Game Sharing Limited to 5 PS3s

mr_burnzz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Before the hack at PSN a while ago I gave up the ps3 to someone. I got a new one and wanted to download all my old stuff from the account once PSN came back. I couldn't as it said that my account has been activated already on 5 consoles. I gave up my account to 2 of my closest friends as they did the same years ago. They both told me they did not share my account with anyone else. I have a feeling one of them is lying or forgot about it or maybe they are telling the truth. The known ps3s I have signed on my account are my old ps3 which I gave up, friend #1 and friend #2. Since I couldn't DL anything, I asked friend 1 to deactivate my account from his ps3. He can no longer play my games he downloaded on his ps3 and I was allowed to download all my old crap on my new ps3. So what can/should I do about this?

my buddy called sonys customer service and gave them some story that his little bro put his account on other ps3s without his knowledge and it worked. you can try that.

I guess calling would work. I think the lil bro story sounds pretty good. I'll use that. I remember reading awhile back someone selling their ps3 with all the games on the HD. How can one do that without giving them all your info? Is there any way to keep games on your HD, deactivate the ps3 and keep playing games?

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I guess calling would work. I think the lil bro story sounds pretty good. I'll use that. I remember reading awhile back someone selling their ps3 with all the games on the HD. How can one do that without giving them all your info? Is there any way to keep games on your HD, deactivate the ps3 and keep playing games?[/QUOTE]

no, that would defeat the whole purpose of limiting 5 activations. The way they were doing it on ebay, is just selling a system, with an activation attached to it, as long as you dont delete the user or deactivate the system, one can continue playing the games on other profiles.

bread's done
Back