Gameboy Micros- $25 @ Wal-Mart YMMV?

This is a price I will finally bite at! My local wal-mart has a stack of about 30 micros....hopefully, I can snag one at this price....

WOW I have a DS but a micro would be sweet...i only need one other person to confirm before i can pull myself away from Playoff football. GO PATS

Somebody please confirm if this is going on in other areas, please. I want one, but don't want to drive 25 minutes to my closest one to get turned down :(

It's probably like every other Walmart clearance where that store decided to mark them down and most if not all other Walmarts will be full price

Oh man, even though I have a ds I would deffenatley pick one up at that price!

Confirmed to be YMMV. I just shot over to my local small town non-super Wal-Mart about a mile away. I counted 48 Micros still in stock, with atleast 8 being the Anniversary edition and atleast 10 the style with the extra faceplates. I had the girl price check all 3 styles....all still $49.88. I'm sure they'll have to clearance them out at some point at this Wal-Mart...just not yet:cry:

[quote name='maccabee72']Confirmed to be YMMV. I just shot over to my local small town non-super Wal-Mart about a mile away. I counted 48 Micros still in stock, with atleast 8 being the Anniversary edition and atleast 10 the style with the extra faceplates. I had the girl price check all 3 styles....all still $49.88. I'm sure they'll have to clearance them out at some point at this Wal-Mart...just not yet:cry:[/quote]

thats dissapointing, oh well, i will just have to keep my eye out

Definitely YMMV. I checked my Walmart with about 8 Mircos, one being the Famicom edition and they were checked at 49.88 - no thanks!

But thanks for the heads up OP, it would have been an excellent find!

Not on sale in Scottsdale, AZ, but the Mesa store on Main St. says they're coming up at $29.99. If that wasn't forever away, I might bite but I have a Micro.

Walmart "clearance" deals should be posted in the regional forums as they are always YMMV. Walmart sales can be posted here because those are chain-wide.

[quote name='Green Giant']I was just at a Wal-Mart in Frederick, MD purchasing Prey LE and I saw a stack of 10 or so silver gameboy micros clearanced at $25[/quote]

Man that is a killer price, i am going to try and go their soon.

[quote name='abhinav']Man that is a killer price, i am going to try and go their soon.[/quote]

I'm not sure how familiar you are with Frederick, but there are two Wal-Marts...I was at the Wal-Mart off of 26 (across from the Giant)...Good Luck

Green Giant, were the ones you saw for $25 with or without the faceplates?

Too bad no one else can find this deal. Maybe you could just go buy all 10 of them and offer them up for $33 shipped to your CAG comrades. I for one would think you were cool.

Green Giant, were the ones you saw for $25 with or without the faceplates?

Too bad no one else can find this deal. Maybe you could just go buy all 10 of them and offer them up for $33 shipped to your CAG comrades. I for one would think you were cool.

$49.xx at Dixon, CA still, the guy got pissy when I asked him to ring it up, heh whatever

I would buy one from the OP if he did do that (I could be first or second in line if he did maybe?)

[quote name='Green Giant']I'm not sure how familiar you are with Frederick, but there are two Wal-Marts...I was at the Wal-Mart off of 26 (across from the Giant)...Good Luck[/quote]

Indeed i know very little, thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='foundation']Not on sale in Scottsdale, AZ, but the Mesa store on Main St. says they're coming up at $29.99. If that wasn't forever away, I might bite but I have a Micro.[/quote]

Guess I should go check the Gilbert store next to me.

Can someone get the UPC code for those so at least we can look it up from one of the scanners? So we don't have to deal with the people in blue vests.

I'd be interested in paying $33 for one if anyone can pick me up one.

This deal does sound like its a YMMV but I just might swing by and check, thanks for the heads up OP

[quote name='foundation']Not on sale in Scottsdale, AZ, but the Mesa store on Main St. says they're coming up at $29.99. If that wasn't forever away, I might bite but I have a Micro.[/QUOTE]
Really? Awesome! I'm about 30 minutes away, I may grab one on the way home from work. Thanks for posting.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Really? Awesome! I'm about 30 minutes away, I may grab one on the way home from work. Thanks for posting.[/quote]

While you are there can you look and see if they have the Anniversary ones? I am thinking of making a trip that way, but only if they have those. Don't trust calling...

Thanks.

The micros are definitely NOT on sale in the number of Austin, TX (Cedar Park, RR, North Austin...) Wal-Marts that I checked out.

:cry:

bread's done
Back