Game Suggestions

etschell

CAGiversary!
I'm looking for some new game selections because I have a $100 gift card from Amazon that I haven't touched. I have narrowed down my list to the following games:

Borderlands
MAG
Dante's Inferno
Heavy Rain

Which of these would you get if you could get 2? FYI I am def getting GOW III so I excluded that game.

I'm loving Borderlands right now. I'd go with that and Heavy Rain. That game looks epic.

Dante's Inferno looks alot like a God of War clone (not that thats a bad thing). Admittedly, I dont know much about MAG.

[quote name='Dahk']I'm loving Borderlands right now. I'd go with that and Heavy Rain. That game looks epic.

Dante's Inferno looks alot like a God of War clone (not that thats a bad thing). Admittedly, I dont know much about MAG.[/QUOTE]

I' d recommend the same thing. Borderlands is excellent, and Heavy Rain looks amazing. There's a demo for Dante's Inferno, but it looks like a poor man's God of War.

MAG might be fun if you're ok with online-only play.

I'd go with MAG and Borderlands first (though Heavy Rain looks more interesting than Borderlands to be honest) and wait for Dante's Inferno and Heavy Rain to go down in price. My reasoning is that these two games have a heavy online component, so you want to play before player's interest diminishes

MAG surely because it has online (well it is completely online). Second pick would be a toss-up between Borderlands and Heavy Rain. You can wait on Dante's Inferno to go cheap because you're getting GOW3 soon.

As a person who's passed Dante's Inferno, I can't recommend it as a purchase.

MAG is great if you like online multiplayer and a strategic FPS. I haven't played Borderlands or have only tried the demo for Heavy Rain.

Demon's Souls is the best PS3 game to date. If you can beat the first level without breaking things, you'll play the game for about 100 + hrs.

MAG will make every other FPS game obsolete if you stick with it for at least 10 hrs. Absolutely epic.

Dante's Inferno is pretty terrible. I'd say you'd have to really be into God of War style combat (mash buttons, rinse and repeat for the entire game) to take interest in that. If you play and beat Demon's Souls, its nay impossible to play through a game like this.

Borderlands was pretty amazing for about 40 hrs, but leveling different characters after you've completed it with one is a chore. The PvP is pretty mediocre and is really only fun if played through with a friend. The missions start to feel like a chore, especially if you beat the second play through with one character.

Heavy Rain is really story driven, so if you're into that, it might be your cup of tea. I'm sure I'll play through the game, but I don't see how it could compare to my first two picks.

bread's done
Back