Game Maker Studio Standard Free (for a limited time)

pockeyandhentai

CAGiversary!
There was a time when players used to scowl at GameMaker, exposing their fangs at the mere idea of playing a game made with the tool. That time hasn’t completely passed as there are still some unnecessary grimaces at the mention of GameMaker, but considering all of these fantastic games were made with it, I think we can make a collective effort to say that it’s the creator, not the tool, that makes the game. Or something like that (just make your own silly piece of rhetoric up).
Anyway, GameMaker Studio is free to download right now, as GameMaker Blog kindly points out for all of us. They also say that it’s “likely that this is a time-limited offer,” so grab it while you still can and save yourself $50.

Previously, the only version of GameMaker available for free were the much older versions that impose a lot of restrictions on the resources available to those using them. Studio opens these up significantly, so it’s worth waiting out all the download times if you’re looking to get into game development at any point in your life.

- IndieStatik Article
http://indiestatik.com/2013/11/26/gamemaker-studio/

Instructions

1. Download Free version here http://www.yoyogames.com/studio

2. Install. Upon Launch it will ask if you want to update. Say yes. Choose beta channel.

3. Then it should give you the option to upgrade to STANDARD for free

4. All this requires is an email. It took me awhile to get the email with the key but my friend got it right away.

Either way be patient. I think their server keeps having issues. :/

I have no clue when this promotion ends so grab it quick CAGers

Got it, OP; thanks. Do we get to keep the licenses forever? (I.E., can we reinstall on other devices and etc.?)

Not sure if GameMaker is anything I would ever use, though...isn't it better to use something like Unity or Frostbite? If you want to make commercial/professional quality games, I mean.

GM should be good for 2D stuff, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it, OP; thanks. Do we get to keep the licenses forever? (I.E., can we reinstall on other devices and etc.?)

Not sure if GameMaker is anything I would ever use, though...isn't it better to use something like Unity or Frostbite? If you want to make commercial/professional quality games, I mean.

GM should be good for 2D stuff, though.
Yea it's for mostly 2D stuff, but some people have managed to make really nice looking games.

Unity is pretty popular but most things made on it are p buggy imo.

bread's done
Back