Game of Thrones Season 1 Best Price?

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Guys,

I am trying to pick up season 1 of GOT. I check amazon and couple others but there isn't a good place to buy it. And what's the difference between initial edition and the current one with (DVD and iTunes Digital copy edition). Is there a difference on Blu-ray copies?

Thanks

Initial edition was pulled due to a 1-2 second shot where there's a severed head on a spike that looks like George W Bush. It was replaced with that shot removed from the video.

Does the collectors edition have the bush head? I already have the initial version and might get another set, maybe the CE and give my old one as a gift but I don't want to lose the head ha. TIA. I may even just switch discs.

Target is the cheapest or I searched at best buy and a couple stores still have the un-edited version. It's the one with the earlier release date. That one costs more tho.

I'd check around at your local pawnshops first before you buy one new just to exhaust all of your cheapest options.

I found mine in almost brand new condition (the unedited version) at a local pawnshop where Blu's are $5 but they tack on a little more for TV shows/sets. I was fully expecting to pay anywhere from $25 ($5 a disc) to $35. The guy at the counter looked at it, asked how many discs were in it (I was honest) and then asked if $15.90 (odd price, I know) would be ok. I said "Huh?" and he repeated it. I didn't make him repeat it again.

I got it yesterday at walmart for $39.99. Not too bad. On their site it was listed at $50.99, so that was a nice surprise.

I have been trying to decide if I want to try and get into this show or not. I have not read the books and have never been a huge fantasy fan, but I am a fan of shows and movies like Rome and Gladiator. And I can pick it up for cheap, $28 for the 1st season on bluray, $35 for the special edition with the dragon egg.

[quote name='mhocker']I have been trying to decide if I want to try and get into this show or not. I have not read the books and have never been a huge fantasy fan, but I am a fan of shows and movies like Rome and Gladiator. And I can pick it up for cheap, $28 for the 1st season on bluray, $35 for the special edition with the dragon egg.[/QUOTE]

You absolutely should. I'm also not a fantasy fan. I don't particularly like Lord Of The Rings, really don't like Harry Potter or Star Wars or any other fantasy or sci fi shows...I don't really like any of it aside from GoT.

Game Of Thrones is the easiest recommendation I've ever seen. There really isn't a whole lot of fantasy in it (though there absolutely is some). It doesn't matter. Watch it.

And I never could get into Rome (didnt watch much of it) but Gladiator is one of my favorite movies. There are a lot of general similarities with GoT/Gladiator.

bread's done
Back