Game Disk Doesn't Work At All From GH2 Auction

VaultDweller13

CAGiversary!
A few weeks ago I made a thread about how I had won a GH2 auction with the controller and game for $15 + $20 shipping.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174152

Well I was having a pretty awful day today and then it arrived in the mail. This made me temporarily happy. Sure, the controller has annoying stickers on it I had to peel of but I was just glad to finally have it. So I popped in the disk to play the game and every time I attempted to load a song, any song, I got a disk read error.

Upon inspection, the disk has a deep circular scratch along the outside. I've tried everything to get it to work and nothing has been effective. Fun day...

So what do I do? The disk is only part of the auction so I can't ask for a full refund, I'd like to keep the controller anyway. Also, I'm not sure if I should give neutral or negative feedback because the guitar works as far as I can tell , I'll have to pop in Rock Band to find out.

Have you contacted the buyer about it? Tell him it wasn't as advertised and you'd like a partial refund to go buy a copy of the game you could actually use. That actually looks like a really good deal, so yeah, I wouldn't return it (assuming the guitar works).

He'd be at least a neutral for me, unless he resolves it in a good manner.

[quote name='invinceable104']Have you contacted the buyer about it? Tell him it wasn't as advertised and you'd like a partial refund to go buy a copy of the game you could actually use. That actually looks like a really good deal, so yeah, I wouldn't return it (assuming the guitar works).

He'd be at least a neutral for me, unless he resolves it in a good manner.[/quote]

How much of a refund should I demand?

This is a tough question considering the amount you got it for in the first place. Normally I'd ask for the difference to get a used copy of the game.

If you really want to see what kind of a seller this guy is, you could message him explaining the problem and then ask him what he intends to do to correct the situation. Most of the time you can gauge your feedback based on their response. At worst though, it'll give you an idea of who you are dealing with and what you can expect.

I know you said that you want to keep the guitar, but should things spiral down keep in mind that if you do a PayPal dispute you'll need to send everything back with d/c. You'll get your full refund (plus shipping), but be out shipping yourself. In other words, don't get in an argument with the guy and do something you may regret (as I often find myself doing).

bread's done
Back