Gameboy Advance + Wii

DrJoe

CAG Veteran
I'm new to Wii -- my girlfriend worked out that the WalMart truck made its way from the Auburn Maine store to the Augusta Maine store and was able to make use of the news that "the truck just left Auburn" -- she got to Augusta just in time to get a Wii for me for Christmas.

So I have a few games (Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Mario Galaxy) and two remotes, and am ordering a component adaptor on E-bay.

My question:

My girlfriend's son has a Gameboy Advance, and he has several Pokemon games that are listed as being compatible with the "Nintendo GameCube Game Boy Advance Cable". Is this something useful to me? What exactly does this link cable do? Does it just let the Gameboy Advance game be played on the TV monitor? Or does it do something more? Is there anything else I would need before this is a capability I can take advantage of? Or is this a "purposeless feature"?

Thanks for your help,

Joe

Some games utilized the gameboy advance to unlock new items or to transfer pokemon. While other insane games (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) required gameboy advances and cables to play the game in multiplayer. Basically making the gameboy into a controller with its own screen. Since the cable hooked in through the controller port, it should be fully compatible with the Wii. But it is mostly a small addition to gamecube games which you have to own before hand.

Now as to the subject to whether or not you can play gameboy advance games on your Wii, I am sorry to tell you that you cannot. There was a device that worked with the gamecube, but because of how it docked on to the system it is uncompatible with the Wii.

You can play the Gamecube Pokemon games (eg Colosseum) with the GBA pokemon you have and transfer any special pokemon you get in Colosseum back by using that cable.

Thanks for the replies!

So, unless I buy a game cube pokemon game, this is basically a feature I should ignore. Will the "exchange" feature work with Wii Pokemon games? Or just Game Cube games?

Thanks again for your responses!

take care,

Joe

I think for the Wii pokemon games you can transfer wirelessly through a nintendo DS. I am not sure if the gameboy advance versions work, but if I had to guess I would say no. You should check out the gamefaqs page to be sure though.

bread's done
Back