weeks but i just want to reiterate how awesome it is.

i play it mostly on my Archos 101 tablet and it's such an awesome time sink.

[quote name='kalensglitch']Went to pick it up and it shows 75% off, as a last day sale. ~$1.21.[/QUOTE]

bought it at that price. thanks for the heads up. Man too many sales for these games. First it was Com2us and then EA and now this lol.

I am not one for hyperbole but this is the best mobile game I have ever played. I consider myself a mobile gamer and own Angry Birds/Cut The Rope/Infinity Blade/etc but this game was just more addictive and enthralling. Buy it now.

How are people going about purchasing the game? I tried going through google checkout but now my purchase is on hold. Not sure how to make a purchase for something with yen.

Edit: Nevermind. Switched from my debit card to my credit card and the order went right though.

Man, I held off on the 25% off sale because I already had it on iOS, but I couldn't pass on this impulse-price. Didn't have any purchase issues w/ my Mastercard.

[quote name='kalensglitch']Went to pick it up and it shows 75% off, as a last day sale. ~$1.21.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah! Didn't even know this had come out on Android. I would totally have paid full price.

[quote name='POMusashi']Showing up as 50% off last day sale in the android market, ~$2.43 for me. Appbrain still says 75% off though.[/QUOTE]

Any way to get it at the old price?

Just snagged it for $2.43. Thanks for the tip, OP...didn't know this was even available for Android.

[quote name='ryushe']Just need Words with Friends and I can officially throw away my iPod.[/QUOTE]

You should download WordFeud. It's free and it's basically a Scrabble/Words With Friends clone. Then you should play against me: randy_wrecked.

Anyone know any way to buy this if your card gets declined?

I tried to find like a virtual Visa/MasterCard, but most of them seem to be for delivery, just want a cheap code for today and of course Google doesn't allow PayPal

[quote name='mkelehan']Any way to get it at the old price?[/QUOTE]
It's fricken 2.43 for a game that you'll probably spend 6 hours or more on. You're only saving a dollar, and if you got it any lower u might as well be pirating the game. Go and support the developers and at least pay the 2.43 to buy the game, you'll thank me later.

[quote name='integralsmatic']seriously, its a dollar more than the final day price. Does 1 dollar really hurt the budget.....Its worth every penny.[/QUOTE]

it is when you survive as a dollar menuaire.

bought for $2.43 for my evo. Anyway to make it fullscreen instead of a square in the middle?

[quote name='solisnk']it is when you survive as a dollar menuaire.

bought for $2.43 for my evo. Anyway to make it fullscreen instead of a square in the middle?[/QUOTE]

Not that I know of. Play it for a bit, you'll stop caring pretty quick. You can turn on the virtual pad, that fills up the screen a bit.

It's a direct port from japanese cell phones is why it has the weird aspect ratio, I think.

And to anyone complaining about the price, stop stalling and just buy it. You'll thank me later, even if your boss won't. :p

bread's done
Back