Game Informer (1-Year Subscription)

EliotAndrews

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Hello, all.
I'm looking for an incredibly cheap Game Informer magazine subscription. (EDGE Card unnecessary.)

I've only found the magazine under $10 at bestdealmagazine.com, but they're horribly low-rated and notorious for bad customer service. Even at $6, it's not worth the hassle.

I'm sure someone out there has better magazine deal-finding skills than myself. So, any CAGer know of a good deal on Game Informer?

I've gotten GI through BestDealMagazines.com for the past 2+ years without a hitch as have many other CAGs. Don't worry about the low ratings and go for that for $6 unless you really want an Edge card. I spend about $10/year total at GS, so the EDGE card is more than worthless to me.

The two times I've purchased a 1-year sub it ranged from $5-$6. One was from Best Deal Magazines (it took 2-3 months but it started coming) and the other was from Tanga.com to add onto my current sub.

Another vote for Best Deal Magazines. I didn't realize there were ratings. It did take about 2 1/2 months before my sub. began. That was fully disclosed in the "fine print" though. I got my first 2 issues within days of each other -- Mar & April '09, and then monthly thereafter. Haven't missed one since even with the renewal.

Current coupon @ Best Deal : SECRETSALE18 = GI for $4.94. :)

Yeah, absolutely nothing wrong with Best Deal Mags. In fact, I just ordered another year of GI -- thanks to the poster above for the coupon :)

It took 3 months for mine to kick in, but they've been reliable.

Also, I'm not sure if it matters to you, but the quality of the paper of the GameInformer mags they've sent me is cheaper than the ones in-store (ie. not glossy). Anyways, for ~$5, it's a great deal.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Yeah, absolutely nothing wrong with Best Deal Mags. In fact, I just ordered another year of GI -- thanks to the poster above for the coupon :)[/QUOTE]

When GI is ordered through BestDealMagazines, does it come with the Edge Card?

[quote name='xscorpionx']When GI is ordered through BestDealMagazines, does it come with the Edge Card?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe so. I'd think that its a GS promo, not a GI promo. :)

[quote name='thirdrose']It took 3 months for mine to kick in, but they've been reliable.

Also, I'm not sure if it matters to you, but the quality of the paper of the GameInformer mags they've sent me is cheaper than the ones in-store (ie. not glossy). Anyways, for ~$5, it's a great deal.[/QUOTE]

That was just a recent (?) GI switchover, nothing to do with where it came from.

Unless I'm insane (always a distinct possibility).

[quote name='007']That was just a recent (?) GI switchover, nothing to do with where it came from.

Unless I'm insane (always a distinct possibility).[/QUOTE]

No, you're right. When they did an overhaul on the magazine, they switched to that crappy, rough, almost newspaper-like paper.

There aren't two different versions of the magazine (retail and sub).

[quote name='SEH']No, you're right. When they did an overhaul on the magazine, they switched to that crappy, rough, almost newspaper-like paper.

There aren't two different versions of the magazine (retail and sub).[/QUOTE]

Ah, my mistake. I assumed that it was a cost-cutting measure for having to mail out the magazines.

I just realized that I haven't gotten GI for quite a few months now even though I renewed in September. I checked the Bestdealsmagazine website and they don't offer it any longer. They also, very conveniently for them, don't have an order history section for accounts.

Anyone else paid for a sub from them and recently stopped getting it?

[quote name='Kerig']I just realized that I haven't gotten GI for quite a few months now even though I renewed in September. I checked the Bestdealsmagazine website and they don't offer it any longer. They also, very conveniently for them, don't have an order history section for accounts.

Anyone else paid for a sub from them and recently stopped getting it?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Renewed in September and never got an issue. They don't get the mag anymore so you should contact them for a refund. It's been 2 weeks and I'm still waiting for my refund. Terrible company to deal with.

bread's done
Back