Game Informer Now at EB (canada)

gmoney1234567890

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
I know this isn't a deal, but Game Informer is now in EBs in Canada. Don't know when they started, but I'm in Winnipeg, so they just started stocking them here. Thought I'd say in case anyone wants a good videogame magazine.

Hm... This topic is about Game Informer but you say in case we need a good magazine? This makes no sense =O! ;)

Anyway, this isn't a good thing. GameStop owns Game Informer and because of that they keep trying to push it on customers in the States at checkout. Now it seems we'll probably get the same treatment =/ Agh.

Odd that you guys are just now getting those. Especially since they've been offering those are EB since june here and Canadians have been able to subscribe to the magazine for awhile(through gameinformer.com and the subscription cards). I think it's just a easier way for you to get the issues now.

Just curious, how much is the card/subscription combo up there?

I'm not a fan of buying video game magazines. One can get more up-to-date information on the internet for free.

http://ps3.ign.com also wii.ign.com ps2.ign.com etc..... all purpose info
www.gamerankings.com - game reviews compiled from all media
www.gameFAQs.com - game guides, message boards for help

www.gametrailers.com - video reviews, footage

There are only a very small percentage of videogames that I take interest in so saving $30 by not getting a subscription would mean I could spend it on anything else. But that's just my take.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Odd that you guys are just now getting those. Especially since they've been offering those are EB since june here and Canadians have been able to subscribe to the magazine for awhile(through gameinformer.com and the subscription cards). I think it's just a easier way for you to get the issues now.

Just curious, how much is the card/subscription combo up there?[/quote]

The only cheap magazine I know of is Nintendo Power ($15 Canadian per year after the 3 for Free). EGM was like $50 if I remember correctly. But we can use American addresses for the free offers and then change our address midway. Either way, we get issues way later than Americans.

Game Informer seems to be $40 US per year.

Most magazines are total rip-offs for Canadians =/

[quote name='X-Factor']I'm not a fan of buying video game magazines. One can get more up-to-date information on the internet for free.[/quote] My sentiment exactly.

I wouldn't mind if EB went back to how things used to be with GMR & the EB Edge card. Free subscription to the magazine when you renew your Edge card membership.

I actually liked GMR. It was a pretty decent gaming magazine.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Odd that you guys are just now getting those. Especially since they've been offering those are EB since june here and Canadians have been able to subscribe to the magazine for awhile(through gameinformer.com and the subscription cards). I think it's just a easier way for you to get the issues now.

Just curious, how much is the card/subscription combo up there?[/quote]

It's still 5 bucks for the edge card itself. You can't get the combo in Canada!
Also you don't get the 10% trade bonus. I still think it's still better than the U.S combo/deal.

I'd subscribe if it was like the U.S. -- cheap and it was good for some sort of savings at the store.

Based on browsing, I don't see anything wrong with the magazine, but I've never bought an issue (the only magazine I'll buy unless I'm desperate is Edge these days)

[quote name='Amankhan']I actually liked GMR. It was a pretty decent gaming magazine.[/quote]

Ziff-Davis has been in pretty bad shape for awhile(they're basically bleeding money with EGM & GFW). It's the reason why they've canned OPM, Gamenow and GMR. Honestly, I never liked GMR, it felt too much like Game Informer(heck they even ripped off GI's Classic GI section).

bread's done
Back