Game Rush: Trade in 3 get preowned for 4.99

MastaGamer

CAGiversary!
I just stoped into Blockbuster today to get some more trade in two get a PO game for 9.99 and I saw that they changed the deal to trade in 3 get a PO for $4.99. It's a pretty good deal if you just trade in a bunch of old PS1 games and stuff. Not sure if it's in all GR's or what.

they still have the trade in 2 for 9.99 deal as well, and somepeople have mentioned trade 4 get 1 FREE, which isnt going on now but might be the next "round".

To which i say "Bring it on!"

OHHHH BAYBEE!!!! Well i traded 2 games to get hitman contracts for 6.09. Then i traded 3 games to get NFL street for .79 cents. Then today (i got kind of screwed here) I ended up paying 10 out of pocket to get MGS twin snakes. Anyway i took those three to another gamerush (your novi store wshakspear). Traded them to get prince of persia and a new gba sp for 30 dollars out of pocket!!! I LOVE GAMERUSH!!

I think now I'm going from annoyed to outright pissed off that I am several hours away from a GameRush store. I would have to trade in quite a bit to offset the cost of the gas to drive there and back.

Hey guys, you can be ticked off that you don't have a store near you, but I believe I have it worse. I'm sitting here with a Gamerush very close by, and for some reason they aren't running the deals. The girl I spoke to told me they weren't running it because of some computer glitch. I doubt that's the truth. She said they were having some problems with trade-ins. I'm thinking she's just being an idiot, though. :) Maybe I'll head back to see if there's someone else there.

"Um, can I talk to someone more competent please? Thanks so much."

Oh, btw, they are running the buy 1 get 1 half off deal, just not the trade-in deals.

It's even worse when you have a GameRush doing the deal but they don't have anything good! Neither of mine have had anything too good over the past week!

Hmm, so can I combine games from different systems? Say, I trade in 2 PS2 games and an Xbox game, and get a Gamecube game for 5 bucks?

What a deal. I traded in a bunch of crappy PS1 sports games from my collection and got the following at 3 different Gamerush stores:

Splinter Cell:pandora Tomorrow
Resident Evil Outbreak
Socom II .....all 3 for $1.17 after trade

RalliSport Challenge II for $0.79 after trade

The Suffering for $1.29 after trade

[quote name='norkusa']What a deal. I traded in a bunch of crappy PS1 sports games from my collection and got the following at 3 different Gamerush stores:

Resident Evil Outbreak

The Suffering for $1.29 after trade[/quote]

:cold:

dam i need to take advantage of this fast. the only problem is that i dont think i've ever seen a gamerush, or ever looked for one anyway. one of the 7 blockbusters i have near me have to have it though.

Let me get this straight...

You get the trade-in credit *AND* a preplayed game for $4.99? Any exceptions on things to trade in? Could I possibly dump old N64 games? Boxes and instructions needed? (I have yet to visit my new Gamerush, so I don't know how strict they are on these kinds of things)

[quote name='chrisflyer']Let me get this straight...

You get the trade-in credit *AND* a preplayed game for $4.99? Any exceptions on things to trade in? Could I possibly dump old N64 games? Boxes and instructions needed? (I have yet to visit my new Gamerush, so I don't know how strict they are on these kinds of things)[/quote]

Yup, thats the beauty of it. The value of the games that you trade in can be used towards the $4.99. So trade in 3 PS1 games that are worth $5 in credit, and you basically get any used game in the store you want for free.

They don't take n64 stuff though. I don't think you need boxes either. I know for a fact that instruction manuals aren't required since I traded in a few PS1 games missing them.

[quote name='norkusa']What a deal. I traded in a bunch of crappy PS1 sports games from my collection and got the following at 3 different Gamerush stores:

Resident Evil Outbreak

The Suffering for $1.29 after trade[/quote]

OH SHIT, SON

Ok, I know that I'm not getting in on this deal. I'll settle for an explanation as to why GR is actually offering this deal in the first place. I mean, it's an awesome deal and all, but I cannot see how this is profitable, unless this is one of those "make return customers in the long run" deals (and even then it seems risky).

well, not everyone is bringing back crap games. add to that they probably made thier money already on renting the games out. and thats about where my brain stops, cause i got a PS2 for 30-40...and yeah, that doesnt sound to profitable to them.

Damn, I love this sale! Traded in more crap at Gamerush today and picked up some more games:

Need For Speed Underground (PS2)
Jak II
WarioWare (GC)
ToeJam & Earl III

and I still had $15 in credit left over. Tomorrow I'm going back and trading in The Suffering I picked up from another GR store for $25. That plus the $15 in credit I have will get me a free & new Metal Slug 3!

Can i suggest trading in JAK2 for R&C 2, if you dont already have it? MUCH better game, and not as headache inducing

I traded in 3 crap PS1 games and got $1.50 credit for each and I picked up Rez w/ manual for only $0.90, not bad for a game thats sposta be somewhat hard to find...

I'm lovin my 30 dollar gba sp. You guys should do what i did and get one of these babies if you don't already have it. It blows regular gba out of the water.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']I'm lovin my 30 dollar gba sp. You guys should do what i did and get one of these babies if you don't already have it. It blows regular gba out of the water.[/quote]

I want a SP! I have more than enuff store credit at BlockBuster to get one but I can't decide what I want more. My first plan was to get the NES SP next week but I'm gonna be out of the country til late June and there's no guarantee that BB will carry that particular model and I could use something like a SP on the 12 hour plane trips. Or I could be patient and wait til the DS comes out at the end of the year. Hmm, what to do, what to do... I am a sucker for nostalgia so I'll prolly take my chances and see if they'll have the NES SP when I get back and just read the Halo books on the plane ride. Bah, if only I could leave a week later... :evil:

[quote name='PopcornBandit']So, I can trade in any 3 games (examples: P.N. 03, Metroid Fusion, and another game), and get one for $4.99?[/quote]

Well, people are trading in crappy PSX sports titles for this deal, so I assume you could do the same with those games.

No Gamerush stores around here, which is a bummer because this is some crazy deal!

[quote name='PopcornBandit']So, I can trade in any 3 games (examples: P.N. 03, Metroid Fusion, and another game), and get one for $4.99?[/quote]

yep, and with the fact those arnt completely shitty games, you'll get a good amount of trade in too.

Update: Ive heard a few commercials for this deal on the radio (WRIF) and this version of the deal may only be good through this weekend.

Yep... I went and picked up Rainbow 6 3 and Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes yesterday, and that's just what the clerk said.

I don't think I just want to exploit the deal to build up trade in credit, so I'm begining to run low on good games to trade in for... anyone have any ideas of a couple of good games that would fit in the 2-6 month old catagory that makes up most of Gamerush's preowned catagory?

Ratchet and Clank 2 (ps2)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicls(gc)
Mario Kart(gc)
MGS: TTS(gc)
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow(XBOX)
Hitman: Contracts(PS2/XBOX)
Wario War (GC)

Umm...

if you have a GBA there are quite a few good games out, metroid and otherwise...

i havent really been looking at ps2 titles for a while so, i havent really noticed much cool.

With the exception of Hitman:Contracts, I already have all of those.
:)

If I want Contracts, I think I'm going to need to take a drive this afternoon.

I've been searching around the Michigan stores for Red Dead and Transformers. Anyone seen these games on the shelves?

[quote name='cousinlump']I've been searching around the Michigan stores for Red Dead and Transformers. Anyone seen these games on the shelves?[/quote]
not yet. and if i see Transformers, its mine. I got a free rental with the PS2, rented this, and it was actually very fun. i love the old commrecials

bread's done
Back