GameBoy Advance SP for $50 at Sam's Club YMMV

doraemonkerpal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
taken from fw (thanks regeneron):

"I just went out to buy my son a GameBox Advance SP. Thought I would stop at Sam's to see their price. They had a flame version for $99 and an onxy version for $70. We bought the onxy version, but at the checkout it rang up at $49.81. Good deal since I was planning on paying $99. I don't know if this was a mistake or a price markdown. Good luck."

if anyone has a sam's club card, it doesn't hurt to try. there were a few people who said it worked and a few people who said it didn't. YMMV! :D

I wonder if this applies to bundles or only the system alone becuase I don't I have even seen them selling just the SP at my local Sam's Club.

[quote name='BULL_Ship'][quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='BULL_Ship']Anyone know where i can find some entry coupon for sam's club[/quote]

Here you go, good til the 16th.
http://images.bigfootinteractive.com/creative/2004/discover/mar/samsclub/guestpass.html

Let us know how the deal goes.[/quote]

Crap not applicable in CA

Or does that mean i don't pay the 10% fee?[/quote]

Looks to me like you guys in CA, SC, and Elmsford don't have to pay the 10% fee (lucky bastards :p )

I just called both of my SAM's clubs here in Tulsa...they both stated to me..that this was a deal that was going on all last month.

They stopped doing it on the first apparently and they also sold out quickly at both stores because many many customer's rushed in on this deal.

Again, the SAM's clubs in the Tulsa, OK area are reporting this deal as dead and no longer valid. FYI...

i live in SC, but my mom has a membership anyway. then again, i don't feeling like hounding her to get me in to Sam's. i'll try that coupon.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']mine sells outrageously priced bundles for 200[/quote]

In Green Bay we have GBASPs that sell for just under $100 (like $96 or something) and a bundle with Dokney Kong Country. I might swing by to take a look later tonight.

im checking in So. Cal tonight after work. if i dont post anything by 2:00pm 5/11 PST. that means i was too dissapointed that there was no deal. and i could not bear myself to face this taunting thread ever again.

[quote name='rimsforsale']im checking in So. Cal tonight after work. if i dont post anything by 2:00pm 5/11 PST. that means i was too dissapointed that there was no deal. and i could not bear myself to face this taunting thread ever again.[/quote]

LMAO! good luck to you then, lol!

[quote name='rimsforsale']im checking in So. Cal tonight after work. if i dont post anything by 2:00pm 5/11 PST. that means i was too dissapointed that there was no deal. and i could not bear myself to face this taunting thread ever again.[/quote]

i may check tonight too in socal., but since you are going already.....

Keep us posted, I have been patiently watching for gba sp's for a couple months.

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer'][quote name='BULL_Ship'][quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='BULL_Ship']Anyone know where i can find some entry coupon for sam's club[/quote]

Here you go, good til the 16th.
http://images.bigfootinteractive.com/creative/2004/discover/mar/samsclub/guestpass.html

Let us know how the deal goes.[/quote]

Crap not applicable in CA

Or does that mean i don't pay the 10% fee?[/quote]

Looks to me like you guys in CA, SC, and Elmsford don't have to pay the 10% fee (lucky bastards :p )[/quote]

Elmsford...? (I'm confused because there is an Elmsford, NY, and incidentally, there's a Sam's Club there)

Edit: Just saw the pass, rofl. I don't need it, I live like 5 min from the Elmsford Sam's Club.

Well, just checked my Sam's in Onalaska, WI and took all four of the tags up to the checkout. The Silver and Black were marked on the tag with a "C" indicating Clearance so I was hopeful.

All for not as they all scanned at checkout at $99. I did not ask for a price check either, just acted like I was buying them.

Oh well.

I wouldn't bother going out for this. I talked to a guy at sams. There was a pricing error and they took some pretty heavy losses, but as I understand it, it has been corrected. So you may have had to have been lucky before, but you might as well play the lottery now.

[quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='rimsforsale']im checking in So. Cal tonight after work. if i dont post anything by 2:00pm 5/11 PST. that means i was too dissapointed that there was no deal. and i could not bear myself to face this taunting thread ever again.[/quote]

i may check tonight too in socal., but since you are going already.....

Keep us posted, I have been patiently watching for gba sp's for a couple months.[/quote]

what u mean keep us posted, didn't i say if i didnt post by certain time then deal is no good? heh, im playin yall.. but yea even thou this thread still taunts me im bak here to tell you that my so-cal sams had it REG PRICED!!! dammit!!!! and i got pulled over and detained for 5 hours at a police station holding cell becaues i didnt have my licence on me that day!!! so yea, those of you who wanted me to go, owe me $300 for getting my car out of impound, and 5 hrs of my life. i accept check/M.O. or jus a trade of 3 gba sps. got it! ok, well ill be waiting for my money.

a letter c on the price tag at sams does not mean clearance. it means that, that item is a cancelled item. keep an eye on those because if they do not sell they will probably mark them down to get them out of there.

I was at the Sam's CLub last night in Timonium, MD and they had one GBA SP bundle left at this insane price. THe strangest thing of all is that they have the bundle for the low price, and right next to it, they have the regular SP's for full price! :?:

It is $49.98 and it comes with the LOZ: Link to the Past w/ Four Swords and the Guide. I did not buy it since I don't have enough money right now :(. But I'm dead serious....someone ought to go there and get this right away.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I wouldn't bother going out for this. I talked to a guy at sams. There was a pricing error and they took some pretty heavy losses, but as I understand it, it has been corrected. So you may have had to have been lucky before, but you might as well play the lottery now.[/quote]

Yes, that is true. I stopped in there today and brought an onyx system to the register with my other purchases. $98.xx

bread's done
Back