Game Gorilla - New Console Game Trading Service

Thanks. Just don't like to see people being jumped on.
If that jumping on was about the "collector's edition" question however...............
there was a thread just like this that mods deleted, it was about a month ago. When I saw this pop up I just wanted to make sure he wasnt breaking any rules and the PID looked a little suspicious. I also nicely answered that question, so I think its clear I'm not a complete D bag all the time.

Ha, thanks thepcgameguy. That means a lot. And thanks to you as well, chuckstaton.
no prob.

there was a thread just like this that mods deleted, it was about a month ago. When I saw this pop up I just wanted to make sure he wasnt breaking any rules and the PID looked a little suspicious. I also nicely answered that question, so I think its clear I'm not a complete D bag all the time.
I believe it. You owned up.

Decided to look for answers to questions before I let this completely drop off my radar, a bit frustrating since they have been relatively dark after cancelling their IndieGoGo campaign last year.

First, service is only usable in the United States and Canada. Theres a conflict but you either have 1 business day (preferred) or a max of 3 business days after the trade is completed to ship your traded game. Either you provide the shipping package yourself or Game Gorilla ships you their own pre-paid envelope first (unclear). Trades are pretty much final (think eBay auction) unless one user significantly changes the description of their item effectively nullifying the trade. Theres also a line about trading Mature or Adult games, but the person controlling the account is supposed to be 18+ so I don't see how it applies, unless Mature games are always up for cancellation or a parent can claim their under 18 child started a trade.

Tough luck if a game is "sent" by you and never received by Gorilla, hope you got insurance. If a game isn't shipped by the other party while yours was received at the facility, Gorilla will either A) send back your game, refund shipping and credit you for a free trade (I assume that means a/the $5 cost) or B) leave you in the trading queue until someone else can fill the trade. Theres no defined time on how long inspection will take, though they promise to minimize it. If a disc fails inspection, they'll send it back and a user agrees to not relist it until whatever defect is fixed *shrugs*. I assume next step is either refunding or back into the queue. If a game does pass inspection, Gorilla will mark it in some way signifying that it works and hasn't been tampered with after leaving their facility. Card info and charges are managed through PayPal and you agree to redirect any payment questions to PayPal.

Theres also common sense stuff. You agree to not commit to trades and back out, send illegal items, broken items, scratched items (I assume meaning scratched enough for the disc not to work), sending items super late, lost in mail multiple times, fraudulent activities, etc etc etc. If you do those things, you can have your account terminated or if necessary, something involving lawyers.

For the most part the ToS seems easy to understand, just not for me.

http://thegamegorilla.com/Home?ReturnUrl=%2f#terms

Left off the LinusTechTips thread because I only had more questions and its a year old thread.

Interestingly I emailed them to ask several questions. What their support told me was that if for any reason a game is lost or damaged in shipping, they will "promptly send a new copy." I'm not sure on the actual details, but most likely if the same account continually does this, they may flag their account and/or cancel it. Probably to avoid being taken advantage of.

Oh and in another email I asked about disc only/box booklet. What they told me is that they originally had the user choose which they preferred, and then they basically pay for the other users shipping (which is brilliant imo). Then they said they discontinued the option so as to make everything disc only and have the same price for shipping across the board. I told them I wanted the option back, they said others were asking the same thing so they might bring that back soon. Obviously though, shipping will be more for you if you want the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the first bit, I read something like that as well but couldn't find the quote when I was typing all that up, it was all to fulfill the trade guarantee. I guess its nice to have if everyone were honest but we all know better...

If I were to do it, the box+booklet+disc set would definitely be my preferred option. From my eBay days I don't remember it being all that expensive to ship a game with case but I also never tried shipping with just a disc sleeve ala Gamefly style. Who knows, maybe there are significant savings there or maybe most people don't have the original case to their games like I do. Seems like a waste to not trade them if you do have the cases though

bread's done
Back