Game quality of $4.99 CC games you got

[quote name='YoshiFan1']The only game I have played so far is Fairly Odd Parents Breaking Da Rules for Xbox. I expected it to be bad but so far it seems like a good game. The developers really captured the spirit of the show and made a fun platform game.[/quote]

bought this for GC - I agree - great fun... looks like the show.

Ps2

Secret weapons over normandy- playd it for 10 minutes. Not what i thought it would be like. disapointed.

Gundam : fed vs. Zion - decent. seems like a not so polished version of virtua-on. definately worth 5$

XBOX

Arctic thunder: tons of unlockables players/tracks/arenas. fun arcadey feeling. graphics are really nice and colourful. Definately worth 5$ for the time it will take to unlock all that stuff alone. good pick up and play game.

[quote name='ZarathosNY']I've picjked up a few, still want to find Disgaea, Viewtiful Joe, and REZ.

This is what I have so far:

PS2:
MDK 2
Stretch Panic
NHL Hitz 2002

GC
TLOR: The Two Towers
Wrestlemania 19
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
MOH Frontline
Agressive Inline

XBOX
Kung Fu Chaos (Don't have an XBOX, my brother's gf does, so that's her Xmas present)[/quote]

Any chance that you could post a resceipt of LOTR: Two Towers?

picked up:

dynasty warriors 4
devil my cry
mlb slugfest 2004

i could've had a huge ass list, but most of the games are just that, like ASS..just bought the ones i wanted..wanted some more but those were long gone

Here's my list so far, all for GC:

Dead to Rights: Pretty cheesy ! I definitely feel sorry for anyone that bought it for more than $30. Will probably become trade fodder after I finish it as their is no replay value.

Big Mutha Truckers: Still sealed. Keeping my fingers crossed for some entertainment from this one.

Fifa '03 : Only got it because every other sports title was '01 or '02.

Scorpion King: Still sealed. Will more than likely become trade material unless it exceeds expectations.

Good luck to all this Sunday!

Here is what i bought from 2 CCs

PS1
Mega Man Legends 2 - Haven't played it yet because i haven't played the first one and i can't stand playing games out of order

Grand Theft Auto Collectors Edition - These games are fun to kill some time, for 5 bucks you can't go wrong.

Tenchu 2: Birth of the Stealth Assassins - I love this game, the create a level feature is awesome for such an old game.

GBA

Mega Man Zero - Great game, extremely hard but i love it, can't see why people don't like this game.

PS2

Street Fighter EX3 - Haven't tried this one yet.

Clock Tower 3 - Unopened

Beyond Good and Evil - Unopened but i have heard so many good things about this game that i will just say that i love it.

Soul Reaver 2 - Unopened but i loved the first one and i heard this one is great as well.

The games my boyfriend and I had collectively bought last Sunday, plus a few CC titles I'd traded for and have recieved:

GBA:
Max Payne - Surprisingly good. Controls took a little while to get used to, but after that, I was hooked. Never played the PC/console versions of the game, due to having nothing to play them on when it was released. I have no interest in them now, so I see this as a good story prep for whenever I play Max Payne 2, which has been sitting on my bf's PC shelf mocking me for the past six months.

GCN:
Ikaruga - Already owned, and traded away my CC copy, but this is WELL worth $5. Hell, I initially bought it for $40, and every penny of it was well-spent.

RE:Code Veronica - I enjoyed the DC version. never opened this one, though. Traded it after I realized that it really wasn't necessary in my collection, do I need two copies of essentially the same game (note: Sonic games don't apply. I'm gullible and will buy any version or port of the series. I think I somehow convince myself to justify the purchases for "collection purposes")

PS2:
Disgaea - Still sealed, but after all of my trouble to even find a copy of this game (I've been looking almost since its release), worth it. For the hunt, at least, ha.

Gitaroo-Man - Wow. I haven't had this much fun with a game in a long time. Fun, and even better in vs mode. Another title that I'd always been trying to find, I struck gold by even finding this one.

Megaman X7 - No sir, I don't like it. Worst MM game I've played. :(

Onimusha: Warlords - still sealed. Played it before, though, fun game.

Onimusha 2 - Still sealed.

X-Box:

Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick - Friggin' WIN. Very fun. I might be biased on this one, being a huge Evil Dead/Bruce Campbell fan. :)

Marvel vs Capcom 2 - Neat. Bf enjoys it a ton, and I don't care for fighters.

MGS2: Substance - Played the older version of the game. Can't go wrong here, despite what I said about RE:CV earlier. If anything, I paid the $5 just to see Solid skateboarding.

Panzer Dragoon Orta - Another title I stupidly waited on until it was nonexistant in nearby stores. Then again, I only somewhat recently got my X-Box, so that's a good excuse.. right? Sweet game.

ToeJam & Earl 3 - Had serious doubts about this one, but those were all out the window when I saw just how close to the original game this really is. Wow.

picked up
megama Zero-great game kinda hard

megaman & bass- good game but easier that zero

megaman battle network 2- didnt open it, had it before liked it

Boktai-didnt play much yet

F-zero maximum velocity-didnt play much yet

Wrestlemania XIX- used to like wresling his got me back into it a lil, great game though

I played a few more of the new games over the weekend. Here's a few quickie thoughts:

Beach Spikers (GC) - UNFREAKIN' REAL! This game is a blast to play and looks absolutely stunning. I've never played DOA Volleyball, but this one is a lot of fun. I'd have definitely paid $20 for it if i knew it was this fun.

Soccer Slam (GC) - Another really fun game. I've heard the PS2 and XBox versions aren't as good. That's a shame, because the GC version is fast and beautiful and a ton of fun.

Medal of Honor: Underground (GBA): The hideously low frame rate makes this just about unplayable. A huge disappointment IMHO.

Super MonkeyBall Jr. (GBA): Fun little version of the Gamecube original. Really choppy, but playable. Worst part is that Monkey Bowling is almost impossible - it's like the pins are nailed to the floor. Fun, but maybe just a bit disappointing.

More as I get to them...

RD

I picked up 7 games today and the only one I've really gotten a chance to play is Street Fighter Alpha 3 for the GBA. During this past school year, I played SFA3 (for PS1) a bunch with my neighbor down the hall and had a good time (even though I mostly had the crap kicked out of me). It's cool to be able to play it on my GBA now. The only thing that kinda irks me is trying to do some of the punches/kicks. To do a medium kick, for example, you have to press A + R at the same time. Fortunately, you can configurate the controls so it should be too much of a problem.

For those people who are unhappy with some of their games, here's something to think about. I don't know about all of you, but to rent a game at my local Blockbuster is $6.35 - that includes tax. Renting games at any of the rental stores is generally 5 or 6 bucks around here. Personally, I'd rather spend the 5 bucks to have a crappy game that I could keep than spending $6.35 to rent a crappy game that I have to take back in 5 to 7 days. Besides, if you're really disappointed, you could always trade them to people or trade them into EB/Gamestop/etc. for credit.

Just a thought....

Picked up 3 games today.

Jeopardy - Pretty good, lots of movie clips in it too.

March Madness 2003 - Pretty bad, gameplay is slow.

Sega Bass Fishing Duel - Havent tried yet.

i have played futurama for the ps2, didnt like it so am trading it to a futurama fan for megaman nt. The gameplay is uninspired and the camera is wobbley and frustrating.

disgaea. already owned it so the cc copy is still sealed, i like strat games so this is as good as it gets after maybe final fantasy tactics psone.

golden sun- i dont have a gba sp, i will get an sp when they are clearanced to a few dollars when the nintendo ds comes out

lunar legends ditto

lotus challenge xbx, i dont have an xbx yet
buffy 2 xbx
gladius xbx
shenmue 2 xbx

rygar ps2, just started it but its pretty fun.

Thats it for now.

[quote name='Sheik Rattle Enroll']Megaman X7 - Worst Megaman I've ever played.
Mystic Heroes - Even worse than you've heard. Stick with DW3 or 4. Really.
Frequency - Top notch music game.
Spyhunter 2 - Kinda fun for $5.
Ico - Adventure game. Overrated in my opinion, I traded it in.
Roadkill - Post apocalyptic GTA3 knockoff, worth $5 I'd say.
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball - Not deep in the gameplay, but fun to play tunes and relax to.
Chaos Legion - Looks pretty, plays even worse than you've been told.
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - Pretty mediocre RPG. Okay I guess if you like mindless combat.
Wild Arms 3 - Super extra boring RPG.
Road Trip - I find it pretty amusing even though it's obviously designed for 12 year old Japanese kids.[/quote]A few of the games you didn't like on PS2 like Wild Arms 3, Mega Man X7, Mystic Heroes are my favorite Top 20 games, and I have played 300 PS2 games, but that's my opinion. MMX7 is my 3rd favorite MMX game of all time, and I own everyone except X3, since I can't find it.

Pikmin (Great game)
Rayman 3 (Good game, not as good as Rayman 2)
Jet X20 (not the best jet ski game, but solid)
War of the Monsters (Very fun to play, but I don't like some battles in adventure mode)
Okage: The Shadow King (Good RPG, just to add to my collection, to give me 20 PS2 RPG games)
F-Zero: MV (Great game, although probably my least favorite F-Zero)
Earthworm Jim (Fun, but I hate pressing A to shoot, B to jump)
Jade Cocoon 2 (I love quirky games, and add to my RPG collection)

Off topic but KrazyKefka that is the scariest avatar I have ever seen!!! I hope that's not you as a baby in that picture! That poor kid is going to be tramatized for life. What the hell is that thing anyway, Santa Claus spliced with a werewolf?

[quote name='jboy']Off topic but KrazyKefka that is the scariest avatar I have ever seen!!! I hope that's not you as a baby in that picture! That poor kid is going to be tramatized for life. What the hell is that thing anyway, Santa Claus spliced with a werewolf?[/quote]

No, that's not me as a baby in that picture...though it would certainly explain a lot. It's just some crazy picture I found on the internet somewhere. I just figured it would make a cool avatar. I've gotten a lot of comments on it since. There's a bigger pic of it in my personal gallery. Don't say I didn't warn you though...

PS2
Disgaea - still sealed

The Bouncer - I rented this when the PS2 first came out, and beat it. I havent opened this copy, but I plan on playing it again

ESPN Hockey 2k4 - Great game, one of the best hockey sims I ever played

XBOX
Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball - Good game to look at, but gameplay is kind of boring

Aliens vs. Predator - still sealed

Gamecube
The Sims - PC version is better

Megaman Network Transmission - havent played, but loaded it up for a few mins....looks ok

Mario Party 4 - very fun, I cant believe I never got into the mario party series before.

GBA
DOOM 2 - very fun , brings back many memories

Shining Soul - still sealed

Lufia - still sealed

[quote name='dracula']golden sun- i dont have a gba sp, i will get an sp when they are clearanced to a few dollars when the nintendo ds comes out[/quote]

YOU MUST GET SP NOW

I'm not even kidding. It will be the best 100 dollars you spend all year if yo ufind it hard to find time to play games

I am very happy with my haul of games over the past week

from CC (either through trades or picked up at store)
DDR Konamix (trade)... waiting on this to come in... will spend hours on it
Mario Party 4... played a little, like the party games alot
DOA: BV... shallow game, nice eye candy, I spent most of my time laughing at it
Toe Jam and Earl (trade)... waiting to play
Jeopardy (trade) my wife and I have played this 6 times the past 2 nights (I am 6-0... making here really angry with me :lol: )
MGS2: Substance PS2: just played a few VR missions this morning, enjoyed it
Viewtiful Joe: LOVE the look and style of this game
Red Dead Revolver (trade)... have yet to play
Shining Soul... have yet to play
ESPN Hockey 2k4... wife and I enjoy, she owns me in hockey like I do with her in Jeopardy
State of Emergency... still think 1 player is lame, bought for multiplayer chaos!!!
FIFA 2003 one of few games I picked up on the real sale date, wouldve wanted 2004, but am not complaining
FIFA 2004 FOR GBA... not used to these controls yet, I suck on handheld
Boktai (trade) got this in today... cant wait to play it, the sun is out
Devil May Cry... got for my wife
MMX7... have yet to play
Voodoo Vince... regretted trading away my BB copy so I bought another, I love it being in one of my fav places , the Big Easy
Def Jam Vendetta (trade).. have yet to play
Max Payne GBA... need to get used to that camera
sUPER g&g...forgot how hard this was
F1 2001... like it, wanted something other than NASCAR
Parappa 2... have yet to play
Super Bust a Move... have yet to play
Onimusha 2... have yet to play
Celebrity Deathmatch... picked this up the AFTERNOON of the sale... its good for laughs
Grabbed by the Ghoulies.... have yet to play

and also picked up
MM anniversary collection... forgot how tough these were
FF Anthology... RPG goodness
Galaga '90 TG16... why didnt I own this the first time I had a TG16... picked up REALLY CHEAP from a store going out of business... 60% off
TMNT: Hyperstone Heist... have yet to play... need to dust off my Genesis

:lol:

bread's done
Back