gameboy player....any good?

Yes its great. The graphics are slightly blurred when in fullscreen mode, but overall its very well worth the money. Alot of games are easier to play on a bigger screen with a GC controller. You can even link up 4 gamecubes with 4 players and 4 tvs if you wanted to.

[quote name='Wshakspear']Get one of these controllers to mae it even more worthwile. The gc d-pad IS the same size as the GBA's, but that doesnt mean you have to settle :)[/quote]
Ive been meaning to pick one of those up, but the price is a little too high for me.

[quote name='DenisDFat']Without my GB player, I would not be able to play GBA games, due to poor eyesight. recommended[/quote]

Holy fuck!! He didn't say it sucked....he likes it, he really likes it!!

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='DenisDFat']Without my GB player, I would not be able to play GBA games, due to poor eyesight. recommended[/quote]

Holy shaq-fu!! He didn't say it sucked....he likes it, he really likes it!![/quote]
Wow... the fact that you commented on that makes me hate humanity even more.

[quote name='Storamin'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='DenisDFat']Without my GB player, I would not be able to play GBA games, due to poor eyesight. recommended[/quote]

Holy shaq-fu!! He didn't say it sucked....he likes it, he really likes it!![/quote]
Wow... the fact that you commented on that makes me hate humanity even more.[/quote]

I'm guessing that you don't really understand the situation here. His comments usually are always about how much things suck. Not to mention that my comment was sarcastic.

got it a year ago. breathes new life into GBA games.

Metroid fusion
All 3 Castlevania's
Golden sun1+2
Mario+Luigi
FF tactics advance
Super mario world
Yoshi's island
Harvest moon
Wade Hixtons Counter punch
etc.

much better with the GB Player. too bad no super Game boy compatable.

I decided to pick one up around 7 months ago since I pretty much bought all the games I wanted most for PS2, GC, and Xbox. All I have to say it's one of the best things I ever bought. I started off with only one game when I got it, but ended up with around 38 games in 7 months. I'm constantly playing it and the games are very good. I was very impressed how great the games looked, although most games don't have very good sound. If you like 2-D gaming, I definitely recommend it. I really wished I bought mine earlier.

Before the SP, it was definitely a necessity to play Castlevania: CotM. My buddies and I also like to play platformers together, trading off lives or stages, so it's definitely a plus for that.

I hear it expands your GCN library a ton. I used to have one and traded, now I regret that. I have a question though. Does anyone know how the Datel version works in comparision to the actual GB Player.

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']I hear it expands your GCN library a ton. I used to have one and traded, now I regret that. I have a question though. Does anyone know how the Datel version works in comparision to the actual GB Player.[/quote]

I would like to know also.

Datel will only play GBA games, not original or GBC games. Also, i hear it has problems with games that sport GameBoy Player features. Like Malrio & Ruigi, SMA4, FFTA, etc.

this maybe a stupid question....but i just got my gbasp a month or so ago....i read that the gameboy player plays regular gameboy games, gameboy color games, and gameboy advance games....does the gba sp play gameboy color games??? i didnt think it did, but i see an auction on ebay that says it does

by the way, i bought a gameboy player a week ago....its got my gf and i playing super mario brothers 1 2 3 and nonstop....finally, something that she'll play....w/o beating her first...

[quote name='trustcompany1013']this maybe a stupid question....but i just got my gbasp a month or so ago....i read that the gameboy player plays regular gameboy games, gameboy color games, and gameboy advance games....does the gba sp play gameboy color games??? i didnt think it did, but i see an auction on ebay that says it does[/quote]

An SP can play any type of gameboy game.

bread's done
Back