Game Informer's Monkey Island 2 Voodoo Doll Contest

dyeknom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
To celebrate the release of Lechuck's Revenge, Game Informer is sponsoring a contest for Guybrush Voodoo Dolls on their website . All that seems to be required is that you must write a Haiku that features Monkey Island, piracy or grog (or all three). Truthfully, if there were a "Haiku" class... I'd fail it, so best of luck to those with the "mad" 5/7/5 skills. Side note: They did not post an end-date.

As a fan Tales of Monkey Island fan, I figured I would pass this along for the other fans of the series. Hopefully, somebody who appreciates the game can win one of the twelve (12) hilarious looking Guybrush Voodoo Dolls. (No, I have no affiliation with GI... just passing it along for you guys.)

Picture of the prizes:
doll343.jpg

Link to the contest page: http://gameinformer.com/b/news/arch...ontest.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage

I posted my Haiku at 5:00 PM and it still hasn't shown up. I just registered for the contest how long should it take?

/edit: so I just resubmitted it and it popped up.

My Haiku:

Pirates, Monkeys and Grog

Point and Click Adventure Games

Made LucasArts Great.

/edit: pretty sure my first line is 6 syllables so I changed it to...

Both Monkey Island

Point and Click Adventure Games

Made LucasArts Great.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a heads-up, THE CONTEST IS OVER AND THE WINNERS HAVE BEEN CHOSEN. So there isn't a point to try and enter now.

Now, I just got a winner email! I just got it today, but it seems to be confused as it wants me to respond with shipping info by Friday July 28th. The only problem is that today is the 28th and Friday is the 30th. Regardless I responded right away, and everyone should check their email to see if they won and respond ASAP.

Hoping some other CAGers won since there were a dozen to give away =D

[quote name='Captain Urahara']As a heads-up, THE CONTEST IS OVER AND THE WINNERS HAVE BEEN CHOSEN. So there isn't a point to try and enter now.

Now, I just got a winner email! I just got it today, but it seems to be confused as it wants me to respond with shipping info by Friday July 28th. The only problem is that today is the 28th and Friday is the 30th. Regardless I responded right away, and everyone should check their email to see if they won and respond ASAP.

Hoping some other CAGers won since there were a dozen to give away =D[/QUOTE]

Congrats Urahara :)

Odds were certainly in our favor, as there were only what? about 2 dozen entries... but seeing as yours was right under mine, I'm assuming I didn't win :/

[quote name='dyeknom']Congrats Urahara :)

Odds were certainly in our favor, as there were only what? about 2 dozen entries... but seeing as yours was right under mine, I'm assuming I didn't win :/[/QUOTE]
Thanks, but don't give up yet. I don't think they sent them all out yet. I mean there was never a set date on the article saying when it would end, the winners aren't listed anywhere that I saw last time I checked, and the emails themselves are a little . . . off.

Just keep hoping you get one. I've got my fingers crossed that you do!

bread's done
Back