Game Informer $4.99 for 1 year subscription at Tanga

Didn't this site do this deal like a month or two ago? I got it and am still yet to get my first Game Informer... Not too happy about it, might be better off just avoiding it (if it is the same site).

[quote name='FrankTheTank3388']Didn't this site do this deal like a month or two ago? I got it and am still yet to get my first Game Informer... Not too happy about it, might be better off just avoiding it (if it is the same site).[/QUOTE]
Please allow 10-14 weeks for your first issue to arrive.

Who would pay for Game Informer outright, versus buying an Edge card at Gamestop? At least at Gamestop you get something worth the price!

[quote name='mitnosi']Please allow 10-14 weeks for your first issue to arrive.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, seems like it's been longer than that. I think it's that when I got it with my Edge card in the past that I got them in a couple of weeks, wasn't expecting such a long wait.

I think I jumped on this deal too a little while back, 2months ago maybe, and still not gotten the 1st issue.

Anyone that's been around the forum has probably seen me ask in the Request section for this deal. Sadly, there just aren't many sales on Game Informer.

I, personally, don't care about the EDGE Card, so this price is perfect for me.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Anyone that's been around the forum has probably seen me ask in the Request section for this deal. Sadly, there just aren't many sales on Game Informer.

I, personally, don't care about the EDGE Card, so this price is perfect for me.[/QUOTE]
Same, I really don't like buying used games from Gamestop. Most of the time the games are missing something or the disc is in bad shape or its covered in stickers.

Bought from Tanga for the same price months ago and started receiving my first issue after 2 months or so.

Wish I wouldn't have ordered the magazine though, as they changed the format just shortly after I ordered. Their magazine wasn't too bad before, but with the new format, it is pure crap. Don't support this magazine...wish I could get my money back :(

[quote name='crunchewy']Who would pay for Game Informer outright, versus buying an Edge card at Gamestop? At least at Gamestop you get something worth the price![/QUOTE]

Isn't the subscription and card $15 at GS? If you don't shop at GS, paying $5 for a years subscription to GI is a pretty decent deal.

[quote name='FrankTheTank3388']Didn't this site do this deal like a month or two ago? I got it and am still yet to get my first Game Informer... Not too happy about it, might be better off just avoiding it (if it is the same site).[/QUOTE]

I ordered magazines subs from tanga and have gotten them, although late, they did arrive. So, don't worry they will get to you eventually....:grouphug:

[quote name='Mahgin86']I used to like GI, but it seems more like a big advertisement, where they praise whoever pays.[/QUOTE]

/\ This.

I love when my friends reference articles in Game Informer. It's like listening to someone boasting about a politician's viewpoint on a subject.

[quote name='Mahgin86']I used to like GI, but it seems more like a big advertisement, where they praise whoever pays.[/QUOTE]

Probably one of the reasons why Activision games keep on selling and Call of Duty games win Game of the Year there every year. The hard sell Gamestop employee has a lot to do with it too.

[quote name='thehoweller']/\ This.

I love when my friends reference articles in Game Informer. It's like listening to someone boasting about a politician's viewpoint on a subject.[/QUOTE]

Hey in the history of the world theres been a couple honest politcians.. I'm sure your friends were referencing those 2 or 3 people right?

[quote name='Organ Donor']Isn't the subscription and card $15 at GS? If you don't shop at GS, paying $5 for a years subscription to GI is a pretty decent deal.[/QUOTE]

I was making a comment about Game Informer. I got it for free with my Edge subscription. The only part of that deal that was worth anything was the Edge subscription. Ah well...

I'm still getting my copies in the mail from my earlier subscription.

Cool covers, fun to flip through, terrible to actually read. Gaming journalists really just don't know how to write.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Gaming journalists really just don't know how to write.[/QUOTE]

Naw, that's not true. It's just that anybody in the Gaming Press worth a damn jumped ship from print magazines a long time ago, and now work for IGN, 1UP, or Giant Bomb.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']Naw, that's not true. It's just that anybody in the Gaming Press worth a damn jumped ship from print magazines a long time ago, and now work for IGN, 1UP, or Giant Bomb.[/QUOTE]

I used to like PLAY magazine, but haven't picked one up in a while. It was the only magazine I subscribed to, for a while, after Newtype USA stopped.

Just in case anyone was wondering if you ordered from here would it stack with a current subscription, the answer is no.

"
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Any subscription placed by a third party will be a new subscription, and will in no way be tied to your current subscription. This may result in a break in service or duplicate issues depending upon when the subscription is issued. We apologize for any inconvenience.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Best regards,
Justin
Customer Service Lead Agent"

[quote name='bitzer']I used to like PLAY magazine, but haven't picked one up in a while. It was the only magazine I subscribed to, for a while, after Newtype USA stopped.[/QUOTE]

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Play stopped too.

[quote name='mitnosi']Just in case anyone was wondering if you ordered from here would it stack with a current subscription, the answer is no.[/quote]

Did you actually e-mail Gamestop or Game Informer? I've ordered GI from Tanga and other third-party vendors before and my subs stacked with no problems. The only time I had a problem, ironically enough, is when I renewed at Gamestop before my active subscription expired and I started receiving duplicate issues, but a call to GI got that resolved quickly and I was allowed to keep the duplicate issues.

It's $20 at Gamestop plus tax. So we would need to save at least $16 using EDGE for it to be worth it . Idk, man . . .

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']Naw, that's not true. It's just that anybody in the Gaming Press worth a damn jumped ship from print magazines a long time ago, and now work for IGN, 1UP, or Giant Bomb.[/QUOTE]

If the "good" writers went there then....oh boy.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']It's $20 at Gamestop plus tax. So we would need to save at least $16 using EDGE for it to be worth it . Idk, man . . .[/QUOTE]

It's $15. You don't spend $150 for (used) games in a year? It gives you 10% more if you trade in games too.

[quote name='destro4eva']Great read. My 2nd favorite mag behind Retro Gamer.[/QUOTE]

It's my 3rd favorite read while on the john. It ranks right behind Playstation: TOM and Women's Day. j/k :p

[quote name='whitereflection']I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Play stopped too.

Did you actually e-mail Gamestop or Game Informer? I've ordered GI from Tanga and other third-party vendors before and my subs stacked with no problems. The only time I had a problem, ironically enough, is when I renewed at Gamestop before my active subscription expired and I started receiving duplicate issues, but a call to GI got that resolved quickly and I was allowed to keep the duplicate issues.[/QUOTE]
I sent in an email from the gameinformer website and that was the response I got back.

[quote name='whitereflection']It's $15. You don't spend $150 for (used) games in a year? It gives you 10% more if you trade in games too.[/QUOTE]

I probably spend $150 for used games a year...but the majority of that money isn't going to Gamestop. ;-)

Though personally, I'm interested in the magazine for other reasons...I'm a designer, and since the redesign, Game Informer looks really nice. All the information inside it can probably be found online within days, but it's certainly pretty to look at...

You either like Gamestop or you don't. FWIW The $15 Game Informer suscription WITH Edge card is a pretty good deal. A little over a buck an issue, and the content is on par with Maxim or FHM. Good for looking at right before a big wipe. Paying $5 for 12 issues is even better if you don't shop Gamestop, so this is a good deal on a game rag.

I miss NextGen, the only game publication ever worth the paper it was printed on.
But that doesn't stop me from perusing the others.

With the new improved Power Up rewards card, Edge only looks to be getting better.
10% is nothing buy itself, but when stacked with 30%-50% discounts or trade-in boosts, it's quite nice.
I held off on Edge for YEARS, but I just renewed for my 3rd consecutive year as Gamestop.com has been competetive lately.

If you own Gamestop Stock now might be a good time to consider selling for the following reasons:
1) They are a 1 trick pony, and Kmart, Walmart, BestBuy, Amazon are all stealing market-share.
2) Over-saturating the market, keeps costs high. Simply too many stores. This ain't Starbucks.
3) Digital Distribution. It's already killed the Music industry, is working on Movie industry (ask BBV or HWV), and the Book/Publishing industry... It will kill GS too.

They might get smart like Radio Shack and turn all their stores into 7-11s or Cellular Phone stores or something marketable... But that seems unlikely.

Damn... I would've gone for this.

Nevermind, saw the second link but the price is showing up as $5.99 for me. Oh well, still picked up a year since I rarely go to GS these days and have no use of getting a sub with EDGE.

"No" you don't know if the Edge card is included...or "No" the Edge card is definitely not included?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you mean the Edge card is not included, but hope springs eternal xD

I personally like Game Informer a lot. Their articles are well written, have a professional tone, and the have big, colorful pictures. I also like how the cover isn't littered with article previews. It is a great magazine, at least when compared to OXM. OXM is a piece of shit, though.

bread's done
Back