Game Inventory Software - What's the best?

BladeZ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
What is everyone using to catalog their games? And more importantly, has anyone found a way to catalog their downloadable games alongside their physical ones? I used to rely on Gamespot because their catalog was pretty rich and I had their reviews right there, but I was ultimately very unhappy with the lack of reporting and stats. I am now using GamePedia by Bruji and it offers some great iphone syncing and web exporting. I also own Delicious Library which is nice but it had issues with scanning in multiple titles.

Just wanted to see what other software CAG's were using. Obviously I'm on a mac, but please mention PC titles as well.

Also, does anyone have a system that allows importing of Metacritic or Gamerankings scores? That would be killer...

The best database software that I use on my Mac is Bento. Not specifically designed for games, but it can be fitted to them easily.

I use an Excel spreadsheet myself. You can see it at:

psychokuros.freehostia.com/videogames.htm

The initial setup takes a while, even more so if you have a lot of games. (I had 900 when I started this spreadsheet) But once you get it setup, upkeep is easy and you can insert your own info, rows, etc. No need to be constrained by someone else's setup.

[quote name='Kuros']I use an Excel spreadsheet myself. You can see it at:

psychokuros.freehostia.com/videogames.htm

The initial setup takes a while, even more so if you have a lot of games. (I had 900 when I started this spreadsheet) But once you get it setup, upkeep is easy and you can insert your own info, rows, etc. No need to be constrained by someone else's setup.[/QUOTE]

i also use excel to keep tabs on what i have, so as to when i want to sell something, i can just open excel and see what i have and what i want to sell. i then move those things, what i want to sell, to a special "sells" category in the spreadsheet.

additionally, since excel has that calculation function, i can keep tabs of what i have spent from the previous years to see how much money i've wasted and to keep track of my spendings for games,hardware, etc....

when you buy/trade new games for a particular system, you just add it to the list and when you're done you can even sort it out.

I use Excel to keep track of my own Game Inventory/Spending as well, but I still would like something similar to the OP's request, where it's an aesthetically pleasing list of boxarts and information (such as current prices and ratings) that you can share with other people to show your collection.

bread's done
Back