Game With A Brain seeking writers

elwood731

CAGiversary!
I've seen such posts here before, so if it's no longer kosher then forgive me. I'll blame one of the cool kids (perhaps Strell?) and move along.

Anyway, I am looking for some other writers to work on the Game With A Brain web site (located conveniently at http://www.gamewithabrain.com ). I could go into long preachy theoretics behind the site, but essentially it's a news and opinion site, heavy on the opinion.

Not looking for any particular time commitment, but am looking for quality writers. In other words, if you can convince me in three sentences or less that candy is delicious, well, you're on your way. If interested, feel free to contact through the site or PM on here.

Deeper thoughts and insights can be added later if anyone so desires, but for now they're being kept under lock and key in a Word file. If there's time, I'll make a backup copy of the file.

Behold, this post is over!

Now.

I have to say, without even the promise of candy for myself, I do not see much of a draw.

I will however, say that you have a pretty tasteful domain name there... someone may buy it at a high price.

Candy contributes to high gas prices and childhood obesity. And then the terrorists win. You don't want them to win do you?

[quote name='CouRageouS']Candy contributes to high gas prices and childhood obesity. And then the terrorists win. You don't want them to win do you?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, man, I seriously can't stand fat kids.

I will gladly write for you...I need some creative outlet to quench my hatred for my day job. Oh, and all the questions that have been asked already: Candy, what type of writing, etc. etc. etc.

Alright I'll give it a shot, Candy is delicious because it never judges you and its sugary goodness is a release to a world only rivaled by sex.

Would like more information on the requirements and such..

[quote name='kube00']Candy is delicious because it never judges you and its sugary goodness a release to a world only rivaled by sex.
[/QUOTE]

Now with the critical flaws in this one sentence you've written, I'm not sure how you could become a staff member.

On second though OP, what kind of writing are you looking for? Reviews? General gaming news? I would actually be interested in writing reviews. I browse tons of other gaming media sites so other articles wouldn't be out of the question. The site looks like it could use some traffic though. Perhaps hold some sort of giveaway contest to promote the site? Easiest way I've seen places gain readership.

Behold, more info as per request! First, the stuff that goes within block quotes...

Game with a Brain is neither as tongue-in-cheek nor pretentious as it sounds, which to many may simply mean it’s not nearly as fun as it could be. While that may be true, the site is an honest attempt to take an intelligent look at video games and gaming culture. As gamers, the writers of this site find that far too often video games are looked down upon a medium, and far too often they deserve to be. If games and gaming culture are to ever be respected then it will take bring a certain level of respect to the way they are covered journalistically. That is the end goal of this site.

Unlike with many gaming sites, Game with a Brain does not have a particularly pro-gaming stance. The attempt of the site is to be as non-biased in its coverage as a fan site can allow. Sounds complicated, huh? Well, it is. No one is claiming to have it down to a science quite yet.

If all those randomly strung together words did not frighten you away, then leave it to the specifics that follow!

• Pay = $0.00, for now. As long as the site is in the hole, pay will have to be minimal. Once the site actually starts making money, then I'd love to pay something.
  • Types of Articles = Read over the front page of the site for an idea. Basically, most of the site is news pieces mixed with opinion, or more to the point--news paired with context. Also included are feature pieces along the lines of "Top Five Worst Titles for Good Games" and "Top Five Most Influential NES Games." Some have asked about writing reviews, and while not something currently done, I'd be happy to talk to anyone who might be interested.
  • Update Frequency = I'm more willing to work at whatever speed someone feels comfortable with. If you can contribute weekly, then great. If you can add something daily, then even better. I think this needs to be fun.

That should give you some idea about the site. That, or at least give you enough words to choke your prized colt. Either way, if you still have questions I didn't manage to deftly avoid, feel free to post, PM, etc. Oh yeah, some of you haven't been very convincing about the candy so far...

bread's done
Back