Game recommendations?

gage006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm going on a long trip to a far off desolate land (Ohio) and won't have much in the form of entertainment for a few weeks. My DS game collection is quite slim so i'm wondering if anyone can help me out with some MUST HAVE games for the system.

Currently I own Mario and Luigi Partners in Time (LOVED it), Starfox (boring), Animal Crossing (boring), Hotel Dusk (hated it), Mario Kart and New Super Mario (beat every damn level on it, i'm done with it).

I've got very little idea of what's out there worthy of playing. Any recommendations? Older (hence cheaper) games are great.

Phoenix Wright goes for about $20. It's got good writing, and although it's basically just text, it's still great. Sonic Rush is also $20, and it's good. Mega Man ZX is good too, but it still might be full price.

I can't imagine someone who hated Hotel Dusk would like Phoenix Wright that much more. I'd recommend either of the Castlevanias ($20) before Mega Man ZX ($30).

Picross is super addictive and has endless replay value.

Front Mission DS is $20 new at Gamestop. Haven't played it yet but reviews are positive enough that I think it's worth the price.

I personally have loved the Tony Hawk games on DS, Downhill Jam in particular, which I think can be had fairly cheap, but not sure,

Both Castlevania's go for about $20 used now, if you can find them.

Brother's In Arm's DS has also been sporting a $20 pricetag at a few retailers (haven't played it yet, either. Reviews were mixed).

If you haven't played Mario/Luigi Superstar Saga on GBA, it's also excellent and cheap.

Some good suggestions, thanks guys. Are the Final Fantasys any good? I think i'll have plenty of time to burn through a good RPG or two.

Puzzle Quest looks interesting, i'll pick that one up for sure.

I liked FF3 for DS a lot, and if you don't mind the single screen, FF4 and 6 are even better. There are also a couple of good dungeon crawlers for DS, like Etrian Odyssey.

If you can find Warioware: Touched!, you will love it to death. That game is incredibly underrated, even my cousins in Vietnam loved it.

Advance Wars: Dual Strike...100 hours of great fun if you enjoy strategy games.

Feel The Magic is another underrated game that you can get for like 5 dollars.

Both Castlevanias are very good(prefer Dawn of Sorrow)

Any of those games are great buys.

the castlevania games are both winners.

Tetris is a good one. if you like zelda games, then the new one is a good choice.

I liked the brain age games.

Did not see any mention of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on here. It may be a little expensive for you but it is a pretty great game if you are into Zelda.

Pokemon and Elite Beat Agents. Pokemon is a really fun game, try not to let any prejudice of thinking it's only for little children keep you from checking it out.

bread's done
Back