Game Gear

spydey

CAGiversary!
I picked up a Game Gear with about 10 games for $10 this last weekend at a yard sale. :D I never had a Game Gear so what games should I try and find?

nothing really good that caught my attention other than a few import games that are way too overpriced on ebay.

Some ok titles are: Sonic 1&2, lion king, ninja gaiden, megaman, columns, puzzle bobble, and shining force.

[quote name='spydey']Thanks. Maybe that's why the GameBoy killed it.[/QUOTE]
No, that's why the Gameboy beat it up, cut it, pissed on it, burned it, and fucked it's corpse.

Defenders of Oasis-great RPG, Woody Pop-a great breakout variation, Baku Baku-one of the best puzzle games ever made. There are plenty of good games for it. And no, the reason the Gameboy beat it was price, size, installed base, and battery life. It had nothing to do with the games. There are plenty of excellent games for it. Along with the Lynx, TurboExpress, Nomad and NeoGeo pocket color for that matter. Nintendo got along winning by having the worst piece of tech on the market for years. That has already changed in the console market and thank god it is finally changing in handhelds. Although I still argue that all things considered, the SP is better than the DS, PSP, or micro, as long as you are not considering the non gaming (or legal) functions of the PSP.

[quote name='mietha']Defenders of Oasis-great RPG, Woody Pop-a great breakout variation, Baku Baku-one of the best puzzle games ever made. There are plenty of good games for it. And no, the reason the Gameboy beat it was price, size, installed base, and battery life. It had nothing to do with the games. There are plenty of excellent games for it. Along with the Lynx, TurboExpress, Nomad and NeoGeo pocket color for that matter. Nintendo got along winning by having the worst piece of tech on the market for years. That has already changed in the console market and thank god it is finally changing in handhelds. Although I still argue that all things considered, the SP is better than the DS, PSP, or micro, as long as you are not considering the non gaming (or legal) functions of the PSP.[/QUOTE]

Basically i think he meant that GB had lots of brand new titles rather than ports from the master system/genesis. Basically GB had a lot of 3rd party support.

bread's done
Back