Game Stop Returns policy... question, is my gamestop odd?

auralia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Ok I swore off eb/gamestop when they started sucking... we all know when... I then moved to GA (from CA) and for the first time in years due to mass effect being 35 and the buy 2 used get one free i actually purchased from one... when i was browsing the racks a guy came in w/ 2 used games he had just bought said "I didn't like them thought they were boring" (he had bought them 5 days before and the employee LET HIM RETURN THEM FOR FULL refund, not just credit not an exchange a FULL refund... so i imeadiately questioned if this was how it worked (knowing i couldn't even return a used game if the NASTY sticker they put on it was in any way "tampered with" in the past). And he said that it was company policy if you don't like the used game you buy bring it back w/in 7 days for a full refund....

And he didn't put any DUMB ASS stickers on my used games when i left... have i found the last decent gamestop left in the US or has a policy changed.... they may have actually won back my business, or at least this one store.

[quote name='auralia']Ok I swore off eb/gamestop when they started sucking... we all know when... I then moved to GA (from CA) and for the first time in years due to mass effect being 35 and the buy 2 used get one free i actually purchased from one... when i was browsing the racks a guy came in w/ 2 used games he had just bought said "I didn't like them thought they were boring" (he had bought them 5 days before and the employee LET HIM RETURN THEM FOR FULL refund, not just credit not an exchange a FULL refund... so i imeadiately questioned if this was how it worked (knowing i couldn't even return a used game if the NASTY sticker they put on it was in any way "tampered with" in the past). And he said that it was company policy if you don't like the used game you buy bring it back w/in 7 days for a full refund....

And he didn't put any DUMB ASS stickers on my used games when i left... have i found the last decent gamestop left in the US or has a policy changed.... they may have actually won back my business, or at least this one store.[/quote]

Uh its always been like that. Used to be you could return ANY game within 7 days, but years ago it changed to just used games I think.

I don't know what you are even referring to with the sticker. They don't put stickers on the games (discs), just the cases for the skus or price tags.

They have a policy now where if you don't like a used game, you can return it within 7 days.

Not sure when it started but it's been there for a while now, I think maybe for a year? I don't remember from before the merger though I never stopped there too much in the past... or ever.:whistle2:k

Augusta, GA

damn hum, last i went into a gs in maryland if i removed their nasty ass sticker (mind this was 2 years ago) i could only trade the game in for the exact same game and if they were out of that game used they wouldn't let you trade it even. hum pretty sad i don't know the policy given i consider myself an "excessive gamer" i'm embarassed :p

[quote name='auralia']Augusta, GA

damn hum, last i went into a gs in maryland if i removed their nasty ass sticker (mind this was 2 years ago) i could only trade the game in for the exact same game and if they were out of that game used they wouldn't let you trade it even. hum pretty sad i don't know the policy given i consider myself an "excessive gamer" i'm embarassed :p[/quote]

Was this a Gamestop or an EB Games? I've never heard of that. Either way, I have a feeling that's really dependent on the store and the managers.

damn hum, last i went into a gs in maryland if i removed their nasty ass sticker (mind this was 2 years ago) i could only trade the game in for the exact same game and if they were out of that game used they wouldn't let you trade it even. hum pretty sad i don't know the policy given i consider myself an "excessive gamer" i'm embarassed :p[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that wasn't for a "new" gutted game?

damn hum, last i went into a gs in maryland if i removed their nasty ass sticker (mind this was 2 years ago) i could only trade the game in for the exact same game and if they were out of that game used they wouldn't let you trade it even. hum pretty sad i don't know the policy given i consider myself an "excessive gamer" i'm embarassed :p[/quote]

That was their policy on used games/dvds a couple of years ago. They would put a big honkin' white sticker on it, which said 'Returnable within 7 days if seal is unbroken' or something to that effect. They would slap the sticker over the side of the case that opens up and that was their way of knowing whether or not you had opened it or not and whether or not it was returnable.

At least, that's how they did it around here(northeastern Pennsylvania)for a while.

The best part was that if you were SUPER CAREFUL, you could take the sticker off, put it on something where it wouldn't be permanently stuck, play the game for the week and then take it back for a full refund no questions asked.

They soon stopped that policy and it switched to the '7 days no questions asked' policy they have now. Of course, they have limits in place to assure that people don't use their stores as a cheap/free rental store by continually doing the 7 day returns, which is why they ask for your info when you return something even with a friggin' receipt in hand.

as mike said above that's always been their policy. i worked as an sm for a long time and as a part timer since '98 when it was software etc and at no point has any gs i worked for put anything other than price & id tags on used games nor have they not taken back used games that fell under the return policy w/in the allotted time period.

your place in md was either an eb or ran by a jackass or both which is more than quite possible. :)

I'm in Augusta too.

Do NOT go to the gamestop in the mall. That place is almost useless.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'm in Augusta too.

Do NOT go to the gamestop in the mall. That place is almost useless.[/QUOTE]

I thought you moved to Boston or something.

That makes three of us, that I know of.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I thought you moved to Boston or something.

That makes three of us, that I know of.[/quote]

Nope. Been here since Nov 06.

Damn, it's no wonder I can't find any deals anymore around here. ;)

bread's done
Back