Game Informer $5.95@BestDealMagazines OR $5 with coupon"16OFF"

Too bad that it doesn't come with the Edge card... For that reason, i just get the subscription from GS. Not that i like the mag, just for the Edge card. The $2 Edge card thread is a hit or miss...

Thanks for posting, I just renewed GI for another year. It's by far my favorite gaming publication, especially since EGM has crumbled over the past several years.

NICE! I heart GI, but couldn't get myself to pay for what I can get online for free. For this cheap, I'm in. I wonder if I can buy multiple years worth (it maxes out at 2) by simply ordering multiple times?

Edit: Just emailed them, we'll see if they get back to me about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally I wouldn't be interested. But, considering that GI has gotten better stories than previous years (considering 2006 and 2007). I think I might bite.

[quote name='captainfrizo']Thanks for posting, I just renewed GI for another year. It's by far my favorite gaming publication, especially since EGM has crumbled over the past several years.[/quote]EGM has suffered in recent years especially now that Ziff Davis went bankrupt. I remember back in 2001 when I first read EGM (issue 149) how good it was. Thankfully though, Gameinformer has improved since last year. I wish I could say the same for EGM.

[quote name='vze21gwa']EGM has suffered in recent years especially now that Ziff Davis went bankrupt. I remember back in 2001 when I first read EGM (issue 149) how good it was. Thankfully though, Gameinformer has improved since last year. I wish I could say the same for EGM.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I wouldn't even read EGM, if not for the fact that my free sub doesn't end until october 2016...

[quote name='Zmonkay']I wonder if I can buy multiple years worth (it maxes out at 2) by simply ordering multiple times?[/quote]

Unless they make a special exception for you, the answer will be no.

The fine print says something to the effect of "only one mag sub of each title per customer. If you would like more than one year, please choose the multiple-year offer associated with that specific magazine."

That explains why 1 year is $6 and 2 years is $14. I chuckled when I saw that.

Anyhow: thanks, OP! I'm definitely in for 1 year of GI. The only EB/GS purchase I made all this year was during their Summer Clearance blowout: Odin Sphere and Worms DS, both brand new with no EDGE discount. 10% of hardly anything isn't worth $15 a year, but $5 for just the sub is perfect.

EDIT: thanks timgilrane for the SPOOFEE15 code = $5.06 total.

Thanks for that coupon code-- I may get Nintendo Power. My sub ends/ended. That'd make it around 8 bucks for a year. A lot won't agree with me, but I really like how Nintendo Power has improved in the last few years.

LOL @ EGM mine expires in like 2011 or something since I got lazy and stopped watching the magazine threads. Xbox magazine for about $5 is a good deal as well, it's the non disc version and not that great of a magazine but for $5 a year it's something to do while you make poo besides play your DS. :)

I'm gonna try that and maybe a Nintendo Power since you guys say the site is legit. I think i'm gonna stick some money in my paypal account and pay with that debit card though.

Not sure if I want to grab GI or not. It's pretty much the only gaming magazine I don't receive every month, but I also haven't read one previously. Gotta think this over.

Don't think I will reup my NP subscription since they raised the price. GI looks tempting as all I have left is my lifelong subscription to EGM.

I may renew my Game Informer.

I wish though I could do the disc versions of the magazines too. MaximumPC is my other favorite magazine, but I'd like the disc's though too.

I saw the PSM magazine and for the description, I saw this "Playstation2 Magazine is unofficial, unbiased and unrivaled." Unbiased?!!?!! It's a Playstation magazine! How can it be unbiased?

The last time I ordered from bestdealmagazines I got taken for my money. I odered Game Informer and Nintendo Power. Both subscriptions never came in the mail. I tried getting a refund after 4 months and they lost my order even though my credit card was charged. Buyer beware I guess.

thx op, I renewed my GI for 2 years, my pc gamer for 3 years and for the hell of it picked up oxm for 3 years. Also thx for the 15% off coupon.

Official response about my more than 2 years question:

If you were to place another order for Game Informer going to the same person and location the publisher would reject the second order back to us as a duplicate. It's best to allow 60 or more days in between placing a renewal order for a title. That way the publisher will then add any renewal subscriptions onto the end of your prior order.

So there you have it...

Has anyone gotten any confirmation E-mails from them after placing an order? I haven't gotten a single E-mail from them yet. Usually you get one after signing up to any website, and then at least one more after placing an order.

I even chose a few of their lame "free gifts" E-books that are supposed to be E-mailed to me, and never got any of those either...

FYI: I use Yahoo so it's not due to automatically blocked E-mail (read: AOL, et al)

[quote name='Kerig']Has anyone gotten any confirmation E-mails from them after placing an order? I haven't gotten a single E-mail from them yet. Usually you get one after signing up to any website, and then at least one more after placing an order.

I even chose a few of their lame "free gifts" E-books that are supposed to be E-mailed to me, and never got any of those either...

FYI: I use Yahoo so it's not due to automatically blocked E-mail (read: AOL, et al)[/quote]

I used to get confirmation emails but not with my last couple orderes. I do print out the confirmation screen. I do get the mags, some just take a while to start showing up.

Their prices do fluctuate so keep checking.

Yes, indeed. I haven't had any issues with them but they do take very long. So the 8-14 weeks are exactly what they mean. It might be a while, but it's cheap. So if you plan on doing a cheap renewal I would recommend doing it way in advance or you will miss out on some issues.

I used yahoo email too and did not received email confirmation. I did print the receipt and checked my account it went through, so they have my monies at least and I have the order numbers. I'm not to worried about it.

I wonder if you could call them and get them to give you an edge card? my $2 edgecard lost the number, it faded. they told me to contact the magazine to get my number back.

Here are a couple more coupons you can use. I personally used 16% off on oxm subscription, brung me to even $5.

16% off Entire Order Coupon Code: 16OFF

TAKE AN EXTRA $5 OFF $30 ORDER COUPON
Code: MNDCJ1019 Offer Expires October 19, 2008

TAKE AN EXTRA $7.50 OFF $40 ORDER COUPON
Code: MQQCJ1019 Offer Expires October 19, 2008

TAKE AN EXTRA $10 OFF $50 ORDER COUPON
Code: MQPCJ1019 Offer Expires October 19, 2008

Is there ever any good coupons in this magazine ? I thought I remember somone saying they have gamestop coupons sometimes

Game Informer's great, especially at that price. EGM is just biased tripe, run by the very same people who run the equally (if not moreso) biased 1up.com, and Gamepro, as far as I know, does not have a calender.

[quote name='fshaia']Is there ever any good coupons in this magazine ? I thought I remember somone saying they have gamestop coupons sometimes[/quote]

Seems like they used to. There hasn't been a coupon in my magazine in while.

[quote name='LordCancer']I used yahoo email too and did not received email confirmation. I did print the receipt and checked my account it went through, so they have my monies at least and I have the order numbers. I'm not to worried about it.[/QUOTE]

Just ordered and got a email confirmation right away.

bread's done
Back